Harmony Influencer for Mudlet

FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
edited April 2016 in Mechanic's Corner
So today I wrote a simple influencing system that uses stratagems. Credit to Morbo's Windmills Influencer which I used as inspiration for this. Please keep in mind that this is ultimately written for my own use so don't expect this to be as fully featured or customisable as some of the other systems you might find. I've tested it a bit and it has worked so far for me but I'm sure it'll probably break here or there. If you do use it, please let me know how you find it!

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/68221rkl70ddied/Harmony Influencer.xml?dl=1

Requirements:
Mudlet with GMCP enabled
Stratagem skill in Combat

Installation:
1. Download and save the .xml somewhere.
2. Install through the package manager.
3. Save and restart the Mudlet profile.

Quick Start:
1. Use ti <target> to set the influencing target
2. cha/emp/par/sed/wea to switch to charity, empower, paranoia, seduce, weaken influencing, respectively.
3. hinf to toggle between influencing all mobs or just one mob
4. Use the F1 key to start influencing!

Known Issues:
-City influencing has been largely untested. I'm also missing lines for Serenwilde and Magnagora

Comments

• I just installed it through package manager. Saved, and restarted Mudlet but it's not working properly for me :

'ti gentleman

[Harmony]: Influence Target Set: GENTLEMAN

emp

[Harmony]: Influence Type Set: EMPOWER
    A cadaverous gentleman silently materializes, his hand clutching at his dangling eyeball.

hinf

[Harmony]: Influencing every target in the room

[Harmony]: Influencing every gentleman with empower
    sm add influence gentleman with compliments
    That is not a valid command.'

From there, nothing happens. Anything I should do?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited April 2016
    You have to have the stratagems skill in combat. If you use m&mf, you could try altering it to use the do queue instead.
  • Oh okay, well time to learn then. Thank you, @Tarkenton.

Also this looks great @Falmiis. I think I'll love it after I learn some more combat.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited April 2016
    Yep, this was built with stratagems in mind but like Tarkenton said it can be changed to use the mmf do queue instead.

Go to the scripts. In the one called Utilities about 5 lines down replace:

send("sm add influence "..hi.target.." with "..hi[hi.type][hi.next])

with

mm.doadd("influence "..hi.target.." with "..hi[hi.type][hi.next], true)

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Just without the sm add in the second line :p
  • Right, edited :D
  • Released a new version
    I found an issue where sometimes the skill lookup wasn't working which made the script not initialise properly on log in. I've made a change and it hasn't failed for me since then so hopefully it has been fixed.
    Also fixed a couple of the influencing lines.
    Added the mob reaction lines for city influencing so in theory they should work, but until I get more testing in revolts I can't guarantee that it does. Still need Serenwilde and Magnagora's attack lines.
  • Just wanted to say this is pretty nifty, thanks :)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• In almost 2 years of Lusternia this is the first time I've had an auto-influencer. I love this thing! Thanks, @Falmiis!
  • Now I wish I'd seen this before Angkrag yesterday haha - would totally give you those lines for Mag to add in!
  • It looks like it is actually Serenwilde's that I don't have.
  • If nobody beats me to it I can provide them when I get home tonight