Envoy Reports

Comments

• Fyler said:
    Danquik said:
    Fear Aura is also completely ignored by commune totem users, people with the curio/mask/whatever item it is, and people who keep off balance, meaning the majority of combatants who are properly chasing balance.(using stratagems or however they chase balance)

As much as Fear Aura annoys me when it does hit me, the comparison of Fear Aura to Static is not accurate at all.

Ehhhhhh I wouldn't go that far. It's definitely not static, but it's dismissable as just an annoyance. 

I... I don't know if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me...

• Both. It's not static, but it's also not entirely ignored by communes/combatants. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Fearaura is great for splitting the fortress room. It's better on the offense than on the defense, but having it as a fortress holder does help to cement your advantage (assuming a lack of a similar answer from the other side).

Wolf isn't a complete immunity either, and even rubeus wears off, so fearaura is still useful. It's mitigated, but never entirely ignored, because it is aoe.

• You can tell the difference with and without fear aura. Even chasing balance it throws people out of the room every now and then. Akin to how force commands are still very useful even against people trying to remain off balance. Pushing people into traps and such, splits up the followers etc. Its not as good as static certainly but its useful for shifting people around. I mean mitrans have a weaker form of fear and they throw hunters out who are just spaming stratagems on just a single target name.

The nature of static and fear aura mean they work better as a defensive measure. Not in themselves but the way they interact with other abilities such as melds and traps.

Hitting a knock out effect when you hold the traps and melds is alright, in some cases it wont hider you at all, in others it will depending on the meld effects and such. Hitting a knock out like fear aura when assaulting a meld/trap room is more deadly due to you getting thrown into pits and delayed from returning via various meld effects.

Fear aura is a fairly strong and noticeable effect when your assaulting a defended position with part of its strength being it can throw groups deeper into a pitted up meld. 

Its pretty good for a passive put up and forget ability.
  •    o Decreased Dracnari and Viscanti breath damage to players.

Is there any plans to nerf the lucidian power regen?

• There is a report up on it, yes.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    It also really has one viable solution in scaling back the regen so that at trans discipline it'd be 7 sec ticks instead of the current six.

Removing it entirely without a replacement on the argument that their upgraded reserves per IG hour in daylight is sufficient is bonkers.

Like the power discharge option, could have some fun with that concept in different forms.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    It also really has one viable solution in scaling back the regen so that at trans discipline it'd be 7 sec ticks instead of the current six.

Removing it entirely without a replacement on the argument that their upgraded reserves per IG hour in daylight is sufficient is bonkers.

Like the power discharge option, could have some fun with that concept in different forms.
    We largely don't have many good ideas, so any suggestions are welcome.
  • Just throwing out random ideas. 

Crystal people of logic and intellect. 

Make it akin to the Mugwump Demigod+ power but throw in ego reduction. Make it a resistance to mana and ego drains. Adjust the numbers. Maybe 15%  and 15%?

Go the faeling/elfen route. Give x/10 bonus to both all damage types and damage resistance/regen while under the sun.

I kinda like the concept of Lerads one but I'm thinking recovery of power is too good in itself. Everything's balanced around the same power regen it seems so throwing out extra power recovery messes that up.

Even reducing the power regen from 8 to 7 still makes the lucidians too good.

Or if you want an active.
    Shiny Radiance. Upon casting this the first enemy entering the room will be hit with a transfix. It'll have an internal cool down. I'm thinking it working a bit like the aslaran pursuit but in reverse.

edited February 2017
    Going off your discharge idea, it could be a reactive AoE to all enemies either after taking so much damage, or a % chance to do x% of a single hit to all enemies as electrical.

Assuming that people aren't keen on a team of lucidians keeping each other topped up on power.

Edit: Infact you could rewrite them entirely at tier 4 and 5 around that concept. Have supercharged be "Whenever you take damage, there's a (using numbers here as example, not for balance) 10% chance you'll deal 30% of that damage to all enemy targets in the room as electrical" and overcharged as "Supercharged chance increased to 20%, in addition, any strike against you that deals more than 3,500 damage unleashes an (additional?) guaranteed strike"

Might make people think twice about using bombs and unleashes.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• A racial shouldn't punish people for using a proper offense.  Would oppose that solution.

