Level Guide to Influencing

Comments

• Xeria said:
    ecology? I have no idea what you're talking about. I hunted these mutts with shofa
    But this is for influencing.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You're in the wrong thread! This is the influencing thread.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    This is the influencing thread :P
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • This is a helpful guide so thanks for posting it :)
  • Snow valley, 40-60 (cats are dangerous)

St. Gathlyn's Orphanage for the Dispossessed, 20-40
    Mount Wend - Who knows? The spirits can be influenced, but they're undead. I've never done it. Danger cats again, too, but they don't break shields.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Tolborolla Valley and Serenwilde Faelings(shop area) 20-40
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Thanks guys, those are all edited in now :)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Morkarion said:

Also in the 90+ region, the guards in the Waste Facility (as well as one of the zombie types apparently for Liches/Crowcloak sorts) can be done.
    *cough*

Zombies need testing, but the guards are certainly doable.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

There's only one type of zombies that can be influenced. @Celina knows which, I think. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I'd like to add a little something to this guide if I may? Been doing this for a long while afterall~. 

A newbie does alot of different things and one of those is scholar/pilgrims/bards. If they influence these before turning them in they could get double gold on begging/turn in.

They can be done at a relatively low level and will help double that boost. So many newbies rely on these 3 denizens
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    As well, I'd like to add you should carry Kephera over to 100. The speed at which these can be done if someone isn't hogging them can directly level you from 80 to 100 and continue to give you your essence as a Demi. 
    I think a lot of the 80+ locations carry all the way to demi (if nothing else because at that point you're influencing in much more volume and at greater speed). That said the UV does especially, so I've carried them over - as well as adding in the scholar/bard tip.

Thanks!
    You can influence the krokanis/aslarans in the Moors before you kill them, too. This is true for most other denizens.

#bringShikariback 

The moors are already in the list :)
  • @xeria mutts? Who should I influence for level 70 if I am trying to gather lots of esteem and mediocre. Experience
  • I cycled around guards -> Tosha Monastery -> Caoimhe Dell -> Wydyr Glade -> Forsaken (the ones that aren't aggressive) -> All of the kephera hives. Pretty cool stuff. I can get a character to level 80 in less than a week with that cycle.

With enough Charisma and abilities in Influence, you can start guards at around level 15 (start it at around level 20 if you're not confident yet). You'll get boatloads of experience for that. Include Tosha Monastery here if you've run out of guards to influence (unlikely, but who knows!). Then start adding the rest, following the guide here.

Experience from influence slows down severely around level 60, but slowly and steadily you will get to level 80. Level 100, even, if you're patient.

If it's broken, break it some more.
  • I cycled around guards -> Tosha Monastery -> Caoimhe Dell -> Wydyr Glade -> Forsaken (the ones that aren't aggressive) -> All of the kephera hives. Pretty cool stuff. I can get a character to level 80 in less than a week with that cycle.

With enough Charisma and abilities in Influence, you can start guards at around level 15 (start it at around level 20 if you're not confident yet). You'll get boatloads of experience for that. Include Tosha Monastery here if you've run out of guards to influence (unlikely, but who knows!). Then start adding the rest, following the guide here.

Experience from influence slows down severely around level 60, but slowly and steadily you will get to level 80. Level 100, even, if you're patient.

So at level 70 who should i be influencing?

• @Xeria fails.

This is for influencing, not hunting.
  • Influence the anguished zombies in the waste facility, because they're cute (and good xp). But shhhhhh or they'll mess you up.
  • How far should one invest as a cloud trill in influence to be decently effective at influencing higher level mobs?
    edited April 2014
    The simple (and somewhat unhelpful) answer is 'the more, the better'.

What you want to look at is the main sort of influence type you're using in the areas you're influencing (or indeed aiming to influence) - then have a look at how far you need to be in the skill to have as many of the 3 influencing abilities for that type as possible.

For example, if you want to influence Lirangsha (a very high level area), which is weak to Begging, you would need to be at 0% Virtuoso to have Wheedling, which would give you all three influence abilities for that type. However, if you wanted to influence something weak to Seduction, you'd need to be up to 0% Mythical to have all three!

Most people try and aim for Praise, which is at 50% Fabled - this gives you all three influence types for all types bar Seduction, which it's quite rare for an area to be weak to. As an interim and much more achievable milestone early on, 0% Master gives you Admiration, which means you have two influence types for all bar Seduction.

Bear in mind that whilst you can influence an area with an influence type that it's not weak to, it will be nowhere near as fast. 
  • If you can trans it, trans it. Charismaticaura gives a significant boost to influencing speed.

• Lerad said:
    If you can trans it, trans it. Charismaticaura gives a significant boost to influencing speed.
    This. Remember the new cheap lesson packages as well; they're enough to trans a skill with a little left over, even if you're starting from nothing. Putting them into Influence, if you're planning to influence a lot, isn't the worst decision you can make. Gaining levels earns you credits which you can put into other skills, after all.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    You should also consider investing in dramatics, too. The bonus to influencing from having performances active is a nice one, and a lot of the performances you'll need aren't too high up in the skill either :)
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    And sweet sweet gold from selling the esteem you get from influencing, and then buying credits off of the market with it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    EAT ALL THE IKONS
  • Enyalida said:
    EAT ALL THE IKONS
    Except for the ones in your gestalt!
  • Belibi said:
    Enyalida said:
    EAT ALL THE IKONS
    Except for the ones in your gestalt!
    gestalt does basically nothing for your influencing. only if you are slow enough that they are actually hitting you, which they shouldn't be if you are doing it right 

(at least, thats how I read the ABs and how it was explained to me)
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • It lowers the ego you use when you do an influencing attack too, iirc.

• Ileein said:
    Lerad said:
    If you can trans it, trans it. Charismaticaura gives a significant boost to influencing speed.
    This. Remember the new cheap lesson packages as well; they're enough to trans a skill with a little left over, even if you're starting from nothing. Putting them into Influence, if you're planning to influence a lot, isn't the worst decision you can make. Gaining levels earns you credits which you can put into other skills, after all.
    Wouldn't it just be more effective to trans one of your main skills and bash?  How much do you slow down when hitting levels 85+?  I do want to influence, but it seems like you're slowing yourself down by transing a skill in order to trans your other skills (which at least would be my goal most likely).