Promo Powers!

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Karlach said:

If this was a purely cosmetic race disguise, akin to racial hats, then fair enough.
    Right, that's all I'm looking for. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    As a more concrete suggestion, consider putting older dolls on sale for a while. Take some of the ones that you can't buy (but I think are still available in presents? So not a big loss to exclusivity) and sell them for credits. X credits gets one at random, because IRE seems to like randomness in promotions and because it'll ensure that some people get some that they want to trade. To encourage buying credits instead of just sinking existing ones, also run a  buy X credits, get Y dolls as a bonus promotion with it.

Maybe make a few new ones that are exclusive to this promotion. Maybe even add in some very low chance at getting a token that you can trade in for a custom doll with a few reactions on it. Since it's mostly old things, I'm assuming you could run it alongside a more combat-oriented promotion without too much extra work?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I love dolls. I would love custom dolls. That said, most people seem to get dolls and then just trade them in because they're not /useful/, just amusing.
  • This is less of a promotional thing and more of a pvp artifact idea. I think it would be interesting to give everyone a channeled pull. There have been a lot of complaints about the fortress meta recently (where recently is at least the past 5 years). I haven't entirely thought this through but you could have a 8s channeled action where you unfurl a giant net and prepare to cast it in a direction (which gives a warning message to them in the room). This would pull 1-3 people (preferring 2 if they are available) from the target room into your room. If the channel completes the user is thrown for 4s of balance and the chosen people are pulled into the room and stunned for 1s. For this to work in breaking fortresses it should bypass shields/warrior block although perhaps not walls because that sounds sort of silly thematically.

This would be less valuable than the pulls that already exist (which are instantaneous, targetted, and generally don't give warning) but would serve to discourage any group from sitting in a fortress next to an enemy group for too long.
  • edited February 2017
    So far I support: more ways of getting wonder crystals that don't break the bank, custom dolls

Maybe Divine Pantheon themed dolls? (I didn't know they were already a thing!)I also miss the purely fluff/ambient animated and stationary curios that you could anchor or would follow you that first came out another collection of those?

I'm always a fan of pets:
    Or, org-themed aquarium, terrariums and aviaries that you could assemble and display in your manse: different animals (finches, tarantulas, scorpions, snakes, turtles, jellyfish, pygmy wyverns etc.)  and materials (branches, pebbles/gems, colored sand, tank toys, plants etc.) could gradually be released over time in other promos that you could swap and populate your menagerie with.

A really fancy magical net
    You can CATCH pets with this net to trade them with others, must have an aquarium, terrarium or aviary
    You deftly sweep up your hermit crab and gently tuck it into its crate.

a rustling wooden crate contains:
    a really cute hermit crab
    POKE crate to add this to your terrarium
    TRADE crate to <player> for <bubble> GOLD|CREDITS|DINGBATS|GOOP

a glistening bubble contains:
    a regal lionfish
    POKE bubble to add this to your aquarium

a well-kept cage contains:
    a splendid duck-billed cherry-woofler
    POKE cage to add this to your aviary

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited February 2017
    When I hear pets, I do recall wanting to see a way to have more beasts running around with you, one as your actual beast and the others as pets.

More seriously though, the ability to build all our missing wonder crystal items without a new promo sounds really interesting.

Cute pets probably would also be something I'd personally be drawn to (Like the idea Orventa suggested).

As utility was mentioned by someone, I'd really like things that let you get around faster. I'm someone who's got random ideas what they want to do when they play so, I end up hopping across the basin a lot. Hermit like things, special access to areas, teleport thingies... I think I even suggested something at some point that would allow you to build a map for certain areas so you can pick those spots you really would like access to. Not sure, just random ideas.

I'll chime in and agree that I don't like one-time/limited buffs. A few of them that I got, I only use very very rarely till they run out and won't produce anymore afterwards simply because it doesn't feel worth it. For example, that falcon scarf. I really like the idea of that falcon ( yay cute combat pet ), but I'll not be using it unless very special occasion ( e. g. death challenge ) because of it's one-time ness. Now if I had something that would always allow me to summon that falcon... that'd be a completely different story. (falcon is only an example to explain my stance on one-time buffs, not actually suggesting perma falcon, even though it would be nice)

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Again, this isn't a platform to vent about past promos. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, and sometimes we make mistakes. Anyway, I'm looking for actual ideas that you may like to see.

Disposable items that we've tried in the past have not been successful (and they usually take a lot of work to set up) so I'm not sure we'll go that route again.

I was looking at gnewpie dolls, and they generate comms so not sure we want to go down that road again.

I love utility spells and our go-to usually involves teleport type items
  • Personally, I feel like there are a ton of things I just can't get ahold of. Aethersuits are out of reach for me because we haven't had dingbats in a while. Crystals are the same way. I could be missing something though.

