Envoy Reports

Comments

• edited February 2017
    <div>11300h, 8160m, 8660e, 10p, 23280en, 23280w Bex<>-armour</div><br><div>You are wearing a sleek pilot uniform infused with aetherlight which provides 20% resistance to physical damage.</div><br><div>11300h, 8160m, 8660e, 10p, 23280en, 23280w Bex<>-remove uniform</div><br><div>You remove a sleek pilot uniform infused with aetherlight.</div><br><div>11300h, 8160m, 8660e, 10p, 23280en, 23280w Bex<>-armour</div><br><div>You have barkguard armour which provides 20% resistance to physical damage.</div><br><div>11300h, 8160m, 8660e, 10p, 23280en, 23280w Bex<>-wear uniform</div><br><div>You cannot fit into this!</div><br><div>You are unable to wear a sleek pilot uniform infused with aetherlight.</div>

:'(

Are Wildewoods/Wyrdenwoods unable to wear any armour now? I assume we can attach aethergears to our bark? If so, how does that work when we skillflex into say Druidry instead?
  • Should be able to wear aethersuits no matter what the thing I think. Bug it?
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited February 2017
    Bonds bitching card officially revoked.

It's all about monks only from now on.

P.S. Can I get what bonds looks like on QL.
  • Holy crap big big awesome changes.
  • Those forest and fire/vine changes are awesome.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited February 2017
    Shuyin said:

P.S. Can I get what bonds looks like on QL.
    It changes what the dropped shadows message is entirely, from this:

The shadows have been gathered here.

To this:

Long tendrils of shadow writhe and undulate here.

EDIT: If brumetower is also active, its message will be appropriately appended immediately after, same as before.

• edited February 2017
    I've asked for that Toadcurse change like 8 times. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Fyler said:
    I've asked for that Toadcursw change like 8 times. 
    Killstealers the world over are now cursing your family name.
  • Now I'll just kiss all toads.  #hatewiccans!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited February 2017
    Also, Aerochems are slowly becoming Pyrochems. Not that it's a bad thing. (I'm on to you, @Falmiis)
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Just been reading the reports Report #1583 is essentially a buff to succumb on high mana targets based on the proposed numbers.  On targets with 10715 mana or higher the proposed numbers will result in a higher mana drain on them than the current succumb. @Wobou

The report mentions adjusted numbers but are there any ideas on what these adjusted numbers would be? I'd assume it'd be lowering them. But well as it stands without lowering them significantly it'll just buff an already exceptionally powerful group mechanic.
  • Veyils said:
    Just been reading the reports Report #1583 is essentially a buff to succumb on high mana targets based on the proposed numbers.  On targets with 10715 mana or higher the proposed numbers will result in a higher mana drain on them than the current succumb. @Wobou

The report mentions adjusted numbers but are there any ideas on what these adjusted numbers would be? I'd assume it'd be lowering them. But well as it stands without lowering them significantly it'll just buff an already exceptionally powerful group mechanic.
    I'm not sure what numbers they are actually using are (I'll try to remember to bug @Ianir about it) but it's not true that the numbers in that report are a buff to succumb overall even for those with high mana pools. It is true that when you have fewer than 4 mental afflictions that the drain will be higher under what I propose. However the old scaling switched from 7% per aff to 12% per aff after 4 mental affs, which is mostly a group scale kind of number anyway. I would argue that not getting hit for 48% mana for 4 afflictions is more significant than taking ~70 more mana on affliction received. That being said, it is unfortunate that they did not go for solution 1.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    When I'm at home, I can dig out the old numbers succumb has, they're available. From the top of my head, the on hit drain was a flat 500, the formula on the tick drains where actually higher, but I don't remember it's exact numbers from the top of my head. What wobou says is essentially true, though, the formula would spike when having the target on 4 afflictions ( which is in group situations ), which would cause the mana drain to go even more out of line.

Would be interesting to see what tweaking they are doing to the numbers and how it'll be playing out then. I'm kind of worried we'll need another adjustment in either direction after this one... :-(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • The numbers I had on succumb from the report 1505 and the announce post related to it was it was giving 750+750 per mental affliction on the tick and doing 500 mental drain on hit. Are these outdated then?

The proposed report is 200 +3% of mana on tick and 750+7% mana per mental affliction.

So at 11k mana. New succumb according to the proposed figures would be doing 530 on hit and 1520 for one affliction.

