The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Also, my fluff is being Shakespeare and I forgot to satisfy my daily post restriction. So, um, ask for me tomorrow and you shall find me a grave man. Or not, who knows?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I don't think that bringing Ellowyn back would reset her kill power, so I'd be more for bringing the investigator back. (That is what he did, right? I've been so bloody confused this game trying to remember who is what.)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ush was watcher, which is a little different from tracker - tracker sees who their target targets, watcher sees who else targets their target. If that makes sense?
  • I'd obviously be down for Ush coming back to the game.
  • The cocoa fluff is throwing me off but can figure that out later.

I'd vote for bringing back Ushaara. Ellowyn did awesome job nailing Ssaliss but Watcher probably more reliably useful. 

I'm okay with claiming if we all want that or people find me suspect, but I don't feel mass claim's neccasary just yet after Portius' claim. If we're going off of Kira's list than I'd look at @Fyler next, who's been really rather quiet since Day 1.
  • Ush has the more valuable power, so I too vote for bringing him back.

Thing is though, if the cocoa effect Shaddus talks about wasn't a roleblock, then who was roleblocked on the first night? Because Othero was roleblocked the second night, and not by the jailer. So there is a blocker out there. The cocoa implies that Shaddus could've been jailed too. But maybe cocoa is just there cause cocoa is delicious.

I don't think we ever established if Shaddus attempted to make a night action that night or not though. This plottening is so thick.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Excellent point about the limited kills probably not refreshing. Also power value.

Out of the jaws of death, I commend thee, Ushaara!

The cocoa fluff thing is a good point. Maybe Shaddus got blocked and doctored on N1? That seems unlikely, but it would be consistent with doctor messages not showing up if the target isn't attacked. The alternative would be cocoa being my fluff and me getting bussed last night, but I didn't get any message to that effect. I think Vivet did get one when she got bussed? If so, we can probably rule that option out.

So I guess that implies Shaddus was either the mafia attacker or their intended victim on N1, and we probably can't figure it out without testimony from our blocker.

• What gets me is that we're assuming the spaceship is jailor, but Kira saw both the cocoa and the ship. If Kira was jailed, shouldn't whatever the cocoa is not have gone through?  And also didn't Othero say when he was blocked it looked like shiny ribbons of light?
  • Yeah, I wasn't taken up in a spaceship or anything like that. The flavor did not read like a jail, it read like I was blocked from making my announce action.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    We grow weary with the doubts about Our purity, and will take a more active role in the conversation. 

Lavinya, tell us of your night. Do not lie, for the Judgement of Japhiel is upon you.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm not trying to give false positives! I'm not sure what I even did or said that's scummy. For serious. 

Unless you mean the accusing people of being Elizabeth and so forth, and if so that's part of my posting requirements. Not meeting the requirements means my vote doesn't count for that day. 

My night was boring. No actions to take, no messages of anything happening to me.

I think we need to apply some pressure. Going to go ahead and vote fyler 

Do not lie to Us, Lavinya. We know better. Do you seek to slaughter Fyler to save your own skin? Why he, and not another?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus, Am I right in assuming you don't actually have info but instead have some sort of truth detector?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    A mad cackling interrupts the day's activities, culminating in the chant of ancient voices:

"Double, double toil and trouble; 
    Fire burn and caldron bubble. 
    Cool it with a baboon's blood, 
    Then the charm is firm and good."
    -(William Shakespeare, Macbeth)

Hissing black smoke stretches across the premises, billowing away to reveal @Ushaara in their wake, returned from the land of the dead to that of the living.

Ushaara has now been revived, and may take part in the dayphase and nightphase of the game.

---

Votecount:
    Fyler: Lavinya (1)

With 12 now alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Reunited, and it feels so good...

I'll need a bit of time to catch up on what I missed as I stopped paying as much attention once I died, but I can at least reveal the manner of my death, since the announce post didn't mention anything than the Glow Cloud cow for Ssaliss.

I was stabbed with something made of iron, and collapsed in red-hot agony.

Other than that, can confirm the only person to target Vivet the night I died was Portius.
  • If Shaddus is Eventru, I wanna vote him off just on principle of Eventru being horrible and for the safety of all eyes everywhere. But until we get a roleblocker who can confirm that Shaddus was blocked, I'm willing to have Shaddus as being the target of a scum-kill as a possible main consideration.