There are so many artifacts out there ...
  • Oh, I didn't complete my thought... I love utility spells and our go-to is teleport but we have so many bix items now that I'm not sure there's really room for any more (i.e., hermit clones, etc.).
  • Mini beasts. Like in Neopets where your neopet had a pet, and then your neopet's pet had a pet.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Haha couldn't you get pets for the petpets called petpetpets?
  • edited February 2017
    ^  The Combat Cocktail is another example of a nice utility arti that people would like to have!

Another angle would possibly be some sort of aethercraft arti that would let you man more than one module at the same time.  Either a type of pet that you can command to do aethercraft things, or some gnomish remote control.  I think it would also help make aethercraft more accessible despite our temporarily low population.

Man it's hard to think of promos!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • I support two suggestions made here.
    Pull items, we need more universally available pulls.
    and
    Wonder crystal promo that doesn't actually have a new item.
  • Thats a super idea versa I'd love instant defs, even if not for combat just to log in :dizzy:

Im not a fan of more pull stuff because well it'll help and support people forting up almost more so than them trying to break the fort anyway
  • Karlach said:
    There are 22 (+2 class specific) races in the game already, how many do we need?

Not to mention that with certain racial traits being impactful in combat, any new race (which would need a full set of traits) would either be underwhelming and no one would want it, or particularly strong (even if in a niche role) and it's a miss it, miss out affair.

If this was a purely cosmetic race disguise, akin to racial hats, then fair enough.
    Purely cosmetic is race hats though, the reason to purchase heritages/subtypes is that you could get a remixed version of existing perks. An Eventru/Amberle race might just be a reskin of Merian with the lower level abilities changed

A dedicated "promo items" pool(s) could be handy. Rather than being once off and maybe moving to permanent availability they could just be rare because you can only get them during promos, so if you miss out they're going to be available when their pool comes up next
  • Ciaran said:

Another angle would possibly be some sort of aethercraft arti that would let you man more than one module at the same time.  Either a type of pet that you can command to do aethercraft things, or some gnomish remote control.  I think it would also help make aethercraft more accessible despite our temporarily low population.

This. I've wanted to do aetherhunts for ever, but between timezone, attention span, and family I can never commit to joining a crew. Honestly, I cannot imagine this not creating a lot of revenue.
  • Less enabling people to afk aetherbash for several hours at a time pls. 
    I'd honestly go the other way and put a cap on the experience gained after 1 hour of being in aetherspace similar to the gold cap.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I don't see how the artifact would change peoples' ability to go afk aetherhunting.  If anything it would mean less people get dragged out of the basin to go along.

Anyway, just an idea! I would only really want it to be able to fight better during aetherflares.  If it was really a problem you could make it so that it counts for several crew members in terms of XP splitting (or something to make it less attractive for aetherhunts), but I don't think it's even a negative if it allows more aetherhunting. It's gutting when you have 4 crew members and just can't find that fifth.
  • Versalean said:
    hate single/limited-use items, and will never pay for them. Not because the items aren't cool, because they're usually so cool that you end up with the Megalixir Effect.

I dislike the single use things because they're a pain in the ass to keep track of what does what. I'll never understand why the game didn't code in a command like ID <item> that would show its syntax and use.
  • Bandeon said:
    Breandryn said:
    They sold special races as a promo in Imperian and it was really popular.
    That's harder to do here without gods splintering. That said, we have a -ton- of inactive Elders, and while it's great to see some come back, maybe splintering some would be cool too? I dunno.

An elder left with several sharded races, finally sensing the beacon they return to the Basin with those races in tow.

Lord Yomoigu's latest toy blows up creating a time vortex in which sucks in a island from the time of the Elders.

Oh, look, shinny new aetherbubble...look people!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yarith said:
    Less enabling people to afk aetherbash for several hours at a time pls. 
    I'd honestly go the other way and put a cap on the experience gained after 1 hour of being in aetherspace similar to the gold cap.
    Slivvens would still be a thing, so. 
  • Slivvens just ensure that at least one person on board has to be awake. The rest can still be afk for the most part.
  • Falmiis said:
    Slivvens just ensure that at least one person on board has to be awake. The rest can still be afk for the most part.

Technically you dont even need one person awake. Auto bash the Slivvens in the room and just ignore the ones on non occupied modules. Doesn't really matter if an unoccupied collector has a bunch on it, just kill it and cure up after the hunt.
  • edited February 2017
    Oh! An artifact into which you drain your energy reserves, maybe once you fill it up to a certain point (1000 energy?) you can offer it to a god, or some other power is unlocked by charging it up... (Maybe allows you to immolate people?)

No specifics, but the general idea is some cool power thing that lets us drain our own reserves.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The ability to drain your reserves into your nexus at a slightly below 1:1 exchange rate if needs be is something people have begged for for years.

Also wtb an offering essence multiplier for corpses.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!