Simple questions?

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Orventa said:
    Do artisan gift boxes preserve items in them? Or is it just origami packages?
    The AB doesn't indicate any kind of preservation for items in boxes.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Orventa said:
    Do artisan gift boxes preserve items in them? Or is it just origami packages?
    To my knowledge, their main use is to be able to send more then one item via letter. They only hold very few items ( I seem to remember 5 ) and do, to my knowledge, not have any preservation effect ( not that I noticed anyway ). Jewelryboxes are different in that regard if am not mistaken.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • According to HELP GOLD, particularly the very last paragraph, there is a 100k soft cap on gold every 24 hours. Is this actually in effect? 

If so, it seems ridiculously low for a cap. With current CFS prices, that's 4cr/day.

WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • edited February 2017
    According to HELP GOLD, particularly the very last paragraph, there is a 100k soft cap on gold every 24 hours. Is this actually in effect? 

If so, it seems ridiculously low for a cap. With current CFS prices, that's 4cr/day.

The cap happened some time during last year, credit prices where 2 to 3 times what they are now. A variety of changes happened like the cap, aethergoop, and removal of most gold+comm generating items to help out

• I wouldn't really consider 4cr per RL day to be that much. Pretty sure the cap used to be lower, but they raised it because of how fast you'd hit the cap (and how fast you can still hit it, is kinda ridiculous)
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Credit prices didn't really shift much even with all of the changes. It was only after the gold auctions that we saw the prices really plummet from around the 35k-40k mark.
  • The gold cap was a long term preventative measure to help keep the credit market from going back up.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Sondayga said:
    The cap happened some time during last year, credit prices where 2 to 3 times what they are now. A variety of changes happened like the cap, aethergoop, and removal of most gold+comm generating items to help out

I mean, 4 credits/day is actually surprisingly low. Maybe the credit prices could drop lower so that it can match the other IREs, I dunno. (I doubt it, though).
  • Arkh said:
    Sondayga said:
    I mean, 4 credits/day is actually surprisingly low. Maybe the credit prices could drop lower so that it can match the other IREs, I dunno. (I doubt it, though).
    But aren't other IREs much lower in their gold output? At one point, I was told that their gold is no where near ours here.

My own question: Can a bracer (leather forging) design be a single bracer or does it need to be a pair? If it can be a single bracer, can you wear more than one bracer?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The main noun much be either BRACERS or PAIR, unfortunately.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Ayisdra said:
    Arkh said:
    Sondayga said:
    But aren't other IREs much lower in their gold output? At one point, I was told that their gold is no where near ours here.

My own question: Can a bracer (leather forging) design be a single bracer or does it need to be a pair? If it can be a single bracer, can you wear more than one bracer?
    Achaea's gold cap is at 160k, and it's not at all difficult to hit that. Some people even do it in 3-4 hours. Even the 'regular' folk (unartied or lightly-artied) can hit 80-100k in that same time frame. Imperian, as far as I can recall, does not have a gold cap, but it does have notable gold sinks in the form of comms. Plus, things like turn-in quests for gold were limited (so you're more dependent on actual gold drops, and the difference on gold drops between low-level mobs and high-level mobs aren't severe).
  • Is there a reason behind why we get affliction blindness/deafness after we leave the game with truedeaf/trueblind?  I wonder why we can't just return to our healthy state?

I'd understand if this is a commodity-sink, but it's also annoying to login to a routine. Especially at times when I login from my phone :/
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • So, this Ascension event was pretty interesting, yeah? Right before the Seals broke, Father Sun became prismatic just as described in the Histories before he got elixir'd. Was that just a one-time thing or has he been purified?

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    What happens to the books in a bookshelf when it's deconstructed? Do they just fall on the floor as their original copies?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Maligorn said:
    So, this Ascension event was pretty interesting, yeah? Right before the Seals broke, Father Sun became prismatic just as described in the Histories before he got elixir'd. Was that just a one-time thing or has he been purified?
    I know it would be bad for the game but I just dream of the day we can all be Jojobros. Sun druid just sounds FUN!
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • Is there a way to browse AETHERGOOP LIST from outside the game? Need to decide what to spend my buckets of goop on.
    I made this for myself, but it's only the short descriptions. Might still help?

