Ascension Discs!

13»

Comments

• Just for people's reference, first 25 spins got me life and death and 240ish bound credits after trade in. So a win considering its the same price as 100 normal credits.

My second batch got me chaos, life, harmony and beauty and 75 bound credits.  With the seals not having a value.

If you care about goop or credits I would guess this promo isn't for you as it's maybe as bit too random. You could buy 100 credits and sell them for 4500 goop atm instead. 

If you like the look of the are seals though then go ahead. Or if your a big gambler. Hope my little consumer review is helpful to any one considering a purchase.
  • edited February 2017
    Chaos is basically drawing on the the fortress meta, and revisiting mechanics that were already addressed because how overwhelmingly influential they were in team fights (static, reality).

Change chaos to be a copy of phantasms reality or flamers maelstrom. Random mental aff to every personal enemy in the room every 8-10 seconds. BOOM. Useful still but not going to entrench the fortress team.

The other are nice to no big deal. Exist in some form or fashion elsewhere, not a major change to the meta. Like the life and death ones would be great for org super bashes on astral. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited February 2017
    I also found out that chaos is gated by summoning resistance. @Vatul and I were testing my discs, and along with that revelation, the discs do not fire at each given opportunity, but at random.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited February 2017
    I wasn't testing in a vacuum, but the chaos disc appeared to fire every single time last night.
    (Rooting does work though)
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited February 2017
    Chaos hits on entry 100% of the time but does get resisted by normal movement resistance. His on all forms of entry as well.

Could make it give totally random afflictions to enemies on a regular 10s basis that'd still be nice to have but not the craziness it is now. 
  • From Changelog 645:

Ascension Disc Changes
    o War damage increased notably.
    o Justice proc chance increased.
    o Chaos has been changed to give a hidden mental affliction.
      o New line: As you enter, you see a Disc of Chaos out of the corner of your eye, and you feel your thoughts twist into disarray and confusion.
    o Discs should now check beyond the first one in the room for enemy/ally status. They still DO NOT stack.
    o Fixed several bugs with discs.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Stupid question about the "do not stack" part. Let's say I'm in an astral bashing group, and I drop 2-3 Death discs at the node. Once the first runs out, will the next one start up, or should I wait until the first one runs out before starting another?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Also, would it be possible to get something like an ITEMLIST DISC or DISC LIST?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Stupid question about the "do not stack" part. Let's say I'm in an astral bashing group, and I drop 2-3 Death discs at the node. Once the first runs out, will the next one start up, or should I wait until the first one runs out before starting another?
    The next one should start up.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Any chance we could use the discs as coins for extra wheel spins, or something? I don't really see myself using them, but they don't have any other value at the moment.
    Elryn said:
    Any chance we could use the discs as coins for extra wheel spins, or something? I don't really see myself using them, but they don't have any other value at the moment.
    IMO if this happens, they should be counted as Iron Coins, not the normal Czigany coins. If we don't do this, I'd still appreciate being able trade them in or trade them to people. 
  • >---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #646 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Estarra the Eternal                 Date: 2017-02-02 18:52:03

o Ascension Disks now have an artifact value of 100 credits.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<
  • edited February 2017
    Falmiis said:
    >---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #646 ]--------------------------<

Thats a big buff to the offer factoring in the discs trade in value now I won 399.13 credits on the first 25 batch and 337.13 on the second one.

EDIT: Im assuming my goop is valued at 1 to 30 for the trade in to credits cause I dont want any goop artis, if you want goop then your value may be higher than what Im considering.

• Falmiis said:
    >---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #646 ]--------------------------<

I am now considering a second purchase, whereas before I was content with one. Mission Accomplished!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I think I have the worst luck because of my 25 coin spins, I got zero discs, one racial pin, one (yes singular) curio piece, 1 crit blessing, 1 TF, and ALL THE REST GOOP. I only bought the coins for the chance of a disc. Grrrr. 

• Lavinya said:
    I think I have the worst luck because of my 25 coin spins, I got zero discs, one racial pin, one (yes singular) curio piece, 1 crit blessing, 1 TF, and ALL THE REST GOOP. I only bought the coins for the chance of a disc. Grrrr. 
    If you buy another pack your gaurented to get at least one :/
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Any plans to make these tradeable yet
  • Woo trading in the one I got last night. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with War.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I mean literally tradeable to other players
  • Ianir said:
    Versalean said:
    To be clear:

If I hit the 50-credit Wheel blessing, I'll instead get an Ascension Disc, and
    If I hit the 500-credit Wheel blessing, I'll instead get an Ascension Disc?
    The 500-credit Wheel blessing has not been changed for this. You should still get 500 credits if you hit it.

50 spins does not seem to get a disc or a firework anymore?