Emote Ideas

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Luce said:
    Airsit (Aeromancers only, 'soft prone' like kneel)

1u: You call to the air around you and form it into a comfortable seat for yourself.
    3u: Maligorn takes a step back and seats himself comfortably on nothing.

1t: You call upon the air around you, hardening it into a comfortable seat while you pull Pejat into your lap.
    2t: Maligorn seats himself on nothing as he pulls you into his lap.
    3t: Maligorn seats himself on nothing and pulls Pejat into his lap.

up: Maligorn is sitting here in midair.
    tp: Maligorn is sitting in midair here with Pejat in his lap.
    Hit up the Aero GM to request it from the patron, yo.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • How about...

faespeak (Elfen)
    • You speak softly and reverently to the fae spirits beyond mortal comprehension, smiling contentedly as you catch fragments of their sing-song answer.
    • Elryn speaks softly and reverently to the empty air beside him, smiling contentedly at some response only he can hear.
    • Elryn speaks softly in a lilting voice while looking just over your shoulder, as if talking intently to a figment who exists only in his mind.
    • You speak softly in a lilting voice, imploring the hidden fae spirits to guide Elryn in the service of the natural world.
  • Yes, perfect.

• Elryn said:
    How about...

faespeak (Elfen)
    • You speak softly and reverently to the fae spirits beyond mortal comprehension, smiling contentedly as you catch fragments of their sing-song answer.
    • Elryn speaks softly and reverently to the empty air beside him, smiling contentedly at some response only he can hear.
    • Elryn speaks softly in a lilting voice while looking just over your shoulder, as if talking intently to a figment who exists only in his mind.
    • You speak softly in a lilting voice, imploring the hidden fae spirits to guide Elryn in the service of the natural world.
    Does this mean faeling will get it too?
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Sylandra said:
    Luce said:

1u: You call to the air around you and form it into a comfortable seat for yourself.

1t: You call upon the air around you, hardening it into a comfortable seat while you pull Pejat into your lap.

Hit up the Aero GM to request it from the patron, yo.
    I think she may have already seen it. ;)

AEROMANCERS NEWS #225
    Date: 12/19/2012 at 3:56
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Guild Emote Contest Decision

Tidings to the Centre of Aeromantic Engineering.

It is my pleasure to announce the winners of the guild emote contest. The Lord Architect in His eternal benevolence has passed impartial judgment over the submissions and given His answer. In addition, He has also made available our first guild emotion, Fairwinds. 

First place and creator of the first guild emotion for the Aeromancers:
    "Fairwinds" by Irillia Shevat.

Second place:
    "Airsit" by Irillia Shevat.

Third place:
    "Sparkgaze" by Synbios Gordian.

Congratulations to Dean Irillia and Aeromage Synbios for their winning entries. Prizes will be distributed via mail. The winning entries have been detailed at the bottom of this post for your perusal. 

In service,
    Provost Zyphora Windwhisper

------------

FAIRWINDS
    o With a sweep of your hand, you call upon the four winds and cause temperate, fair zephyrs from the north, south, east, and west to flow through the vicinity. 
    o PersonA sweeps her hand through the air, causing temperate, fair winds to sweep in from the north, south, east, and west and to flow airily through the vicinity. 
    o With a sweep of your hand, you call upon the four winds to surround PersonB in temperate, airy zephyrs and intone benignly, "Fair winds and clear skies go with you." 
    o Temperate, airy zephyrs rush in from the north, south, east, and west to surround you as PersonA sweeps her hand through the air and intones benignly, "Fair winds and clear skies go with you." 
    o PersonA sweeps her hand through the air, causing temperate, airy zephyrs from the north, south, east, and west to surround PersonB in a column of air, and intones, "Fair winds and clear skies go with you." 

AIRSIT
    o You gesture lightly in the air, and a swirling column of wind forms around your feet and lifts you a short distance above the ground, allowing you to seat yourself comfortably in mid-air. 
    o With a gesture, PersonA causes a swirling column of wind to form around her feet and lift her a short distance above the ground, where she seats herself comfortably in mid-air. 
    o You gesture lightly in the air, and a swirling column of wind forms around your feet and lifts you a short distance above the ground. Turning to face PersonB, you seat yourself comfortably in mid-air. 
    o With a gesture, PersonA causes a swirling column of wind to form around her feet and lift her a short distance above the ground. Turning to face you, she seats herself comfortably in mid-air. 
    o With a gesture, PersonA causes a swirling column of wind to form around her feet and lift her a short distance above the ground. Turning to face PersonB, she seats herself comfortably in mid-air. 

SPARKGAZE
    o You allow sparks of lightning to course through your body as you glance around you with a calculating gaze. 
    o The faint scent of ozone fills the air as lightning surrounds PersonA, as he gazes calculatingly about him. 
    o You fix PersonB with a calculating gaze, as sparks of lightning bleed out of your eyes. 
    o PersonA fixes you with a calculating gaze, as sparks of lightning bleed out of his eyes. 
    o PersonA fixes PersonB with a calculating gaze, as sparks of lightning bleed out of his eyes. 

