The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

1202122232426»

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I hope you enjoyed my Alec play too, @Tremula!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Silvanus got some of my favorite flavor text, while we're discussing that.

• You arrange to ambush Lehki before the night ends, announcing: "GREETINGS, LEHKI. IT HAS COME TO THE ATTENTION OF THE ADMINISTRATION THAT YOUR POSTS HAVE NOT BEEN SATISFACTORILY MEETING OUR RULES AND REGULATIONS. YOUR WARNING LEVEL HAS BEEN RAISED. DO NOT ANTAGONIZE US FURTHER."

With that, you set his level appropriately high. You have no doubt you'll have to ban him later. Ugh, players.

Otherwise, your night passes without incident.
    Also, @Ushaara, this should solve the mystery of your death and the iron stabbing (or should I say, iron fist):
    • SylandraSylandra January 28
      In proper Judge Dredd fashion, you know exactly how to dispatch Ushaara.

I mean, not that he heard you, because your helmet was muffling your voice, and not that he saw you, since you actually punched him with your iron fist from behind, but... yeah. That's basically what happened, whether he knows it or not. You know what you did, and that's all that matters, okay?

Ushaara is now dead, and cannot participate in the dayphase or nightphase of the game.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Oh gods, seeing Alec included (especially with the hilarious Gary Stu flavour of the night protection) made me giddy, and brightened my day up at work when I read it earlier. You were a wonderful Alec, you just weren't as opposed to people dying (me in particular!) :c
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Mine:

• Fyler
      Fyler January 13
      Oh rofl you shady bitch 
    • SylandraSylandra January 13
      lmao I cannot wait to see his reaction
    • SylandraSylandra January 17
      Your posts are killing me. Lmfao
    • FylerFyler January 17
      WHEN IN ROME
    • SylandraSylandra January 19
      Also friendly reminder you can mock someone tonight to knock down their vote count requirement.
    • FylerFyler January 19
      Not tonight! 
      Thumbs up.
      No one has angered you enough to withstand your mocking tonight. You arrive at the dayphase without incident.
      No action tonight again?
    • FylerFyler January 28
      Oh uhhh I forgot I had that. I'll mock Shaddus.
      You choose to mock Shaddus this night, sidling up to him from behind in appropriate lurker fashion. Then, before he can notice your presence, you speak: "Listen, what are you even doing during the dayphase? Do you honestly think that doesn't make you look suspicious at all? Look, I don't know whose side you're on, but I have some advice for you..." What continues is a lengthy diatribe about the correct ways to negotiate the dayphase, and a nitpicking of every one of Shaddus's individual qualities, leaving him more defeated than he was when he began.

**Shaddus will now require one less vote to lynch during the following dayphase.**
    • FylerFyler February 1
      NOOOBODY
    • SylandraSylandra February 1
      Lmao ok
    • FylerFyler February 8
      Nothing cause people be watching me and shit.
    • SylandraSylandra February 8
      Cool cool.
    • FylerFyler February 16
      Complete bullshit FTW? Where's the fun in a survivor if you can't just stir shit up. 
    • SylandraSylandra February 16
      A++ BSing. o
    • FylerFyler February 18
      Imma do nothing cause they're on to me. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    By contrast:

• LavinyaLavinya January 14
      OMG I'm dying. This is amazing. You rock. XD
    • SylandraSylandra January 14
      I have to admit this was one of my favorite to write LOL.
    • SylandraSylandra February 14
      Bonjour, cherie! What a boring set of nights you've had! And yet, as you engage in yet another night of uneventful beauty sleep, suddenly to your shock and surprise a strange glowy spaceship breaks through overhead and snatches you into its beam of light, removing you from play for the night! My word! Your princess-y sensibilities are quite offended! Yet strangely nothing seems to occur within the confines of the ship, and you are plopped back safe and sound by morning.

My nights were so incredibly boring they didn't even get mentioned. Snoozeville.

• Thank you so much Sylandra, I -loved- that game.  Although I died early, I'm just stoked to have killed one of the mafia off!
  • Also @Shaddus, so lucky Sylandra was nice enough to fix my mistake, lel.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    • Shaddus January 13
      I didn't get a role 
      You didn't? I thought I sent it! One second. I know exactly who you are.
      You are: Eventru, the Crown of the Exalted, from...Lusternia, Age of Ascension? 

Wait, are you reading this right?

But indeed, you are! For it has come to your attention that there was a Gods and Monsters mafia game on these forums, and you were rudely absent from its list of participants. How dare they?! When you are certainly the wisest, most benign among the gods. Never mind that you are no longer Eventru, but Valtreth! Your legacy ought to live on regardless! This is truly an outrage of staggering proportions, and there's no help for it: You must show them the Light and win this mafia game. Perhaps a bit literally.

You win with the Town. Because only you can save them from their own poor judgment, obviously.

