Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Tylwyth said:
    Key of the Colossi -lets you use a Colossi in standard PvP battle.
    Chain of the Colossi-lets you combine your Colossus with up to four others who also have the Chain to form a MegaColossus.

Always wanted to do more with a Colossi.
    Org based costume arti's.  2 per org. To avoid making one seem more important to an org do a somewhat random name.  Have Delta and Gamma stole that you can costumize to your current org by touching lit like prayer beads. Each would have a list of what it would turn into a for an org.
    Maybe the Delta stole would do all the first ones on this list and the gamma all the second: 
    A Crow and Shadow for glom.
    A Stag and [Moon?] for Seren.
    Not really sure about teh cities outside of Celest and maybe mags having a Demon.
    An Air Elemental and Gem Halli. 
    A Fire Elemental and [Fleshbeast?] for Gaudi.
    A Water Elemental and Angel for Celest.
    An Earth Elemental and Demon for mags.

Would love some org-based costumes. Not all of us have caught the eye of a divine.
  • For posterity since I didn't see another auction thread.

*****************************[ Current Auctions ]******************************<br>Id&nbsp;&nbsp; Status&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Max / Min&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Title&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Winner&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Days<br>1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 310/&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 310 Great Rune of the Lumberjack&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Xenthos&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 755/&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 755 Ring of Vampirism&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Taevyn&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 755/&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 755 Ring of Rubeus&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tarken&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2271 Boots of Shanth&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Ixion&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1705/&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1705 Cement Socks&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gero&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 4200/&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 4200 Divine Rune of Superior Mettle&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Karlach&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>7&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 955/&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 955 Cloak of Thorns&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tarken&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>8&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1015/&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1015 Wand of Ice&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Kaimanahi&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>9&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1000/&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1000 Wand of Fire&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Inagin&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>10&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1405/&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1405 Wand of Windwalls&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Inagin&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>11&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 5400500/ 5400500 Great Rune of the Lumberjack&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Taevyn&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>12&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 6295500/ 6295500 Ring of Vampirism&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Inagin&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>13&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 10000500/10000500 Ring of Rubeus&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Steingrim&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>14&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 9000500/ 9000500 Pound of Raw Flesh&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Vivet&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>15&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 8000500/ 8000500 Gleaming Wax Cube&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Faragan&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>16&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 7000500/ 7000500 Golden Lifeline&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Kaimanahi&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>17&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 15050500/15050500 Circlet of Lucidity&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Arimisia&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>18&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 7051500/ 7051500 Scrying Mirror&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Zada&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>19&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 7000500/ 7000500 Scroll of Laurels&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Faragan&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0<br>20&nbsp;&nbsp; WON&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 8235067/ 8235067 Manna of the Gods&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Barrin&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Thank you @Xenthos for bailing me out at the last minute.

Originally bid on the rune thinking it was a goddamn gold bid.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited January 2017
    I had no intention of bidding on it... but the price was still pretty low and decided "why not".

It does not even go on my bardiche (though it can be a cutting weapon).  That would have been a good "this is why" reason, if I had known it. :(
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2017
    -moving this to simple ideas.  Had a better idea.-
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    For me, artifacts that let me move around the basin faster, are quite a blessing, but my main gripe with them always is "how will this affect events such as ascension trials?" when I think of it, but decided I'd suggest it anyway, maybe a way can be found to deal with these during events.

booklet of basin maps
    An artifact that can hold several 'maps' of areas in the basin. The artifact itself only holds one map, and that is pointing to your city/commune nexus. The map provides the following commands:

basinmap add <map> - add a new map to your basin map
    basinmap travel <mapname> - teleport ( standard teleport delay? ) to the area in question.
    basinmap list - shows all the maps you have

maps would be separate items sold, allowing people to customize their traveling to areas as they want/need it. e. g. there would be a 'map of tolborolla' allowing to travel to tolborolla, map of the undervault, map of the iceburn plains, etc.

Not sure if something like this wouldn't open a pandora's box, still it is something that would make me, personally, happy.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Box of Essential Stasis (100cr)

Stores up to 5 essences, stopping them from decaying.
  • Artefact to increase the amount of karma you can store.
  • Versalean said:
    Artefact to increase the amount of karma you can store.

Hmm artifact that gives you 1 free karma or domoth blessing. Doesn't cost karma, can switch it once a rl day.
  • Veyils said:
    Versalean said:

Hmm artifact that gives you 1 free karma or domoth blessing. Doesn't cost karma, can switch it once a rl day.
    Cannot decide if this would be OP, or pointless given how easy it is to farm karma. Would the free one count towards the cost of upkeeping other blessings?
  • Versalean said:
    Veyils said:
    Versalean said:

Cannot decide if this would be OP, or pointless given how easy it is to farm karma. Would the free one count towards the cost of upkeeping other blessings?

No. Also it wouldn't be op because you can maintain all the good karma blessings anyway so its basically a quality of life thing lets you get a buff without having to grind for it.
  • Veyils said:
    Versalean said:
    Veyils said:
    Versalean said:

No. Also it wouldn't be op because you can maintain all the good karma blessings anyway so its basically a quality of life thing lets you get a buff without having to grind for it.
    Sold!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited January 2017
    Veyils said:
    Versalean said:

Perma-XP bonus?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Not functionally any more permanent than karma harmony already is. 
  • Seems like there's two more auctions still so here we go.