Penned by my hand on the 1st of Tzarin, in the year 342 CE.

• Tangential, but are emotes as a concept IC? I like the idea of a contest but it feels like that would be OOC?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wait, seriously? I've been manually typing that out for weeks
  • There are some things you can't avoid, or otherwise they would never be able to be done and a few Guild additions categories fall into this.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited February 2017
    re: @Elryn's -woods emotes, I feel as if loomshade is a bit too much like gloomshadow...
    1:  Stretching your branches, you cast a gloomy shadow over your surroundings.
    3:  Stretching $(his$) branches, $(name$) casts a gloomy shadow over $(his$) 
    surroundings.
    1t: Stretching your branches, you cast a gloomy shadow over $(lname$).
    2t: Stretching $(his$) branches, $(name$) casts a gloomy shadow over you.
    3t: Stretching $(his$) branches, $(name$) casts a gloomy shadow over $(lname$).
    Pose: $+(name$) stretches here, casting a gloomy shadow with $(his$) branches.
    TPose: $+(name$) stretches here, casting a gloomy shadow over $(lname$) with 
    $(his$) branches.
    Regarding the other two, dapplelight is possible, but I would like it to be accompanied by another Wyrdenwood emote too. Takeroot will have to be two separate emotes (but alike in form) because, at this present time, we cannot have emotes be shared between two races; so, it will most likely turn into something like wilderoot and wyrdroot

We will add faespeak to our list of currently debated emotes (i.e. @Orventa's elfmotes and allure). 

---

Regarding guild emotes (a la the Aeromancers example), we only add those sort of emotes upon request of the guild patron, and after they have vetted the emote a bit with the guild leaders. Given that you guys did an emote contest, I am certain we will eventually see the fruits of that soon! 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Can it not be the same emote name? I know tailwag has different effects for races that have them.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Is tailwag shared? Lobos have wag and aslarans have tailtwitch.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • wag itself only works if you're a race with a tail, too.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited February 2017
    -wag
    You wag your tail happily.
    13:08:12:849  Belrx-

l me
    He is a nimble faeling and...

wag
    You wag your imaginary tail happily.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Luce said:

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Anita said:
    Does this mean faeling will get it too?

Nah, I was thinking along the lines that Elfen drew out the Fae, so they probably have that kind of weirdness that means they see/hear things others don't. Faelings are part-fae already... So they don't really need the same sense. I'd probably suggest they emote something that evokes their internal faerie nature (well, dark/evil faerie now), but they have plenty of emotes already. Regardless, it's possibly too commune-specific. City Elfen may not want to talk to those disruptive and vicious little creatures.
  • Hoaracle said:
    re: @Elryn's -woods emotes, I feel as if loomshade is a bit too much like gloomshadow...
    1:  Stretching your branches, you cast a gloomy shadow over your surroundings.
    3:  Stretching $(his$) branches, $(name$) casts a gloomy shadow over $(his$) 
    surroundings.
    1t: Stretching your branches, you cast a gloomy shadow over $(lname$).
    2t: Stretching $(his$) branches, $(name$) casts a gloomy shadow over you.
    3t: Stretching $(his$) branches, $(name$) casts a gloomy shadow over $(lname$).
    Pose: $+(name$) stretches here, casting a gloomy shadow with $(his$) branches.
    TPose: $+(name$) stretches here, casting a gloomy shadow over $(lname$) with 
    $(his$) branches.
    Regarding the other two, dapplelight is possible, but I would like it to be accompanied by another Wyrdenwood emote too. Takeroot will have to be two separate emotes (but alike in form) because, at this present time, we cannot have emotes be shared between two races; so, it will most likely turn into something like wilderoot and wyrdroot
    Well, those two kind of do replicate the existing ones but with a bit more specifics - dapplelight is just a reskin of canopy, you could argue. (Which I would much rather have as a demigod racial, anyway!)

Hmm, as for other alternatives, how about:

rainpetals (Wildewood)
    1: You sway your blossoming branches and release dozens of fluttering petals and glowing spores that gently rain down about you, filling the air with colour and light.
    3: Elryn sways his blossoming branches and releases dozens of fluttering petals and glowing spores that gently rain down about you, filling the air with colour and light.
    1t: You sway your blossoming branches above Vorjel, showering him in a rain of fluttering petals and glowing spores that obscure his form in a swirling cloud of multi-hued colour and light.
    2t: Elryn sways his blossoming branches above you, showering you in a rain of fluttering petals and glowing spores that obscure your surroundings in a swirling cloud of multi-hued colour and light.
    3t: Elryn sways his blossoming branches above Vorjel, showering him in rain of fluttering petals and glowing spores that obscure them both in a swirling cloud of multi-hued colour and light.
    Pose: Elryn sways his branches here, raining down petals and glowing spores throughout the area.
    TPose: Elryn sways his branches here, surrounding Vorjel and himself in a rain of petals and glowing spores.

