Did You Know?

edited February 2017 in World Library
Inspired by our sister game's thread of the same name, we thought it would be fun to create a thread where we add fun tidbits about lore, events, mobs, and general Havens life. Feel free to add some of your own secret exploits! And now, without further adieu:

Did You Know?

• Maylea 1.0 liked leaving little Easter Eggs in all the things she did - not all areas or pockets have them (and some are just small one-liners), but it’s a legacy that some admin have taken up.
  • There are several “joke” rooms in Lusternia: one entitled “Within the burning heart of Brother Sun” or, more infamously for ephemerals, “Within the tangled mass of Auseklis’ gargantuan beard.” They are Havens-Only rooms, but we often joke about throwing players in there.
  • We have several progs that are just for the lulz. For instance, one intrepid admin created a hide-y box a la Metal Gear Solid, and who can forget our favorite, Gnome Chomsky.
  • @Hoaracle developed a Lore System that was inspired by games like Dragon Age: Inquisiton and Skyrim; however, with the onset of Factions, the release time for that particular prog has been pushed back until soon(tm).
  • There are a couple mushroom replicas in Estelbar, Acknor, the Gutter, Shallach, Magnagora’s Collegium, and Serenwilde that were introduced right after @Kalnid published a book about mycology. They serve no purpose (at least, not yet), but the admin who made them thought it was a little cute reference to IG publishing.
  • We actually never planned on releasing Glomdoring as a player nation, but in the early days, people were pretty excited, and well… you all know how it turned out :)
  • Our Quest System says there are at least 128 quests in Lusternia. This isa  lie. We have a shitton of quests, but a lot of them are pre-Quest System. Most of our quests are “pockets:” small, relatively straightforward storylines, but they tend to have a lot of nice and little tidbits about various mythos. One (Worrel Fleece’s igloo) even foretold the eventual appearance of the village of Rikenfriez!
  • A couple of Serenwilde’s mobs (Adasser, Adushoc, and Cataka) can teleport. Like, no joke, they will do everything a player would do via Teleport. The fun thing is that they aren’t stopped by a monolith. ;)
  • We have a pretty dope timeline of the Holy Celestine Empire starting from its inception all the way to the modern era. We wish there will be a day where we can just release it because it is so detailed, like omg.
  • The ancient town Fenghuang is the inspiration for the Mornhai Sanctuary architecture - stilted homes, red clay tiles, blue tile roads, the lanterns. Once the atmosphere of the village was decided on, everything else fell into place.
  • Havens volunteers are definite Pokemon fans, to the point where we have several types of pokeballs with varying capture rates. Gotta catch 'em all, you know?
  • Secret Admin-only emote #1: You crack your ethereal whip, scarring Czixi's flesh and reminding Her that slacking bears a penalty of DEATH!

Comments

• Most of us oldies remember when one of Your pokeballs got out of the Havens and into the hands of a players until @Fain came around and ruined the fun by taking it back/away.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2017
    I've been in the burning heart of Brother Sun before. Don't remember the circumstances though.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Once, astral insanity showed me a bright pink badge of Morgfyre approval. I want it so bad.

• Lavinya really needs that tramp stamp only for Morgfyre.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • I learned about the whipping emote, and used it with a stole. I'm not sure if the secret emote is still useable 
    The playa you love to hate
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I was once told that there are clues lying around that give us Ladantine's personal name, but we don't have enough information to make the connection. (Like, there's someone that uses it, or a document that has it written, but nothing that ties it to the Emperor.) That may be something I'm misremembering though, it's been a while since I heard it.
  • Luce said:
    I was once told that there are clues lying around that give us Ladantine's personal name, but we don't have enough information to make the connection. (Like, there's someone that uses it, or a document that has it written, but nothing that ties it to the Emperor.) That may be something I'm misremembering though, it's been a while since I heard it.
    Hmm! I don't remember whether any of the clues reveal Ladantine's given name, but I know that in preparation for this year's Knowledge quiz, it was discovered that there are scraps of paper that have the names of Ladantine's mother and grandfather! Let's just say, there are some interesting hide-y holes IG!
  • edited February 2017
    900 is far fewer than I would have thought! I mean, I own one for each tradeskill I have, so that's 6 for me, and i had just assumed every crafter was doing the same. It's funny how expectations are different depending on how you use the system.
  • This definitely tells me what I should be designing more of. Tattoos, here I come.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited February 2017
    Camenae said:
    • We actually never planned on releasing Glomdoring as a player nation, but in the early days, people were pretty excited, and well… you all know how it turned out :)
    Hooooly. Thank you for changing Your minds. No one wants to see a Nihilist Rancoura.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Camenae said:
    • We have a pretty dope timeline of the Holy Celestine Empire starting from its inception all the way to the modern era. We wish there will be a day where we can just release it because it is so detailed, like omg.
    As a person that loves worldbuilding (more so than any character story), why isn't this a thing IG/known to players, @Camenae ? The Empire wasn't that long, I would hope that there would be a number of copies of the timeline available to the public.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Ayisdra said:
    Camenae said:
    As a person that loves worldbuilding (more so than any character story), why isn't this a thing IG/known to players, @Camenae ? The Empire wasn't that long, I would hope that there would be a number of copies of the timeline available to the public.

This would be incredibly useful from a library perspective, too.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Camenae said:
    I want to say that the idea is that that is more "DM Manual" sort of information and not "Player's Handbook" stuff? In other words, there is the idea that the history is not yet shared because it is intended to be slowly revealed over events, over areas, over pockets, etc. Ultimately, that is our illustrious Producer's decision, but I think she will agree with that sentiment. But who knows, maybe there will come a day that it will be available!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Delisted designs, are those divine-only designs like divine clothing/armor?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Shaddus
    No, delisted mostly consists of defunct or invalid patterns. Divine-only designs are either made outside of the crafts system entirely or are stored in divine-only cartels. 
  • Drocilla said:
    <stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff> divine-only cartels
    :open_mouth:

Ya'll should auction, as ONE OFF prizes, one membership to each of these Cartels. Credit sales would make bitcoin look like IOUs.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I wish I could have made it, especially with all of the work behind the event!

(Also, thank you for airing @Karlach's guilty pleasure >:) )

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Yeah, I was really sad I didn't have the time/energy to participate.