Steingrim's Wondrous Hangover Cure - Cures Drunkiness once per day.

Steingrim's Stolen Chest of wonder gems - 20 Wonder Gems
    Steingrim's Stolen Cask of wonder gems - 10 Wonder Gems
    Steingrim's Stolen Bag of wonder gems - 5 Wonder Gems

Steingrim's Transformer - Cuts loss from energylink by 50%

Stiengrim's Stank Socks - Run faster to try to get away from your own stink. Gives the SPRINT ability

Rune of Co-dependance - Grants the PACING effect to everyone in your group.

Keeper of the Card Dashians - Grants the PACING effect to holder.

Oldies but goodies:

Amulet of Resurection

A wyvern-headed beastmaster's whistle  
  • Steingrim said:
    Seems like there's two more auctions still so here we go.

This one actually exists kinda, as the survivalist's chalice which is once an IG month, not day. Although the artifact is not public yet, it was for sale back during the artifact cart promo (and originally an auction before that).

• Ayisdra said:
    Steingrim said:
    Seems like there's two more auctions still so here we go.

This one actually exists kinda, as the survivalist's chalice which is once an IG month, not day. Although the artifact is not public yet, it was for sale back during the artifact cart promo (and originally an auction before that).

Oh, that's right. Pretty limited for something that does only a fraction of what several guilds can do at will. Plus if it has my name on it, I'm going to have to insist it is better...chalice indeed.
  • edited January 2017
    How about a new basic module for aethersuits:

+ Aetherial Translucence (50 dingbats)<br>Enhances your suit with the ability to use AETHERSUIT TRANSLUCENCE ON/OFF for the cost of 
    10 power (lasting indefinitely), which will convert most of the amazing material of your 
    suit into a translucent aetherial energy sheathe. This will remove any armour value that 
    it has entirely, simultaneously removing any penalties for Tattoo, Acrobatics or 
    Wildewood/Wyrdenwood users, and instead will cause any physical attacks made against 
    you to restore a small amount of mental or spiritual energy, or in rare cases generate
    additional damageshift or power.

The bonus on hit is just meant to be a little something to compensate for the suit not actually providing anything else with the armour gone, it's not meant to be a significant factor in combat/hunting. If it is, I'm open to any other suggestions!

Suggested numbers for effect on hit (of physical damage types only):
    - 43% chance for 1% mana/willpower restored
    - 42% chance for 1% ego/endurance restored
    - 10% chance for 250 damageshift on next attack
    - 5% chance for 1 extra power generated, but does not increase reserves if already at 10 power

Edit:
    Suggested messages could involve absorbing/transmuting kinetic energy, maybe? Only if you actually boost a stat because it is less than full, of course. For example:

Your translucent aethersuit siphons some of the kinetic energy of the attack into (your mental reserves/your spiritual reserves/your power reserves/thrumming aetheric electricity coursing through your body, waiting to be unleashed on a target).
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I would once again like to beg for a manse dweller upgrade that lets them do stage commands and count as an actor. I would pay so many credits to not have to wrangle a swarm of people to do stage things.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • edited February 2017
    Soooooooooooooooo....

How about that honey / honeycomb artifact?

Something that works like the flowerpot or the candy box.

Tae's Secret Stash of Honeycomb: (works exactly like the magical flowerpot) : Produces a max of 6 honeycombs per Lusternian month, when removed like flowers, lasts 2 months. Can be stored in shop storerooms.

Tae's Secret Honeypot: (works exactly like Gryphta's Olde Tyme Healing Tonic) Produces only honey (not honeycombs), can be put into the liquid-rift, vials, kegs etc.

*Please note, these are only names off the top of my head, but please let me us have honey ;-; *
    *Also please note, these are able to be used in cooking recipes etc. And possibly anything with honeycombs, if the second artifact were to be a thing, can we use the honey instead of trying to find the honeycombs?*

• How. How the heck are we supposed to beat people triggering yanks or rad off of the ears artie (indicates when an enemy/ally enters a room adjacent) and the goggle things (indicate when someone flies above you (in this case, triggering highjump (or even geyser)). What the heck am I supposed to do.

• Maligorn said:
    How. How the heck are we supposed to beat people triggering yanks or rad off of the ears artie (indicates when an enemy/ally enters a room adjacent) and the goggle things (indicate when someone flies above you (in this case, triggering highjump (or even geyser)). What the heck am I supposed to do.

Have you tried shielding as you enter the room? That'll counter the rad anyway.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You have to know ahead of time where those people are (somehow) and strategem shielding as you move adjacent to them. And hope they don't have any beckoners to beckon you away anyways. If they have both, you don't counter it.
  • edited February 2017
    Enyalida said:
    You have to know ahead of time where those people are (somehow) and strategem shielding as you move adjacent to them. And hope they don't have any beckoners to beckon you away anyways. If they have both, you don't counter it.

se;block w;ts

Trigger to do that and problem solved for beckon and rad.

EDIT: ts is my invoke circle alias.
  • Yeah, I guess we're just counting out everyone with latency, I guess. There's a very, very slim counterplay and it's giving me a hernia.

• Rad is pretty powerful, if your concerned about its use though you could maybe put in an envoy report to see about nerfing it if you think its too strong?
  • It's not just rad, it's the people triggering chainyank too.

• People are complaining about the fortress meta all the time, but they're not above using these artifacts. It really bothers me.