shedleaves (Wyrdenwood)
    1: You flex your powerful boughs and shed a handful of razor sharp leaves that fall slowly to the ground below, their drifting path weaving a mesmerising and unpredictable aerial display of death.
    3: Elryn flexes his powerful boughs and sheds a handful of razor sharp leaves that fall slowly to the ground below, their drifting path weaving a mesmerising and unpredictable aerial display of death.
    1t: You flex your powerful boughs towards Vorjel and shed dozens of razor sharp leaves that fall all around him, bladed death drifting on the breeze in a mesmerising display.
    2t: Elryn flexes his powerful boughs towards you and sheds dozens of razor sharp leaves that fall around you, bladed death drifting on the breeze in a mesmerising display.
    3t: Elryn flexes his powerful boughs towards Vorjel and sheds dozens of razor sharp leaves that fall around them both, bladed death drifting on the breeze in a mesmerising display.
    Pose: Elryn flexes his powerful boughs here, shedding razor sharp leaves that drift to the ground.
    TPose: Elryn flexes his powerful boughs here, shedding razor sharp leaves that drift around Vorjel in mesmerising and unpredictable patterns.

• Apparently wag isn't an emote, but a hardcoded feature unique to loboshigaru. 
  • The emotes that upset me hardest are the human ones. They are just so... :|

I mean, don't get me wrong, making humans interesting in any fantasy genre is difficult, because, faced with any fantasy race, the reader's question is "How are they different from humans?". But still. We can do better than this. It's as if the standout thing about humans in Lusty is that they don't stand out. But even if that's the case the emotes could fit it better. It could certainly be that I'm a loren00b and Just Don't Get It. If that's the case, I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one.

Scenery

1u: Feeling uninteresting, you blend into the scenery.
    3u: Versalean blends into the scenery, deeply uninteresting.
  • Hoaracle said:
    Apparently wag isn't an emote, but a hardcoded feature unique to loboshigaru. 
    To clarify for everybody, most emotes aren't hardcoded. We do have a few that are (and generally, they're from very, very early on in the game's history) such as 'doff', 'mm/mmmmmm', 'ah/ahhhh', 'greet', 'swear', 'ok', 'wag', 'ring', ''brandish', 'flex', 'roll', 'toast', and several others which I didn't list.

Luce said:
    Can it not be the same emote name? I know tailwag has different effects for races that have them.
    This can only happen for hardcoded emotes, which is easy enough to do, but still requires it to be brought to myself rather than just simply added. Generally, as much as I love adding simple new things, this goes to the back of my todo list because I have far bigger things to work on at any time (such as factions or bugs). Doesn't mean it's not doable, but we try to avoid it if at all possible because even on the new features front, there's higher priority stuff on the backlog.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Rhi said:
    fml
    You raise your eyes to the heavens, cursing under your breath whichever Divine decided it was Their turn to be meddling in your life today.
    Kistan raises his eyes to the heavens, cursing under his breath whichever Divine decided it was Their turn to be meddling in his life today.

stolen from @Kistan

So much this. Please.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Sort of a stronger version of ERM, then. I like
  • edited February 2017
    More dance emotes!

INVITE: You invite <Soandso> to dance with you. <Person A> holds out their hand and invites <Person B> to dance.

FLAMENCO: You raise your head proudly, gazing about the area. One hand raised above your head, the other curved in front of your body, you pose for a moment, then slowly begin to dance. Your feet tap loudly against the floor, clattering in time, while your fingers snap to the beat as you twirl.

<Person A> raises (his/her) head proudly, gazing about the area. One hand raised above (his/her) head, the other curved in front of (his/her) waist, (he/she) poses for a moment, then slowly begins to dance. (his/her) feet stomp loudly against the floor, clattering in time, while (his/her) fingers snap to the beat as (he/she) twirls.

FLIRTY: Untargeted: You raise your arm, slowly drawing your fingers over your eyes, your hips swaying slightly as you wink flirtatiously.

<Person A> raises (his/her) arm, slowly drawing (his/her) fingers in front of (his/her) eyes, (his/her) hips swaying slightly as (he/she) winks flirtatiously. (Targeted: winks flirtatiously at you/ at <Person B>)

HOPAK:

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Stretching - Identical in all ways to Stretch, save that it doesn't conflict with the new Acrobatics ability.
  • bump!
  • Can the "ah" emote please be targettable? When there's a group of people talking, I'd like to show which one I'm reacting to specifically.

You give Hoaracle a look of comprehension.
    Kerith gives you a look of comprehension.
    Kerith gives Hoaracle a look of comprehension.

Or is this too difficult because it's one of the hardcoded ones?
  • Kerith said:
    Or is this too difficult because it's one of the hardcoded ones?
    In general, an emote is only hardcoded if it does different things for different people or has a failure message (e.g. tailwag, where races with a tail rag it and races without one shake their rear end, or doff in which it doffs the hat you're wearing and gives an error message if you don't have one).
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • edited May 2017
    Never mind. I'm just stupid.
  • Kerith said:
    Hmm, I'm not sure why "ah" is hardcoded then, but in any case, is it possible to make it targettable?
    Ianir was explaining that this one is not hard-coded. :)