Before an earthly flight

• What are the crystals the denizens in the dream realm drop for? Is there a hiden quest or something in it?
  • edited February 2017
    AFAIK some people have  a bauble from the dream realm, I think it relates to that.
    The only quest I know of requires two people to do though.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Its part of that quest, yes. 
  • Q: What are tinyplots?
  • edited February 2017
    Versalean said:
    Q: What are tinyplots?
    @Versalean

Tinyplots or TP is a term coming from ye olde TinyMUD game, but 'now' used in rp-encouraged or rp-enforced MUDs (and in MUCKs, MUSHes, MOOs) for player-generated/driven rp that lasts over an extended period of time, but can also be as short as like, say, an afternoon. They're generally planned in advance, anywhere from either one person or multiple people doing the advanced planning, and can be casual or semi-scripted. TPs can be a good method of generating regular rp and allows players to get to know each other better and to flesh out their characters more.

Examples:

Orv could want to have more people to hang out at the cafe, so she extends an invite to the Symphonium to have their performers come by and host an open-air concert. Orv and Nelras hash out the details, who then contacts musicians A & B, who write their stuff ooc 'off-camera',  and a general announcement and invites go out to all and sundry. With luck, the big day arrives, people come, schmooze, eat food and it turns out to be a nice little shindig for all involved.

Gaudi revellers are getting sick off of blighted cactus weed! Rp around illness and healing etc.

Glom wants to host The Blood Rite of all Blood Rites, rp mass cradle robbing from all the villages etc.

MegaPlots, MP, on the other hand, are large scale plots that can take months/years to do. Admin Events like Ascension would be a Mega Plot.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Saz said:
    Is there a reason behind why we get affliction blindness/deafness after we leave the game with truedeaf/trueblind?  I wonder why we can't just return to our healthy state?

I'd understand if this is a commodity-sink, but it's also annoying to login to a routine. Especially at times when I login from my phone :/
    Earwort gives you the deafness affliction and truehearing defense, which bypasses deafness among other things. When you qq with it on and then log back on, you have lost your defense and still have the affliction.

If you want to get technical, the slugs deafen you and then attach to your eardrums and transmit the sound for your ears. Something like that.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • The following aethersuit modules are available:

RESERVES - 250db - Boosts your maximum power reserves by 10%.

Is this just a straight +10%, or does it give a 10% boost over what you have? (If you are a lucidian with 5 powerplex jewels and the gear/suit module, is the max 160, or 165?)

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Shaddus said:
    If you want to get technical, the slugs deafen you and then attach to your eardrums and transmit the sound for your ears. Something like that.
    ... I have only just now probed a piece of earwort, and wish with all my might that I hadn't. 

We eat these things on a regular basis?

On a side note, are individual PK kills and deaths recorded for each person you kill/are slain by in a player-visible manner? I'm aware of the KILLS and DEATHS syntaxes, but I can't help but notice that the numbers are lumped together regardless of recent dates.

Before an earthly flight

• Talan said:
    The following aethersuit modules are available:

RESERVES - 250db - Boosts your maximum power reserves by 10%.

Is this just a straight +10%, or does it give a 10% boost over what you have? (If you are a lucidian with 5 powerplex jewels and the gear/suit module, is the max 160, or 165?)

Straight +10%.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    There supposedly is some sort of 'icewynd curio', or so I heard. What exactly does that do when completed? I couldn't find it anywhere, I only got the mention that some icewynd quest do potentially award curio pieces. Other references mentioned and icewynd epic? is that the same?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited February 2017
    Not that I have either, but there are actually two full collections of Icewynd curios, the Forsaken set, and the Ice Angel set. Both sets have a standard Magic Item curio, a Damage Buff curio (Psychic/Divinus for Forsaken, Cold/Excorable for Ice Angel), a damage resist curio (Psychic Excorable, and Cold/Divinus resp.), and then a Movement curio (Polar, for both). The set power takes you to either the various Forsaken Towers, of the Icewynd Trill Camps.

https://sites.google.com/site/xieltalnara/CurioCollections has more details in there somewhere.

Pretty sure the pieces come from doing the various quests associated with each side of the Icewynd epic. So, have fun with that.

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Reylari said:
    Rancoura said:
    ... I have only just now probed a piece of earwort, and wish with all my might that I hadn't. 

With a comment like this I'm hoping I either a) forget to look when I can login, or b) manage to resist the urge to look.
    Just saying, you make a big stink about gravy fruit, but you'll shovel slug treats into your mouth like it's nothing.   ;)

(You're not meant to eat the gravy fruit like a normal meal anyway, it's an art piece dammit, Shedrin just pushes it on everyone. He's the hand, I am the knife!)