Craziest Day

edited January 2017 in Common Grounds
What is the craziest day you've ever had in Lusternia? Would you do it again?
<3
Versalean said:
@Didi - I want to marry your RP and have its kids <3
Keep doing what you do.
(The Shadow Kindred): Dylara says, "Didi is pretty awesome, glad someone stole her."

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Rancoura became social-ish and had tea and generic conversation with @Oueli in her manse to make her feel better. Would rarely never happen again.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hahaha okay what are we defining as crazy? I have a few doozies.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Xenthos said:
    A new God came to the Basin, completely covered in wrappings.  We RP'd for a couple days with him.

Then he took off the wrappings and it was me.  :o

That was pretty crazy.
    I still say we should have sided with Xynthin. What's a little death and total destruction of all we hold dear?
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    One time my God ordered me to contest his avatar as warlord of Magnagora.

One time I became a demigod, and my God was there to greet me when I showed up at the havens. "Meh, whatever. Here, have avatar."

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • One time when I was in the Moondancers we had something like four novices all exit the portal all around the same time. 

Dragged all four to Ridien and the introduction became a class. Teaching all of them to bond, etc. I think it was like an hour because we went through everything with all of the roleplay stuff around it.

Ended up being pretty fun, so would do again.

And I mean, then there was the time I had barely started a 10 hour shift at work (where I couldn't connect from my desk pc) and got a message that the hand quest was about done (i'd been working on it for the past few days) and if I didn't log in, someone else was going to complete it for their epic. So I jumped onto a test machine, logged in and claimed my epic while pretending to test websites or something >_>
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The event leading up to the reveal of the mad Lakedancer had me running around for hours, using my hunting companion to track down aggressive plants for people to hunt down. I drained so, so much willpower. It's when I came up with the idea that a Tracker and their companion are extensions of each other's spirits. When my willpower dropped into the yellow range, Ev would start to get massive headaches and have trouble distinguishing himself from the wolf. When it dropped into the red, their spirits would "switch", and the wold would talk through his body and Ev would see/feel through the wolf's. It's the only thing I miss about the willpower mechanic.

There was also the time Ev was the Serenguard GM -and- enemied to Moon, Hart, Moondancers, Hartstone, and Lisaera, while trying to fight and defend Ethereal Serenwilde.

Or the day he got executed. It's why he's terrified of Bandrui to this day and won't go near her hut unless he has to. I think Ev is one of two, maybe three people who've been executed by Bandrui. It's seriously twisted, and I love it.

Or the two Wolverine vision quests. Those were wicked awesome. Need to do the third one soon...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Well, when I RP'd being Akuno's son the first time he game me Nightshade as a Suffix, since he couldn't adopt  me till after he got married.

I kept that for alooong time....

Then another day while I still had it, @Rowena sent me a tell to come to her and then proceeded to point out that she noticed me seeking to do/complete Glom's Epic even though I was still fairly young(I was only like level 50ish or so when I started IIRC) and it was nice to see.

Then another day, also unconnected to any larger event, I was hanging around the Master and a Night Hag(a guard) tried to seduce him into the Shadowdancers(a part of me wonders if the admin possessing her would have let her induct me, which would have been pretty cool/unique way of joining).

Another fun memory is when I perched on a human EbonGuard while talking to him and our Talons(at the time) landed on his head to "keep an eye on me" she claimed. Akuno, who was being a tree at the time, decided to reach up his roots and use them to pull us off the poor human. 

There was also a time when an ROUS was coming in and talking to people, and we were all trying to figure out what he was about, then Niico killed him and he never came back and I never got a clear answer to what was up with him...... :(
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited January 2017
    Talan and Eliron were giving eachother borderline death threats over Harbinger GT so I locked them in the champions office and everyone yelled until they felt better. Was 65% expecting Talan to outright kill Eliron in the office and wasn't entirely prepared for that outcome. 

Or alternate timeline Seren Xenthos calling me his wife. Same event where everyone got to see dreams of me blowing up zombie eliron and murdering xenthos. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    In reality, though, probably the day when @Nocht returned circa 201CE, with all the killing of the Sun fae and the impromptu ritual and a horribly-burnt Mother Night appearing in Her Father's arms.

Or the event with the crazy God-shards, and Rancoura standing before an unusually-behaving Nocht-shard and coldly asserting that He wasn't her real Lord. That was intense.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• The craziest day I've ever had in Lusternia has to be actually a series of days. Starting with the death of Sebitti and the absolute insanity all of the order endured. To this day Altrea has standing orders to execute Xypher if he shows signs of that level of madness again. I mean, the visions got so bad for Xypher that the guy ripped his own eyes out (which wound up in the entombed Sebitti's body). So deffinitely rave worthy to @Mysrai, @Iari, @Aiyana, @Persayis, @Ixchilgal, and so many many many others that were involved.

