Reworking Sap/Druids

13»

Comments

• No?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Tylwyth said:
    So has sap [recently] become/is availiable for crafts? like cooking can use it?
    Do we actually have maple trees? I've seen pine/oak in the game but I'm trying to think if I've ever seen maple. If so then clearly the rune of the lumberjack needs to be buffed to allow you to drain sap into a bucket. Then I can become a lumberjack and retire, drinking maple syrup until I die.

I'm guessing you're joking but just in case you're not this thread is about reworking the actual sap ability for druids.
  • I think seren has maples.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Wobou said:
    Tylwyth said:
    So has sap [recently] become/is availiable for crafts? like cooking can use it?
    Do we actually have maple trees? I've seen pine/oak in the game but I'm trying to think if I've ever seen maple. If so then clearly the rune of the lumberjack needs to be buffed to allow you to drain sap into a bucket. Then I can become a lumberjack and retire, drinking maple syrup until I die.

I'm guessing you're joking but just in case you're not this thread is about reworking the actual sap ability for druids.
    So just turn Sap into a health drain, Crowdruid Sap seems to be rotting your skin into carrion the Crowdruid "eats" while Hartdriud Sap seems to be offering your life for the Hartdruid.
    For simplicity's sake, that's just a description when it "ticks." Mechanically it's just a simple health drain[annoying if you don't have a cleanse enchantment but not going to kill you on it's own]. Plus the druid only get health if they are in the same room/area.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    So just turn Sap into a health drain, Crowdruid Sap seems to be rotting your skin into carrion the Crowdruid "eats" while Hartdriud Sap seems to be offering your life for the Hartdruid.
    For simplicity's sake, that's just a description when it "ticks." Mechanically it's just a simple health drain[annoying if you don't have a cleanse enchantment but not going to kill you on it's own]. Plus the druid only get health if they are in the same room/area.

The main point of reworking sap (from my vantage point) is to get rid of the cleanse cure so it would need some other kind of cure.
  • edited February 2017
    Hmm damage. Now thats something we didn't think about directly.

Just a random thought we could look at a Sap damage kill route. Cast sap on the target it does a ticking damage of a decent amount. Maybe make it cost three power. last 45? seconds. Give it enough damage so that an unleash hit, sap tick and staff cast at once would kill most people.

Gives druids a nice workable damage bomb for solo combat. Also gives them a damage tool to use group combat wise.  Just a random idea if we want to take sap is a different direction.
  • If people die sapped, corpse trophy? :)

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Dylara said:
    If people die sapped, corpse trophy? :)
    An amber corpse trophy perhaps?
  • Ooh "this amber glob contains the remains of a vanquished foe." Probe amber to see which.....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Trapped in sap like a pathetic insect the form of <name> stands here 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Amber comes from resin not sap. That said, by the description of sap in the game and the skill concept, the skill almost certainly is afflicting with resin. With that in mind, there isn't all that much crafting you could do with resin/sap in the food realm. 
  • Thought of having a passive dmg skill is very juicy. Yes, I'd enjoy that very much.

But it does add more to the damage-meta and it will grant nothing to the already overlooked condition kills, and therefore further devalue them. Be it affs, be it lashes. They will suffer. 
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • Enyalida said:
    Amber comes from resin not sap. That said, by the description of sap in the game and the skill concept, the skill almost certainly is afflicting with resin. With that in mind, there isn't all that much crafting you could do with resin/sap in the food realm. 
    Wildewood's turn Amber into Sap, so whine to THAT programmer....
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    /late

Have a sapped person take a 1/10 malus to h/m/e every X seconds (suffocating under sap), inhaling to hold breath quickens this. Take a small amount of asphyx damage every time it ticks, mounting as the malus rises. Suffocation by sap! If cured, malus disappears at a rate of 2(X). 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    /late

Have a sapped person take a 1/10 malus to h/m/e every X seconds (suffocating under sap), inhaling to hold breath quickens this. Take a small amount of asphyx damage every time it ticks, mounting as the malus rises. Suffocation by sap! If cured, malus disappears at a rate of 2(X). 
    *heavy breathing intensifies*
  • Locking this one for... Reasons. Stay tuned?
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
This discussion has been closed.