Any faster regen will still leave Lucidians a far and away better choice than basically every other race. 

We do not need to give them something "better". If they had 2% power regen per game hour at demi+, no regen at demi, and higher reserves. They'd still be useful and a source of infinite power.  The idea we have to give something of equal strength is incorrect, and needs to be looked at in terms of all the races, not just lucidian. 

Compare Lucidian changes to merian, aslaran, furrikin, etc. Furrikin are likely one of the best in that they get slip and roll, that makes them nice for non acro. You are looking at the best race and trying to compensate for that.

Assume we are open to changing the race ENTIRELY, not just the Demi+ level. We are aiming for overall balance, not alternation of the same races balance.

(People should feel open to posting envoy ideas in this thread in general. I have been passing off some from Simple Ideas <.< )
    Stacking bombs and unleashes lacks any real counterplay, they're almost fire and forget these days.

2% of your reserves per IG daytime hour is not a 1000 credit investment. Let's be completely blunt here, the point of the report should be to balance Lucidian, not kill them entirely.

• Eh, I disagree. I think all the racial demi+ should have a real impact on combat - the effect shouldn't be so generic and useful to everyone and all circumstances that it's the default choice for every combatant, yes. Most of the demi+ powers do that, in the sense that they are limited to very specific combinations, or situations, to be useful. We don't have to go to great lengths to reach this kind of impact - it's not a difficult thing to balance in the sense that it's a minor advantage.

As a racial skill, perhaps we want to think a little more about the theme of it - my suggestion about giving power to everyone was to keep the theme of lucidians being power efficient, or a solar panel battery of some sort, converted into a combat application. But if giving power to people (or even the caster) is not a good idea, there can be other ways to keep that theme and still make it combat relevant. A simple, small heal and/or small aoe damage will serve that purpose well. Maybe have it only work outdoors. Tada, you've added situational circumstances that make it only useful in some cases, and not all.

• Lerad said:
    Eh, I disagree. I think all the racial demi+ should have a real impact on combat - the effect shouldn't be so generic and useful to everyone and all circumstances that it's the default choice for every combatant, yes. Most of the demi+ powers do that, in the sense that they are limited to very specific combinations, or situations, to be useful. We don't have to go to great lengths to reach this kind of impact - it's not a difficult thing to balance in the sense that it's a minor advantage.

As a racial skill, perhaps we want to think a little more about the theme of it - my suggestion about giving power to everyone was to keep the theme of lucidians being power efficient, or a solar panel battery of some sort, converted into a combat application. But if giving power to people (or even the caster) is not a good idea, there can be other ways to keep that theme and still make it combat relevant. A simple, small heal and/or small aoe damage will serve that purpose well. Maybe have it only work outdoors. Tada, you've added situational circumstances that make it only useful in some cases, and not all.
      o  Demigod: Trait: Natural born leader. Merians who lead their own squads give
         all members a 1/8 resistance to all damage types. The Merian must be in the
         same room as their squad members for this to take effect.
      o  Demigod+: Improved Trait: Natural born leader also grants a 1/8 bonus to
         all damage types.

Thats a pretty weak combat effect but it is an effect. I think the point mal is saying is that all these powers are kinda very niche and not really that big a deal to have. 

Viscanti burp with a passive dust asthma affliction and lucidian power regen is super powerful. So why not remove the power regen totally and give lucidians something small like +1 damage or +1 resistance?
  • An anti-fear effect could be added to instas if that's the concern. 

Your zealotry steels you against so and so's attempt to scare you off.
  • Shedrin said:
    Karlach said:

We largely don't have many good ideas, so any suggestions are welcome.
    What about it just not working or not working as well while in combat? That way it remains a nice (dont' have to gather power as much) ability?
  • Yes, Merian demi+ is a very small effect, but it still does affect combat. Just changing it to reserves regeneration doesn't really affect combat.