It is one of my favorite memories, sitting at work with the game going on my phone constantly getting to act like a super insane lunatic murmuring about bees and far dim dinstant warm Iklara! (Yes for those who didn't know, Iklara events started like 2 years ago).
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Making the black beauties on Crumkindivia during the Gnafia event, to save the Basin from succumbing to the terrible side effects of the blue beauties. That was a crazy night, but tons of fun. I had a great time during most of the Gnafia plot, with the hectic crystal cough cure manufacturing, and helping Ileein with the first completion of the Frosticia quest to free Jolly Bundy from the clutches of evil gnomes still standing out as some of my favorite moments in Lusternia.

(Goo? Goo! Goo!)
  • When griefing was commonplace in the early days, Alacardael seemed to have a particular interest in griefing this character, or so it really felt. Like he bothered other, earlier Serens I made too (I think that was just his thing?) but whenever Ril tried to do pretty much anything outside of Prime Seren, or heck, even straying too near the borders, anything seemed to invite the grief. Questing? My mobs are now paranoid or dead. Bashing? I'm paranoid IRL, and soon dead. That I had no interest or ability in PvP at the time did not matter. Sometimes it was all day, every day. To this day I could rant all night long about all the crap he'd pull, all the f'ing time.

One day came when all of a sudden he shoots me a tell (people have to be way worse than that for me to snub them) out of the blue asking if I want some aetherships, and then promptly transferred all four he owned right to me. Just like that, along with a couple of other more minor stuff.

I found out a little while later he suicided his char that day, but at the time it was completely crazy and bewildering. He never said bye, or sorry or anything like that, just "Here's some stuff" and he left. I'd go through all that again, not for free handouts, but because I would have liked to have known how our characters could have interacted differently when I finally learned to fight back a bit.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • I've wondered about that, actually. It would even make sense if we had ever interacted in any other way. But I'm pretty sure I was just a ridiculously easy target.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • RPing delivering a baby. Yes, that happened.

This was about 10 years ago. I don't remember who the character was. I was just supposed to be the midwife and I had to google to even know anything about babies being born.

0/10 would not do again.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Sylvanas said:
    RPing delivering a baby. Yes, that happened.

This was about 10 years ago. I don't remember who the character was. I was just supposed to be the midwife and I had to google to even know anything about babies being born.

0/10 would not do again.
    I don't even want to think about those details with a real delivery coming up shortly enough in my own future. And that's with me having gone through it before! I've always hated that particular RP. Want to do it? Great. It is sooooooo not my thing though.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I think the craziest time for aeldra was while she was in celest, allying herself with Marcella against the dream gods and exploring a lot of dark places that were rather scary ( while being constantly afraid of Marcella ). Occly it was really fun, but I think for aeldra that was quite a trip, but also one I picked a lot of lore up with.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Aeldra said:
    I think the craziest time for aeldra was while she was in celest, allying herself with Marcella against the dream gods and exploring a lot of dark places that were rather scary ( while being constantly afraid of Marcella ). Occly it was really fun, but I think for aeldra that was quite a trip, but also one I picked a lot of lore up with.
    Trying to remember which event it was, but for one of the lead-up events for Ascension, the Nature cave was absolutely filled with hostile mobs and Kagato had to put his grudges aside and work with a group of Magnagorans to clear them all out.  SOOOOO OOC for him :p
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I had a pretty crazy day involving Marcella too. Dar was just minding his own business, working on the highway circuit quests, when Marcella starts pinging his mindfield repeatedly. Til then they'd never had a hostile interaction, and in fact she'd been quite civil, so when she showed up and decapitated him it was both a bit of a shock, and the greatest national tragedy of the modern era. The incident led to some interesting RP, especially when she tried to get unenemied to Hallifax (a process that was ultimately so torturous I had to dip out of the Ambassador role). Also plenty of righteous indignation on Dar's behalf.   :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2017
    Incidentally, that also tilted Marcella and Maligorn's relationship into the negative. It was a rush to deal with the animosity; we kept a regular killcount on each other from that day forward (though I pulled ahead, waha).

I've been struggling to think about what would really warrant a "craziest day" post, but there was one time when Maligorn went to Isune's Fulcrux in 2015 and the two of them had a very heated discussion about the role of shards and Elders in the Basin. I probably came very, very close to being maggoted or disfavoured or zapped, but it was actually Isune's seeming restraint and willingness to discuss the topic with Mali (even while dangerously close to being P.O.'d) that really hooked me into the game (well, moreso), Hallifax, and Isune being unequivocally the best Divine.