Ascension Discs!

Comments

• I'll be straight up: The only thing stopping me from purchasing is the lack of clarity on trade/tradein. I'm not prepared to pay (multiples of) $40 to end up with a bunch of Beauty and Life discs. I will probably purchase if they can be swapped or traded in for a reasonable number of boundies.
  • These types of promos where you offer out items which can effect mechanics in such a huge way are always a bit worrying as a consumer.

Firstly I'm not sure if what I buy is what I get because like scarfs eventually common sense pulls out and you nerf them fairly quickly. I understand things in game change value and use but if it's changing value so quick it's a big discouragement to buy it initially. These kind of promos make me think just wait and see how you nerf/fix them before I bother buying.

And this unsure, uncertain situation is the third promo of the sort I can recall in the past half a year so. So unsure and uncertain promos are a fairly commonish thing in Lusternia.

It'd just make me confident in the product if you put more thought into the new item promos before you actually released them. Maybe from the group of volunteers and support network you already have.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Is the retributive damage of justice player only, or does it also backlash vs denizens?

And I assume the H/M/E discs are within the 13/13 system, if so they're sadly underwhelming. Since the change to artifacts giving 5/13 capping vitals has been really easy, when you look at some of the other effects on offer here it's certainly far from impressive.

Better alternatives would be a passive heals to those vitals, or even passive curing.

Also echoing the chaos crowd. We just killed static, let's not bring it back.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
     Do Life/Beauty/Knowledge only effect allows in the room at time of drop, or is it a constant buff? How long does the buff last  (can you leave the room and still have it?) and ?/13 is it?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Just as a side note I love the wheel and wheel based promo offers because gambling is fun :D
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Mana                  Disc of Knowledge                              3       13

It's a constant buff to all in the room that are allied to the user, I think?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Do these respect Avenger?

Did they say that there's a limit to discs in the room?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Actually, I think we're missing a vital question here.

Do these stack?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Doesn't look like it.
    I mean if 5 people each drop a war disc, are you going to get butchered by passives.

Or 10 justice discs from different sources in a room and you kill yourself punching anyone.

Also on a side note, if you have a justice disc and ally two people, if one hits the other do you create a constant feedback loop?

It probably makes your energy cubes explode.
  • edited February 2017
    Health                Disc of Life                                   3       13

Buff only applies to the room, it drops as soon as you leave.
  • Just tested the seal of death. Its an instant resurrection back to Before the Portal of Fate. Normal essence loss.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2017
    Scrap these.

Nature and chaos are briarwalls and reality but... with none of the costs, downsides, counterplay or backlashes and that can be cast adjacent rooms. The vitals ones are bard effects with... no opportunity cost, no downsides, no counterplay, and that don't have to be in the room of the caster. 

Beyond that mere fact, they're fortress items. Time and time and time again reports have been suggested and gone through with to lessen the destructive impact of fortresses on Lusternian combat. Then suddenly here comes an effect that not only enhances fortresses, but only really works in fortresses. Why? I'm really struggling to understand why administration would recognize and take affirmative action to tone down fortresses but then release these. 

• edited February 2017
    Ianir said:
    Versalean said:
    To be clear:

If I hit the 50-credit Wheel blessing, I'll instead get an Ascension Disc, and
    If I hit the 500-credit Wheel blessing, I'll instead get an Ascension Disc?
    The 500-credit Wheel blessing has not been changed for this. You should still get 500 credits if you hit it.

To clarify you do not get credits with the 50 hit fireworks now

Your coin vanishes in a puff of multicoloured smoke.
    The Wheel of Tzaraziko crackles with a brilliant display of colours, rewarding you with 101 
    aethergoop.
                                                   +=======+
                                        * * * * * *| BOOM! |* * * * * *
                                                   +=======+
    The shimmering form of Tzaraziko, an echo from the past, rises up over Avechna's Peak and proclaims 
    Veyils to be blessed by the Wheel.
    You have been rewarded with a Disc of Harmony.

So if you want credits it may be best to not use this promo and save your spins for later.
  • edited February 2017
    Chaos and war doesn't work at all right now, just hits untapped errors.
  • Alright, time for a few responses.

Shaddus said:
    Do these respect Avenger?

Did they say that there's a limit to discs in the room?
    These should respect Avenger. If they do not, BUG it.

There's no limit to the discs in the room, but they shouldn't stack.

Karlach said:
    Do these stack?
    No. The only one that -might- have the potential to stack is justice, but it's a 10% chance at the moment of firing (to be revisited today).

Veyils said:
    Just tested the seal of death. Its an instant resurrection back to Before the Portal of Fate. Normal essence loss.
    The essence loss should be reduced. If it's not, please BUG it.

Veyils said:
    Chaos and war doesn't work at all right now, just hits untapped errors.
    Please BUG untrapped errors if you see them in the future. For now, those errors should be fixed.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Chaos hits on all entry and is resisted by normal summon resistance. Hits on bix entry, archway entry, magical movement int, all elevations etc.
  • Everything but chaos seems kinda ok, nothing special but ok. Chaos is pretty amazing. Harmony becomes a requirement to counter chaos though I guess. 
  • Versalean said:
    I'll be straight up: The only thing stopping me from purchasing is the lack of clarity on trade/tradein. I'm not prepared to pay (multiples of) $40 to end up with a bunch of Beauty and Life discs. I will probably purchase if they can be swapped or traded in for a reasonable number of boundies.
    Swapping out undesirable discs for the most powerful ones would be pretty lame. In that same vein, being able to trade with other players would just result in the stockpiling of the most effective discs, which makes me uncomfortable.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Maybe at least "price" them at 90 credits so they can be traded in for 60 bound?
  • Maligorn said:
    Versalean said:
    I'll be straight up: The only thing stopping me from purchasing is the lack of clarity on trade/tradein. I'm not prepared to pay (multiples of) $40 to end up with a bunch of Beauty and Life discs. I will probably purchase if they can be swapped or traded in for a reasonable number of boundies.
    Swapping out undesirable discs for the most powerful ones would be pretty lame. In that same vein, being able to trade with other players would just result in the stockpiling of the most effective discs, which makes me uncomfortable.
    Dude, I would prefer tradein, but I'll settle for trade is all I'm saying. I'm not being doubledicked by the RNG.
  • Saw a bit of chaos seal in action, about 4vs12 and chaos seal was just bouncing the enemy around so much the smaller group were picking people off until it wore out. It's too much movement. Its kinda way too good.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm not sure if these results are normal or if I just got lucky, but I didn't get a single repeat in any of the discs I got.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/Rtock80p
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I didn't get any duplicates, either. I'd be tempted to buy another package if I knew duplicates either weren't possible, or were tradein-able...
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited February 2017
    Tremula said:
    I'm not sure if these results are normal or if I just got lucky, but I didn't get a single repeat in any of the discs I got.

Either you got VERY lucky, or I was incredibly unlucky.  I got ONE disc out of roughly 30 coin spins, with over half being aethergoop (I thought that the chances of goop from coins was supposed to have been significantly dropped)

EDIT: Got a disc of chaos from my Ur'trap coin >_>
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    Tremula said:

Either you got VERY lucky, or I was incredibly unlucky.  I got ONE disc out of roughly 30 coin spins, with over half being aethergoop (I thought that the chances of goop from coins was supposed to have been significantly dropped)
    This is the other reason I'm not purchasing :(
    You can get duplicates. Sat on two Justice discs here.

• Chaos discs are too good and they just help the fortress meta.

Please change themmmmmm.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.