Elder Wars Mafia Signup Thread

SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
edited February 2017 in Mafia Hideout

Book of Clangorum

"And if you become a new breed of Soulless, what then?" demanded Meridian. "Would we then have to kill you?"

"I would gladly sacrifice myself," said Morgfyre indignantly. "I would do anything to defeat the Soulless Ones."

And that statement of course was like feeding meat to hungry lions for the Second Circle. Sacrifice was always one of the greatest virtues of a warrior. Orlachmar tried to articulate his opposition, but his own rage got the better of him. I could tell that warriors like Tauro, Thax, Ivanko, Krokano, Gruen and Slaay admired his strength, and the anger that boiled within Orlachmar's breast was somehow perversely perceived as a reason to take the elixir. It looked as though, again, we would support Fain, and as much as I hated speaking at a Gathering, I found myself standing up and clearing my throat.

"Aye, we could some of us take the elixir as Morgfyre suggests," I said when all attention had turned upon me. "But you can count me out. If you ask me, it wouldn't be a noble sacrifice, it would be the path of the coward. Corrupting ourselves, turning ourselves into the enemy, destroying our own souls, for what? To win a few battles before we lose all identity of who or what we are? You all know how close I've been to Orlachmar, and I've seen firsthand the changes within him. Bloody stars, he is not the same! The soul, what Dynara saw in each of us, is being destroyed within Orlachmar! You think that's noble? To throw away Dynara's greatest gift? I say no! I would rather die with honor and being true to myself than win using this coward's method!"

Of course, I directed this speech to my fellow Second Circle warriors and, as I scowled at them, wondered if I had failed completely. Most stared at me with eyes widened in shock. Morgfyre's face was white with rage. But then Krokano stood up and began to clap, followed by Tauro, Shikari, and Braun. Then others began standing, and the clapping became louder and louder, with huzzahs and cries of agreement. Oh, a good number did not stand up, Morgfyre, Thax, Ivanko and Gruen among them, but it was enough to turn the tide.

Thus, when the second vote was cast, Meridian's faction won by a fairly wide margin. Of course, there was no celebration this time. We had just voted to not use the one weapon that might give us a chance. Fain's face was flushed with fury, but he quickly took control of his emotions and quelled the uproar amongst his supporters

There are 20 among us.

(There will be replacements, good chance you will get in as a replacement based on recent history)

1. Sylandra (if she wants as host of last game)

2. Falmiis

3. Lavinya

4. Ellowyn

5. not Celina

6. Ssaliss

7. Lehki

8. Breandryn

9. Xeii

10. Dylara

11. Ushaara

12. Vivet

13. Phoebus

14. Selenity

15. Portius

16. Yomoigu

17. Shaddus

18. Othero

19. Tremula

20. Weiwae

(Replacements)

1. Luce

2. Thyelleia

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Me me me me me. I don't care that I played recently. I so want in.

• Hi.
  • Me, please!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Replacement, please.
  • Yes please
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Sure I'm in.
  • Can I play again? I've played two in a row. If I can, yes please!
  • Hopefully I can provide more helpful input this time, I'm in!
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • I would like to join, this time I should not have something crazy, terrible and sudden come up.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Yes please.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'mma sign up to play too.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I'll join. Might be busy with class sometimes, but I can't say no to an Elder Wars theme.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I'd like to sign up as well. :D
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Put me in, assuming there's still space. Or make me a replacement since I was in the last one. Whichever, I'm easy.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited February 2017
    4 slots still open
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'll play 2-3.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm in if there is space.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    MEEEEEE (please)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    If other people don't sign up, I'll play. If we have someone who wants to take a spot and we're at max, move me to a replacement!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Weiwae said:
    Since I, Weiwae, never got to directly participate in the Elder Wars when they actually happened, I guess I really need to join in on this.
    Ok, but you have to be Bollikin.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Weiwae said:
    Since I, Weiwae, never got to directly participate in the Elder Wars when they actually happened, I guess I really need to join in on this.
    It won't be fun sharding on the first night of the game, and leaving everyone else out to dry.
  • Weiwae said:
    Shaddus said:
    Weiwae said:
    It won't be fun sharding on the first night of the game, and leaving everyone else out to dry.
    THE SHADE OF IT ALL.

• May I join the replacement queue, please?
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Yes you may!

Roles will be going out today.