Your abilities are:
      Light of the Exalted: Every night you may blind a player of your choice with your brilliance as you emerge in the Basin of Life. Truly, it is a sight so magnificent (and lengthy) that it will shock and awe any who witness it into inaction! [Roleblocker]

Fireproof: You are an Elder God! You cannot be targeted by an arsonist in the night. [Arson-proof]

Your posting restrictions* demand you do at least ONE of the following per dayphase:
      And One More Thing: You must write at least one massive post in the style of the Exalted Himself. The language can simply be overblown, or you can have lots to say! This is a bit subjective, but you are encouraged to be playful with this.

Royal We: We think this explains itself: refer to yourself in the royal We at least once! Because We believe you've earned the honor.

**If you do not do this, your vote will not count for the dayphase.**
    • ShaddusShaddus January 18
      In my glorious glory and radiant redundancy, I shall blind.....FYLER.
    • SylandraSylandra January 18
      BEHOLD! IN YOUR MOST GLORIOUSLY REDUNDANTLY RADIANT BENEVOLENCE, YOU SHALL SHINE THE LIGHT OF CELESTIA UPON THE ONE CALLED "FYLER," ONCE CALLED "CELINA," THEN "CYNDARIN," THEN "NIRADNIC," AND NOW "FIRE JESUS THAT ONCE WAS," THAT SHE MIGHT COWER BEFORE YOUR MIGHT AND TREMBLE AT YOUR GOLDEN VISAGE THIS NIGHT!

(lol this will be a fun roleblocking textwall to write)
      (ps if you were wondering what your amazing roleblock looks like on the other end)

You emerge before your target in all your golden splendor, successfully blocking any action they might take this night. Satisfied, you return to your quarters and prepare for the dayphase without incident.
    • ShaddusShaddus January 19
      Yesssss
    • ShaddusShaddus January 20
      Question about my power, please. Maybe two.

My no-arsonist power doesn't stop normal nightkills, right?

If I roleblock someone but they wouldn't have taken an action , do they still get my wall-o-text?
    • SylandraSylandra January 20
      To your first question you are arson proof but that's it, can still die at night and still be lynched. To your second question, this game I've taken a leaf from kira's book: if you roleblock someone and they don't take an action, they won't notice. But if they do take an action it's impossible to miss. B-)
    • SylandraSylandra January 23
      I'm pretty sure you're just bluffing in mafia but to make sure: I didn't imply you were roleblocked last night, did I?
    • ShaddusShaddus January 23
      Nope, just bluffing.

Not that you're going to clue me in, but I'm wondering if Celina actually didn't get a roleblock message from me or she's hiding it.
      Whoo, bluff away!
    • ShaddusShaddus January 23
      Besides, we all know Eventru was full of it D
      lmaooo

I've really enjoyed your Eventruistic posts so far btw
    • ShaddusShaddus January 27
      mmm, my plan almost backfired. 

I think I shall....BLIND OTHERO
    • SylandraSylandra January 27
      YOU BENEVOLENTLY MOVE TO BESTOW THE RADIANT SPLENDOR OF YOUR MAGNIFICENCE UPON OTHERO THIS NIGHT!
      You move to bestow your radiance upon your target, successfully blocking them from action this night

As you return, however, you are surprised by a voice that seems to appear from nowhere at all: "Listen, what are you even doing during the dayphase? Do you honestly think that doesn't make you look suspicious at all? Look, I don't know whose side you're on, but I have some advice for you..." What continues is a lengthy diatribe about all the correct ways to negotiate the dayphase, and a nitpicking of every one of your individual qualities, leaving you more defeated than you were when you began.
    • ShaddusShaddus January 28
      I....what did that actually do?
      idk bro but you got one vote staring you in the face
    • ShaddusShaddus January 28
      Yeah, saw that after I posted. 
      Haha. 3
    • ShaddusShaddus February 1
      Oh my 

Fyler still seems scummy to me, but I shall.....

BLIND LAVINYA WITH MY MOST BEAUTOUS RADIANCE, THAT HER EYES SHALL BURN AND SHE SHALL NOT SPREAD GET WICKED WICKEDNESS TO OTHERS THIS NIGHT.

Thus sayeth the Lord Exalted.
    • SylandraSylandra February 1
      THY WORDS SHALL BE HEEDED THIS NIGHT, LORD EXALTED.
    • SylandraSylandra February 2
      You move to bestow your radiance upon your target, successfully blocking them from action this night
    • ShaddusShaddus February 2
      Hey, wondermod. Odd question, but I'm needy. 

Does the message you give me about I've blocked someone change if I actually blocked them, or am I getting a basic response no matter what happens?
      No problem!

That means essentially nothing happened to block you from blocking. The target wasn't jailed, and you weren't jailed, etc.

