Cross planar who lists?

13»

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2017
    Possibly, but doing one does not preclude doing the other. That's not an argument against changing CWHO and GWHO to make them show people across planes, but rather an argument for additional improvements. 
  • Enyalida said:
    Possibly, but doing one does not preclude doing the other. That's not an argument against changing CWHO and GWHO such that it shows people across planes, but rather an argument for additional improvements. 
    for additional improvements instead, but yes.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • RE: "People should be on Prime more often so newbies see you"

No. A lot of Lusternian activities happen outside Prime. Astral bashing, elemental essence, fae power, quests galore, etc. That's a good, uniquely Lusternian feature (not planes, per se, but that planes are a bigger chunk of the game as opposed to...Annwyn or the Void). 

The suggestion isn't to downplay planes. Rather, it's to lessen the feeling of emptiness that occurs due to players breing separated by different planes.

Have everyone show up on c/g/*WHO. Locations only if same plane/continent. Complete mask if gemmed or veiled or whatever (except in g or cwho).
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • Sorry to necro a very old thread (honest!), but I've been dabbling a bit in coming back to Lusternia and the immediate impression I have is "Wow, the game feels so empty!"

Most of the time there are 30+ people apparently online, but the who list shows around 5 people at best if I jump to prime... and CWHO usually shows only one other anonymous person somewhere in the world.

Can I ask whether any changes have been made to the WHO list functionality over the past couple of years? Does being part of the new guild system alleviate the problem of not knowing who you can interact with some other way?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2018
    There have been further discussions on this; nothing has really happened, but it's not "lost".

There have been improvements, though!  CWHO was updated so you can now see anyone who can hear your voice when you speak (which makes CWHO feel much more populated).  The exception is aethermanses; people in manses are always dropped from the list.  Assuming you have people online in your organization, the CWHO change does help a lot, but for some organizations with lower membership it doesn't really change much.

Edit: Makes it feel more populated to established players.  New players still have issues with CWHO feeling empty because they don't have a lot of Planar learned yet.  That's part of the discussions mentioned in the first sentence.
  • Would be nice to have a toggle on/off skill in planar (or even a demigod power) that makes you more visible

Most of the time if I am off plane, I don't mind people knowing I am about

• Kistan said:
    Would be nice to have a toggle on/off skill in planar (or even a demigod power) that makes you more visible

Most of the time if I am off plane, I don't mind people knowing I am about

I'd also be very happy with a manse and aethership toggle to not hide me from the plane to which I'm docked or connected.

I get some people like to hide in manses, but I don't need that most of the time (and I can always set up a room with the privacy artifact if I need it!)