The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• (I think the flip thing was a reference to the last game, in which there were no flips.)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    NIGHT ACTIONS ARE OFFICIALLY IN! PLEASE STANDBY FOR RESPONSE. THE DAYPHASE WILL START MOMENTARILY.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    NIGHT FIVE HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED

Riddle me this, riddle me that:

No one died tonight!

How about that?

---

A  soothing masculine voice resounds throughout the premises:

"Hello Nightvale, It's Cecil. I still really don't have anything to tell you now that you've all met Carlos but I'm glad he's back. And I'm glad you've all met him. Well... yeah, that's it."

---

IT IS NOW DAY SIX

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I gave Shaddus a pokémon last night. Picking for him was a little tough since I had two choices that seemed tempting to pair with the Crown of the Exalted, but ultimately settled on the more regal of the two.

Point of speculation - if there is an arsonist, it might be that they are not independent but a part of the mafia. We might consider this depending on how everyone's night reportings read out and we can't tell if anyone was blocked meaningfully.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You have earned Our favor this day, Vivet. Know that You walk with the thanks of the Crown of the Exalted. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Protected Lehk again.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    In Our magnificent glory, we blocked Fyler yet again. We believe it is likely a good idea to vote for him this day. 

VOTE:FYLER
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus, That might not be true. Not that you didn't block Fyler, I think you did. But I don't think Fyler is scum or the killer. They voted for the last two mafia kills. The save could of done from the doctor or the jailer. I'm more suspicious of you not being on any of the Mafia lynched and jumping straight on Fyler without knowing what the doctor or jailor did.
  • I tried investigating Lavinya again and she is in fact Princess Claude, and did read as town to me.
    You can be suspicious of Us all you want, but We have already been verified by...Luce, We think? Whatever, We forget.

Who do you think is the scum or arsonist, then?
    @Lehki, did you have the chance to investigate Us, or am I mistaken?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I've been suspecting Fyler for ages but I'm happy to give the benefit of the doubt. Also it was in her best interest to vote for the scum or look like an obvious team mate. Voting them in itself doesn't absolve her.

My night was once more uneventful, I'm sorry you wasted your power on me Lehki but at least now you can stop being distracted by me. (FACT, I am distracting).

• Yeah I investigated Shaddus a few nights back.
    Also I don't seem quite so crazy now, do I? Huh huh? I was right about Breandryn.

• Hmm, yeah. Vote: Fyler
  • I'm more willing to go with it if Shaddus has been investigated and is confirmed town.
  • Would still like to hear from everybody before hopping on the lynch train. Also I need time to think up a totally real and definitely possible theory of what might have happened before voting.
    @Fyler I'm interested in hearing your final words.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I have nothing to report from last night, other than Othero putting up with some of my wacky theorising.
  • God damn you guys ride my ass non stop, and you didn't even buy me dinner. I was even bussed with two scum by a third scum and you're still on about me. 

I got no message about being jailed, so I assume I was not the one that was jailed. 

Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • If we can get a confirmation on who was jailed, I will make a final connection you're missing so far and that I think could wrap this game up. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Ushaara who did you watch last night?
    edited February 2017
    Votecount:
    Fyler: Shaddus, Othero (2)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
    Daraius said:
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    @Lehki Portius.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Okay, something just occurred to me. Someone suggested earlier that Silvanus could have been the arsonist, and I think that might have been right.

Shaddus has implied having an arson immunity. I can kind of see that, different flavours of immunity for different characters.

But why Eventru specifically? Eventru is a forum admin - Oneiroi is an admin as well. The arson flavour was probably forumsy, so that might help wrap that up for us.

But so far we have Ssaliss, Tremula, and Breandryn as having been mafia. Should we expect two mafia left, or one? What would be left? I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a survivor kind of person hanging around. Maybe that's Luce? Did Luce specify being town? 3rd party seems like it'd make sense for a Ratatollux thing.

• So just waiting on @Luce and @Xeii then.

I'm not too sure on Fyler atm. She is the one that pointed out Breandryn's suspicious busdriving targets, and like she said, she was bused with scum twice by Breandryn. Think that would have been an odd choice 

On the other hand I'm really at a loss for who else to put pressure on now that Lavinya investigated as town.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Well, let's look at who we have as options.

If we assume Lehki is town (extremely likely, because someone would've counter claimed investigator if it was a lie, and an investigator-immune role implies that one is present) and always investigates accurately (I'm still not sure of this), then these people are safe:

Lehki
    Shaddus
    Xeii
    Lavinya
    Ushaara-Also confirmed by flip. Technically the reviving could have turned him, but I doubt Sylandra would give a town-aligned an anti-town power and fail to label it as such.

That leaves:

Vivet
    Luce
    Othero
    Fyler
    Portius

I can remove me, since I know that I'm town. You people don't, so you have to at least entertain the option. Leaving us with:

Vivet-Claims Pokemod, confirmed to be able to hand out pokemon
    Luce-Claimed tracker
    Othero-Claimed broadcaster+mason with Ushaara. More or less confirmed.
    Fyler-Claimed Xenthos with bad things happening on lynch.

If Lehki investigates properly, then we know that two of these people are not town. At least one, possibly both, are actively hostile.

I think we can safely remove Othero as scum, by virtue of being confirmed as mason with Ushaara. Might be mixed alignment, but I doubt it. That having been said, there might've been a triggered switch to 3rd party (maybe a survivor?) when Ushaara died, and it might not have reverted with the revive.

I could pretty honestly justify any of the remaining three being third parties based on fluff. Vivet makes sense as a third party since her role was once a mod, Luce as a chaos-causing rodent, Fyler as a person who hasn't (I think?) been in any recent mafia games.

At this stage, I think any third parties are probably better off claiming than not. You'd probably get investigated next night phase, but it'd deprioritize you as a lynch. Assuming Othero is safe and Lehki gets accurate results, I'd much rather test a 3rd party claim with an investigation (and let's be real, one of our blockers blocking just in case) and take a 50:50 at one of the other two.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I didn't jail none of you last night, nope. That slot was for me.

"May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • Yeah, as you called it Portius I'll come out. After Ushaara died I got flipped to survivor/3rd party. I've stuck with town because the info Ushaara gave me that I had to share would get the ball rolling on killing mafia. I stuck with town because of that and it's pretty obvious sticking with town is how I get my win. I'd be ok with being investigated tonight if it helps out. Sylandra confirmed after I flipped that I would reveal as 3rd party if investigated.