Do you have any reason to suspect your flavour might involve cocoa Portius? Either way, this is probably a fruitless avenue of discussion. The way I read the flavour was that the cocoa was something I made for myself... then again. Maybe cocoa is code for "survived nightkill". Tough to say. I didn't see anything else implying I got attacked.

Now, we'll have to see if we've got Ushaara back among us. If so, I'm ready to fully believe Portius's healer claim, which means we're one step closer to identifying the scum-group. And while I'm ready to claim, Lehki makes a solid point that we don't have to push for all claims to happen at once. We've got time to take it slow and poke at the suspect list one at a time. I also agree that Fyler has been strangely quiet, so let us hear from them.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Oh hey. Ushaara's back. That's what I get for taking too long posting. Welcome back.
    @Kiradawea, my fluff is that I write the script for their night and thus keep them safe. I get a general feeling for what sort of night I write for them, and Shaddus' report is in line with that, but I don't get anything explicit. I probably can't do better without quoting Sylandra's message. So, cocoa is on the table but I wouldn't be surprised if other people did it either. Probably can't infer much from it.
    Let Us put Our cards on the table, as it were. Would that We were able to make this post in a more gloriously glorious and magnificent fashion, but We are hampered at this time.

We are indeed Eventru, Crown of the Exalted, Hand of the Hamadhi, last remaining of the First until the Welkin's timely return as of late. Our powers are myriad, and not be shared with mortals, except for the following. We will allow those of you who wish to worship us to wait until this game is over for your supplication and offerings.

Know that We do command the Light of Celestia, that We may keep those who would work their actions at night may be blocked from doing so. Know that on the first night, We did block he known as Fyler, and nobody was slain. Know that on the second night, We did block he known as Othero: in that, We submit a small apology for Our blocking an innocent. Know that last night, We did block Lavinya.

Know that Our story of cocoa was a bluff, as mortals call them. We posted it to keep those who guessed Our identity from thinking We were a blocker of roles, including other things. We did not have any sort of chocolate beverage, though We will be after this post. We notice that Kiradawea seemed to jump on this, falsely using it in her own claim the next day, and she also guessed Our identity. We believe it is possible she is in cahoots with Fyler, and guessing Our identity from Our regal nature as well as hearing Fyler's being blocked and the glorious gloriousity seen when such a miracle occurs, has decided that she should attempt to lynch Us instead, knowing Us to be both sacred and good, but puissant.

We are displeased with your betrayal, Kiradawea. We forgive you, but your punishment will be severe.

VOTE: Kiradawea
    Oho. That pretty much paints both of them in negative light. Well played, well played.

Know that gloriousity is also now a word. 
  • ... okay. Hell no. Eventru is not "good". He is the single worst thing to have ever (...) and I would like nothing more than to take a rusty spoon and (...) because that (...) is (...) (...) (...) (...)

Okay. I feel ever so slightly better. Slightly. But I'm gonna take a break for the rest of the evening. Because this really knocked me out way more than it should. I'll be back tomorrow. At this point I'm pretty sure that Fyler and Breandryn are the remaining scum.
    Right, right. Okay, things are coming together slowly. If Shaddus is telling the truth, then we've caught both Kiradawea and Fyler/Cyndarin/that shady ho in a pretty nice little bubble. But what happens if the one we choose to lynch is innocent? I'm going to keep very close count of vote train so I can try to see if I can unlock this last power.

Put on some pressure. Let's get @Fyler talking. 

• As we have the scum on the ropes and I am nervous of anti-town day actions: , "Go, Ampharos! Use Discharge!"

Vote: Kiradawea
    It pleases us that you have invoked an amphora-like creature for Us. You walk with Our friendship for now.
    A Pokemon Battle has begun!

Trainer Othero says, "Go, Ampharos! I choose you! Use DISCHARGE!"

A searing flash of light floods the premises, charging everyone with an electric-type attack! Whoa! Everyone is PARALYZED!

All daypowers have been BLOCKED for the remainder of this dayphase.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Votecount:
    Fyler: Lavinya (1)
    Kiradawea: Shaddus, Othero (2)

With 12 now alive, it takes to lynch.

---

(@Othero's Ampharos has used DISCHARGE! All daypowers have been BLOCKED for the remainder of this dayphase!)
    Daraius said:
    I'm not sure if daypowers being blocked will also block the unlocking of my day power, so fuck it.

Vote: Kiradawea

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'll confirm, Lehki targeted Lavinya last night! It's super ef-zzzt! Ow...