Combat questions

I have a bunch of combat-related questions:

1. What exactly does calcise and dedroxin afflict with? Both Xiel's site and the wiki says withered leg/arm, but there are no such afflictions.

2. Is there any other way of getting rid of Phantasms Wounds (and Stars as well I suppose) other than DISPEL ILLUSION <me>?

3a. When you have burst vessels and you sip healing/eat sparkleberry, does it only cure vitals, or it cure vitals + cure one vessel?
3b. Also, if Nature Crown is claimed, does the Major Blessing herb cure vessels too?

4. What can you do if you are off psionic balance other than weaving illusions?

5. What mental afflictions does Phantasms Phantom give?

6. Does locking LegLock mean that you will continually afflict leglock based on the superstratus channel timer or it reafflicts when cured by target?

Best Answers

Answers

• A nice way to learn about what you can do and how it works is to CONFIG MASOCHISM ON and then start hitting yourself with things. For afflictions, you can also use CONFIG AFFMESSAGES ON to see what you're afflicted with.
  • Thanks!

And ah, I didn't know they added a config option for masochism, that's handy.
  • edited May 2013
    I should have mentioned this before. You shouldn't be using the Nature Crown herb as sparkleberry in combat, because eating any non-sparkle herb uses or extends your herb balance (eating a herb while off herb balance resets the timer). Sparkleberry is unique in that it does not.
  • Regarding masochism, don't try testing damage on yourself. The formulas get all wonky and the numbers come out wrong for some reason.

You can check that something does damage but you need a buddy or an afk novice if you want to know anything exact.

• So, now that there's affmessages, are illusions still effective? Do I still choose illusions that disrupt balances or go for masked affliction lines instead (e.g. telepathy/doublewhammy)?