We can definitely give them something small, like a resistance buff along the same lines of Merian, if needed. Something thematic would be nice, but either way, something that has a situational impact on combat is probably the way we want to go.

• +2 damage and resistance under the sun?
  • edited February 2017
    An idea:

After using power, gain x amount of tics, once per second of 200 h/m/e restoration.
    x = amount of power used.
    Would change the fixed amount to a % of max vitals, which is how everything else seems to go, damage and recovery wise.

200 is a drop in the ocean for some people and favours those with lower max vitals.

On an unrelated note, I don't understand the admin decisions regarding succumb.

Making it the MDs afflictions only means you can balance it around their singular offence so it doesn't suck for solo/skirmish.

Changing the values while making it FFA just means you need more affliction spam to break it in large groups while ruining it for small fights.

• We got told that they're not interested in tracking afflictions by source at this point in time. My guess is that it is a technical issue.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Hahahhahahahahahahahajajajaa bixes.

I approve.
  • edited February 2017
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2699
    Date: 2/8/2017 at 6:17
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Envoy Reports (Pt. 2) - Nov 2016

o Druidry Spiders for Blacktalon will now have a selectable poison.
    REPORT 1550

o New tradeskill in Artisan - Easels. Holds canvases while painting,
    required for... REPORT 1490

o New skill in Arts - Masterpiece. Allows for painting of custom
    paintings. REPORT 1490

o New skill in Moon - Bluemoon. Afflicts with 1 of the following:
    Paranoia, Hallucinations, Stupidity, Confusion, Anorexia, Addiction, and
    Epilepsy. Afflicts with 2 around the full moon. REPORT 1549

o New skill in Wildewood and Wyrdenwood - Barkguard. This offers 12-20%
    armour based on your skill level. REPORT 1041

o Nature - Communing changed to give 5/10 health vitals buff rather than
    5/10 mana if you are a Wildewood or Wyrdenwood. REPORT 1041

o Ironbark now lets you decide between 4% armour or a 2/8 offensive
    blunt buff. REPORT 1041

o EvergreenBark now lets you choose between 3 sets of resistances.
    REPORT 1041

o Bugfix for Acrobatics - Hyperactive: Should only last 30 seconds.
    REPORT 946

Penned by My hand on the 1st of Vestian, in the year 466 CE.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Karlach said:
    On an unrelated note, I don't understand the admin decisions regarding succumb.

Making it the MDs afflictions only means you can balance it around their singular offence so it doesn't suck for solo/skirmish.

Changing the values while making it FFA just means you need more affliction spam to break it in large groups while ruining it for small fights.
    Yes, it's a bit sad that this is not possible, as Falmiis pointed out, as it'll make balancing succumb  hairy, trying to cross the gap between being able to do something solo/small groups while not being completely ridiculous in groups... well, I had already resolved that we might end up having to do more adjustments, but still.

Even though I was only marginally involved ( wasn't envoy at that time ) when the skill was created, I still regret that we went that route. What sounded good in theory, is proving to be a balancing nightmare. Well... we'll see how we progress through this, but my hopes were very much on Solution 1 on this, originally.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I mean if you don't like succumb its not too late to rework it totally. Just throwing that out there. Don't think your stuck with it if you dont like it.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    You're right it's not and I indeed have considered that. I have been considering scrapping and starting anew, but as of right now, I feel that any other solution that may take the place of current succumb, can only work if the kit itself can actually support it -without- the complete reliance of the hexen tertiary, and that's where I'm currently stuck at the drawing board. I have some very basic idea of how something like that could look like, but am not comfortable with it yet and I have very mixed feelings on it still. We'll see :)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Sweet googly moogly! Yay specialized demesne effect! Though it seems we can pick any poison now.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • Yarith said:
    Epilepsy. Afflicts with 2 around the new moon. REPORT 1549
    Shouldn't that be full moon?
  • Shedrin said:
    Yarith said:
    Epilepsy. Afflicts with 2 around the new moon. REPORT 1549
    Shouldn't that be full moon?
    I don't know what you mean. Announce 2699 clearly says full moon; it must have gotten jumbled when Yarith posted it here. I totally didn't typo it at all.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.