Whether or not you blocked an action however is unknown!
    • SylandraSylandra February 4
      Your Eventru impression KILLS me. XD
    • ShaddusShaddus February 4
      D

We never did get along in-game, but he's always been one of my favorites.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • This was strangely fun to follow, and looks like it would be fun to play, but man, knowing all of the different possible roles and historical characters is pretty crazy!

Looks like these games have a fairly steep learning curve.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Agh, I was thrown by my death message, and completely mason-blinkered to Othero as SK, until he said kill Fyler and investigate him that night, which twigged him for me. I was expecting to flip to mafia though when he died, so was considering how to talk my way out of that.

Barring that, at least I kept most of my conspiracy theories to the mason chat this time! Couldn't get the idea that you had made Lehki (me) some form of Confused/Naive Cop out of my head though, haha.

A lot of bad luck for mafia.

Glow Cloud and underpaid Sylandra text were great, haha.

Cheers for hosting!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Othero said:
    Yeah, as you called it Portius I'll come out. After Ushaara died I got flipped to survivor/3rd party. I've stuck with town because the info Ushaara gave me that I had to share would get the ball rolling on killing mafia. I stuck with town because of that and it's pretty obvious sticking with town is how I get my win. I'd be ok with being investigated tonight if it helps out. Sylandra confirmed after I flipped that I would reveal as 3rd party if investigated. 
    @Othero
    Why did you do this! You sealed your fate as soon as you made this claim. I believed in you. :(
  • edited February 2017
    Hubris.

Edit: I thought I had to shake something up or else Gardevoir would give me away in a night or two. It just seemed like time was against me.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    And just think, this is Meta Mafia MKI. In another 5 mafia games we can have even more chaos. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Tremula said:
    And just think, this is Meta Mafia MKI. In another 5 mafia games we can have even more chaos. 
    You have no idea how many roles I discarded as games went on to try and make room for more games. XD

100% would make a Meta Mafia MKII incorporating future mafia games. Touhou, I'm looking at you.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    • Lehki January 14
      Okay so I have to be Ushaara got it
    • SylandraSylandra January 14
      lmao basically yes
    • LehkiLehki January 18
      So many suspicious people to look at already.  Vivet who's claiming to be Champion Alec? Celina because she's ALWAYS suspiciously aggressive? And then Shaddus, Kendra, and Lavinya all seem to be posting oddly. Instead I'm gonna stick with my first inclination and investigate Ushaara. Bolding for clarity.

Also apparently I'm not thinking ridiculous and improbable enough if people are actually gonna buy into it that easily. I'll have to step up my game next dayphase.
    • SylandraSylandra January 18
      That was an amazing conspiracy imho. Very Ushaarian.

You ready your clipboard and stalk off to assess Ushaara's loyalty tonight.
      Hm, hm, hm! In your scientific opinion, Ushaara is none other than Carlos from the Night Vale GameTo the best of your knowledge, you determine him to be Town.

Otherwise, your night passes without incident.
      (actually there is one incident, ahem, misread the list of actions)

---

After your investigation has closed, you return to your quarters to hear a startlingly loud voice -- seemingly in all caps?! -- echo about you threateningly:

"GREETINGS, LEHKI. IT HAS COME TO THE ATTENTION OF THE ADMINISTRATION THAT YOUR POSTS HAVE NOT BEEN SATISFACTORILY MEETING OUR RULES AND REGULATIONS. YOUR WARNING LEVEL HAS BEEN RAISED. DO NOT ANTAGONIZE US FURTHER."

...Well then. The voice vanishes and you suppose that's that, then? Otherwise, your night passes without incident.
    • LehkiLehki January 27
      Okay I guess best move is to just check on the loudest people, make sure it's not scum directing the conversation, so let's do some science on Kiradawea
    • SylandraSylandra January 27
      Patting your trusty clipboard, you march off to investigate Kiradawea tonight.
      You assess Kiradawea closely, and strangely--you really cannot deny this, it just is true--Kiradawea is Ssaliss. And she appears to be Town. That's it, that's all you've got. And if you hadn't seen it with your own eyes, you would probably not believe it yourself.

But you did see it with your own eyes. So therefore, it must be so?
    • LehkiLehki February 1
      Okay I think I made the crazy obvious enough that time.

So we've got previous character roles, other players, NPC/Mod role/whatever you wanna call Alec, and now a 404 screen. Let's take a look at Shaddus and see what else we can add to that list!

You pat yourself on the back for a sneaky dayphase well-concluded and decide to investigate Shaddus.

As you do, you find it very hard to look at him! For he is Eventru the Exalted, and a very very shiny person indeed! From what you can glean, he is Town.

Telling yourself you are among a very strange group of people, you return to the dayphase without incident.
    • LehkiLehki February 2
      Dang it Sylandra I was kidding you weren't actually supposed to add Lusternia gods to that list
      LOL. 3

Little late to the party but wanted to share some of my messages. :p