The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• Vote: Silvanus

The longer I think on it the longer I feel like this just doesn't pass the smell test. I buy you being Oneiroi but I think your power makes way more sense as a scum power and knowing Sylandra she would find it very funny to have one of the most hated groups on the forums (the admins) be part of the mafia. It's perfectly meta.
  • I only got half a power. And obviously I'll happily fuel up the Silvanus train, but I wanna hear back from Breandryn properly first before we drive the Oneiroi to the dump where they belong.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
     To answer your question (sorry! infosec violation to have my phone on the floor), yes, I was just dumped back as day started, so i agree it's probably a jailer. 

I'm also paying a role made famous by, if that's helpful information.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Yeah, I am assuming Mason and Announcer counts as two powers and I have a "role made famous by" line.
  • Kiradawea said:
    I only got half a power. And obviously I'll happily fuel up the Silvanus train, but I wanna hear back from Breandryn properly first before we drive the Oneiroi to the dump where they belong.
    Which is totally fair. I just wanted to get a vote out to show people that it isn't scary. We seem a little trigger shy this game.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    See now, if I were to stay true to character I would come out guns blazing about facts and how I am completely right and my take on Luce's statement is absolutely accurate...

...instead lol my bad. I totally misread it as Luce saying he -didn't- trust that I went nowhere.

Actually thinking on it, totally getting that wrong is in character for me. Go me!

Re Silvanus I should comment that I find the role and possibly even the power believable, but not necessarily his alignment.

• Ok, I've read and caught up a bit. One thing that stands out to me is Tremula's alien abduction. Nobody mentioned that day two, which is when we saw no night kills. Why wouldn't it be mentioned? Maybe the jailer made a lucky hit and the scum target is keeping quiet? If we know who was jailed, then we could have a free lynch, BUT we don't want the jailer just revealing. I'm unsure what the best method is to pass on that information.

Regarding Silvanus, she mentioned that she warns someone and then we see the effect the next day - maybe we could try that out, as that's an easy way to prove she is lying?

Lehki says he is a tracker. What does that mean?

Woo for mafia hit! Do we think it was vigilante, a third party, or some magical Pokemon item power?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    In order, I think our jailer may just be inducing hallucinations, and Shaddus and Trem both got hit.

The Silvanus thing wouldn't be a bad idea of I could think of a pro town use of it that wouldn't end up biting us in the tail. The situation is more "if he's lying he's scum, lynch. If he's not, he's more likely to hit town than scum and we lose little by lynching him".

Lehki didn't claim tracker unless I missed it (and if he did, lynch him), I did. Tracker picks a target at night and learns who they target. Lehki targeted Ushaara night 1, Lavinya targeted no one last night. 

Right now I'm leaning toward vigilante, who should still stay quiet, either targeting Ssaliss or targeting someone switched with Ssaliss, though we should remember that SK is not out of the question even if it would be extremely lucky for town that not only did the SK not hit town night 2, but both mafia and sk got blocked or had their target healed night 1.

Also, I'm trigger shy because apparently my voting is a scum tell.
  • Breandryn said:
    Ok, I've read and caught up a bit. One thing that stands out to me is Tremula's alien abduction. Nobody mentioned that day two, which is when we saw no night kills. Why wouldn't it be mentioned? Maybe the jailer made a lucky hit and the scum target is keeping quiet? If we know who was jailed, then we could have a free lynch, BUT we don't want the jailer just revealing. I'm unsure what the best method is to pass on that information.
    Unless Shaddus is the jailor, and because he was roleblocked night 1, he wasn't able to jail anyone?  Just throwing an idea out there.

I believe Silvanus is who he says he is - having an admin in a game of forum mafia is completely meta, but I agree that his alignment doesn't quite work out.  But why would he reveal so early?  Unless he felt he was backed into a corner from people questioning him... it'd be interesting if we were to block/jail him tonight and see if there is a kill tomorrow.

I think I know who Lavinya is, hahaha.  I love your style, @Lavinya.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Jailor usually has priority. Like, the only thing that can go before a jailor is usually an unblocked bus driver. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Votecount:
    Shaddus: Unknown (1)
    Silvanus: Othero (1)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Voting is a scum tell. But so 's not voting. So since you're gonna be accused of bein' a scum anyway, you might as well vote. Don't let the fear of being accused of being a scummyscumscum stop you from playin'.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    And yet Kira didn't vote! Dun dun duuuuuuuun. 

Look I'm happy to give Silvanus a good prodding, mafia history tells me he's probably actually Elizabeth anyway and we shouldn't believe a word he says. I'm game.

Vote Silvanus

(Kira is totally right, voting patterns will unequivocally reveal to me your scummy natures, because FACTS.) 

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Othero and Luce have already done a pretty good job of hammering out the points that were lingering in the back of my head yesterday morning. It also feels like additional conversation/points of interest are unlikely to emerge today, so additional pressure seems the viable path.

Vote: Silvanus

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Yeah, what Vivet said. The quality of mercy is not strained, but my patience sure is. Let's get to killing.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yeah, I'll add the fifth vote. 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Not sure about voting for Silvanus. We will hold off for now. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Is there anyone else we're waiting to hear from?

• So I just had a thought. We've been going hard at Silvanus pretty much since the day started, but we've hardly questioned the veracity of Othero's claims. We were told that there would be flips this game, and we've seen them now, but have we considered if we can 100% trust the flips? I've said before we should question expectations this game, since it's SO META, as we all know. What if we've got an even more devious form of a janitor, that doesn't just hide role flips, but doctors them? Sets up Ushaara as a Mason with Othero so that he can now claim to be essentially powerless town since there's no longer much reason to use his supposed announcer power!

Actually no that's stupid.

BTW did I mention I may or may not have a posting restriction? 
  • Huh, I'm super curious who that posting restriction was based on.
  • Lehki maybe has to post paranoid wild theories? Interesting restriction - who hit him again? 

Silvanus looks the most guilty of us all and I think we will get some good information either way out of this.

vote: silvanus
  • Oh, I think that's a lynch.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    Well, we already got rid of the wrinkly old man, time to send the old women the same way. Mothballs have no place here, even if they naught be third party mothballs (you know how I am about third parties).

....well that bandwagon happened fast. Didn't even let him defend himself. Certainly interesting if he flips innocent.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lavinya said:
    ....well that bandwagon happened fast. Didn't even let him defend himself. Certainly interesting if he flips innocent.
    That's half the reason I didn't jump on. The other half is that a few people in the game are bound and determined that jumping on bandwagons is a scum tell,  but jumped on this themselves.

I hope he's not scum. I'm going to laugh if his quick reveal was a joker/jester ploy.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• "Wait. Wait. What's happening?" Silvanus asks, horrified as they advance. "What are you going to do?!"

"Flag all your posts!" one cackles.

"All... all of them!?!"

"ALL OF THEM."

We Xenthos'd him?!

That's not nice of us.  Not nice at all.
    NIGHT ACTIONS ARE IN. PLEASE STAND BY FOR ACTION CONFIRMATION AND RESPONSE. WHEN ALL HAS BEEN COMPLETED, THE DAYPHASE SHALL OFFICIALLY BEGIN.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    IT IS NOW DAY FOUR
    With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
    Daraius said: