The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I've been town from day 1. One teeensy issue though. Othero, did you say you and Ush spoke last night? 'cause you didn't go nowhere.

That either means you guys don't need to go anywhere to mason, or that I'm naïve and we need to poke Fyler again. Oh, and I don't recommend lynching me because I don't know that I'll flip, but go ahead and investigate because, like I said, I'm town.
  • We did. I would assume we don't have to "go" anywhere to talk to each other. Tracking normally would show you anyone I take an action on but not who I can communicate with at night. If it worked that way then tracking one Mafia member gets you the whole group.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Vote Fyler

Still waiting for the elaborate story to end all stories here. Unless you're desperately concocting something, it shouldn't be all that hard. Unless...unless....are you Elizabeth?? I think you are. Elizabeth. Yeah you.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Votecount:
    Fyler: Shaddus, Othero, Lavinya (3)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    @Othero Agghhh, I knew your win condition changed when I died! I just wasn't sure of whether it was to mafia or survivor.

Didn't reveal suspicions since there's a line in my blurb about needing Cecil to get through this game, so figured that if Cecil died, my own alignment would change from Town.

But if you're claiming survivor, then seemingly there's only one mafia left. A solo Town win would be somewhat delayed, since it would likely require lynching both Othero and myself.

But one of the speculative theories I forced on Othero last night went back to the manner of my death.

I was stabbed with something made of iron. I don't think it fit any of the Oneroi, RuPaul, or Togepi, and imagine that at that stage of the game Ssaliss was using his investigation rather than doing the killing.

So a possible candidate for who stabbing people fits is Xenthos/Fyler, and is one I'm willing to test.

Vote Fyler

Does mean that Fyler must be immune to tracking, but since Xenthos runs around as Tracker in game, and is a forum mafia ninja commenter, there might be something in it.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Lacking better ideas, I want to hear what @Fyler's Super Duper Theory of Everything is, but I'm ready to go for it.
  • Oh, awkward. I assumed our jailer would lead us to the culprit and close the game as you'll shortly find out following my lynch, it wasn't me. Balls on that theory. 

Well, I can't see how I won't die tonight and part of me wants to leave the town to suffer in suspense and surprise. With Togepi dead, that leaves two people not part of town left. One is me, one is...well someone else. Maybe you'll listen though.

I've been lying to you the entire game, though it has been out of necessity. You guys have been really aggressive. I am this game's resident survivor. I do have 1 power, it is to lower the vote required to lynch by 1. I used this on Shaddus, and if Shaddus's flavor message was anything like my flavor message, he can confirm there was a certain Xenthosy tone to the message. Specifically my power is constructive criticism, and Shaddus should be able to confirm that I was giving him advice. It was not Silvanus, it was me!

Xynthing was a bluff. (Lol you fell for it at least). It was a gamble, but since Shaddus hadn't payed too much attention to the message, I was comfortable enough giving it a whirl. 

I was surprised to see that the vote showed up on Shaddus at the start of the next day, thus rendering the power pretty useless. Hard to convince people to lynch someone with an anonymous secret lynch vote printed on their forehead. 

So that is how I make my case. I am not a baddy, but a third party. Which, early on makes me a baddy, but this late in the game makes me less so. My power, which basically brands a person as a lynch target publicly, isn't a particularly valuable for someone trying to eradicate the town as it makes the town immediately suspicious. Based on how I've described the verbiage of my power, Shaddus should be able to confirm it's real.

I'd prefer not to die, cause winning is winning. Though a part of me is totally cool with it because it has been pretty fun having to scramble and bullshit so much to survive what has been a pretty tough town attack with no survival tools but what I can make up, and Lavinya is getting a little smug in the "I told you so," department and I want to post this GIF when you all find out I'm a survivor with a crappy power.

Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Fair warning, if you do lynch me I have a library of judgemental drag queen GIFs and you will suffer through all of them.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Perfect! If we had two survivors, then the game would be over by now. It is not, so we know that either Fyler or Othero is lying. Pretty sure no town would ever claim survivor in this situation, so one of the two is almost certainly mafia.

Now, I think Fyler actually has the more reasonable claim. Shaddus did have that one free vote on him a bunch of phases ago, and I don't think anyone has claimed it. And Fyler has pretty consistently acted survivorish. Great bluff with Xynthin, by the way. Realistic enough that it has to be taken under consideration even if we don't think it's valid, but dangerous enough to call it that we'd want to take an alternative choice. A+

Plus, Othero's claim does seem pretty opportunistic. A switch to an independent hostile (maybe serial killer?) is just as likely as switching to survivor when your mason partner dies, and he only claimed it after I brought it up as a possibility. Maybe latching on to a convenient lie that I'd want to accept?

Ushaara, you said that you knew Othero had switched factions? Was that a "thought it was really likely" knew, or a "Sylandra sent me a message about it" knew?

Really, lynch either one. I don't think it matters which. I feel like we're more likely to get a successful train on Fyler, but I really would rather go for Othero at this point. Either way, just block and investigate the one that we don't kill today.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Okay let's see some drag queens then.

Vote: Fyler
  • Alas, so close yet so far. Evil townies. 
    @Portius First option, thought it to be likely based on my own role sheet, but no new information was provided by Sylandra. Did make me slightly cagey about revealing who I would be watching in the mason chat though.

If Othero turns out to be mafia rather than survivor, I'll slightly regret revealing that I likely have the same "if partner dies, flip to scum" condition, and missing out on a chance to cause some mayhem, but ah well...

But stabby stab -> Xenthos makes sense to me, more so than Cecil killing Carlos.
  • Well I know it's not me, so I shall make my last valiant stand.

Vote: Othero
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What if Ushaara dying made Othero bitter and turn mafia/arsonist?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    If it's not Fyler I will endure the gifs, and we lynch Othero next. Simple. Numbers are on our side. 

• Portius does make a good point though, it really very well could be Othero. And I'd much lynch the right person today than have to do it next phase.

I'm still leaning towards Fyler being a stealthy killer though.

For me, this is a Tamora, Queen of the Goths "don guise of revenge" play again.

Ultimately pointless given the massive town advantage, but it allows her to laugh at the collective Town facepalm for falling for it if she pulls it off.
  • Ushaara said:
    For me, this is a Tamora, Queen of the Goths "don guise of revenge" play again.

Ultimately pointless given the massive town advantage, but it allows her to laugh at the collective Town facepalm for falling for it if she pulls it off.
    Except that was a bluff with no claim, and I've given you a claim Shaddus can verify that doesn't bring any real value to a SK. Is SK with lower lynch requirements even a thing? I'm literally confirmed as not mafia by the mafia's bus driving. 
  • My Tamora 2.0 was Xynthin. But that was less out of spite and more out of survival. You guys have been trying to lynch for days!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I actually buy Othero, been saying he was a possibility since yesterday. I also think it more likely that scum failed to act last night or didn't act to throw suspicion elsewhere than that Xenthos is a literal ninja for some reason.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Plus we can lynch Fyler tomorrow.
  • Actually the more I've thought about it, the more sense Othero makes.

Unvote

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Works for me. Get thee to a nunnery, Othero.

If this one is wrong, just bag Fyler next time.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Votecount:
    Fyler: Shaddus, Othero, Lavinya, Ushaara (4)

Othero: Fyler, Luce, Lehki, Portius (4)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • If I'm an SK then where have the kills been? Lynch Fyler tonight and have me investigated tonight. I have a good gut feeling that Lehki is a naive investigator.
  • Othero said:
    If I'm an SK then where have the kills been? Lynch Fyler tonight and have me investigated tonight. I have a good gut feeling that Lehki is a naive investigator.
    The night @Ushaara was killed by the apparently Xenthos-esque stabbing is THE SAME NIGHT Shaddus got the anonymous vote. 

So that would make me a Ninja Serial Killer that can use a power and kill in the same night. That'd pretty unusual. 

Or it wasn't me that killed Ushaara and, as an SK, I've killed literally no one the entire game. 
  • It also couldn't of been me. Ushaara's death is the trigger for my alignment changing to survivor (or SK if you actually believe that theory). It also would of meant I killed the person who makes my announcement power useful. Also Shaddus blocked me. Great job trying to deflect on me Fyler but that was a really stupid kill to try and pin on me.
  • Heh. I didn't pin anything on you! I spoke only of myself. If you go back and read, you weren't ever mentioned. 

That is one hell of a guilty conscience. 
  • The argument has been you flipped when Ushaara died, we all know that. You aren't being blamed for Ushaara. Which is why I didn't mention you. 
  • It was in reply to me asking what kills I've made if I'm the SK. Quoting me and replying to me is mentioning me.