So hit succumb stick four mental afflictions. Can be done solo with hexes and timing with crone. 2120 mana upfront (more potentially because you have to hit to stack) Mana tick of 3830. Plus timed with banshee for 1100 drain.

So a solo moon dancer with the new numbers can get someone absolve/toadable in the first tick still.

The whole skill would really need a rework. Adjusting the numbers are not going to fix it. If its viable solo it's going to be overpowered for groups. If its viable for groups its going to be super weak for solo and well as I keep getting told we balance for groups right?

• edited March 2017
    I mean you can just shield the succumb window.
    If you're eating all the succumb mental affs you're doing something critically wrong.

EDIT: Honestly, I'm more inclined to blame the quick balances in hexes than the figures on succumb.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Veyils said:
    The numbers I had on succumb from the report 1505 and the announce post related to it was it was giving 750+750 per mental affliction on the tick and doing 500 mental drain on hit. Are these outdated then?

I don't believe those are the numbers that were actually implemented though. The 500 per mental hit is correct but I believe the formula for the actual tick is 750 + x% per mental affliction where x is 7 for less than 4 mental affs or 12 for 4 or more mental affs. So the report does not change the tick for 3 or fewer mental affs, is a fairly substantial nerf for 4 or more affs (which is appropriate), causes more mana loss on mental hit for those above 10k mana (up to 570 if you have 13/13 mana and demi), and causes less mana loss on mental hit for people with less than 10k mana.
  • edited March 2017
    Yarith said:
    I mean you can just shield the succumb window.
    If you're eating all the succumb mental affs you're doing something critically wrong.

EDIT: Honestly, I'm more inclined to blame the quick balances in hexes than the figures on succumb.

Thats fine for solo balance but not for group. 

You can take hexes out of the mix and still get a 1 tick aboslve in group combat.
  • Like new proposed numbers.

Enter, stun, hit with 4 mental afflictions. Which is super easy to do group wise. Some classes can stack the four afflictions on their own never mind with support from others stuning or aeoning.

On someone with 10k mana that's with the proposed new numbers 2k upfront and a tick of 3550. Doable in a stun. 

---
    I was kind of braininstorming on this a bit and well. Adjusting the numbers on succumb wont fix the problem either way. It looks like its going to be useless or overpowered depending on how you tweak the numbers

Why not take it in a different direction?

One of the issues your having when balancing it is you want Moondancers to be viable solo which is totally understandable. Now the way succumb works is it means that the moon dancer has to be able to hit succumb for three power and burst the target down in the succumb window and toad for eight power. Power wise you need to get one power back and because of that you can't do anything else fun with any other power moves to help you out because the succumb window is too short so your basically restricting solo moondancers to using just toad and succumb and no other power stuff for their prime kill. Also it means the drain on succumb has to be insanely large to actually make it possible to burst people down solo. 

Which means its stupid overpowered in group combat because if one person can burst people down and the drain stacks with others input it gets crazy(I've literally seen 1 second toads before). It also means if you have two toaders one can blow their entire power on sticking more afflictions and making the burst drain even worse.

Its not the best designed skill to be fair. Lots of obvious issues were missed.

Now to me if we look at these problems my first thought would be to make the succumb window longer.

Like increase it to 35ish seconds. That way your giving moondancers time to regenerate  4 power in the window so it gives them three power to play with to do other stuff with their terts etc to help build the kill.

Then secondly because your increasing the timeframe adjust the numbers on succumb based on how long it is on the target. So like for the first 8ish seconds it does minor mana drain. Then for 8 seconds to 25 it does good but not overwhelming drain then for the 25 to 35 window it does the kind of insane overwhelming mana drain it can do now from the get go.

That'd put succumb in a position where it can be good for solo combat because your giving time for the moondancer to play and plan tatically and time it out with stuff. It removes the stupid up front instant burst potential succumb has in group combat but gives it a solid place in draining decent mana drain after a few seconds. 

It'd give good counter play in that well its a fairly decent window. I was sort of stealing some of this from the plans people were throwing around about how to make Crux/Sacrafice viable and I thought we could make succumb a similar concept in that its a long window with a good build up to followed by a potential crippling 

• edited March 2017
    Believe it or not, you can actually use evoke pentagram and invoke circle in groups. It doesn't disable the command.

For a 10k mana pool you'd suffer 500 damage on apply for mental affs and 700 mana for each additional mental affliction at the tick.

For 'one tick' to put you within toad range, without using your 36% vital cure (10% mana scroll effective, 10% sparkle, 16% mana potion) and without a regeneration tic you would have to suffer, with y = 1200x + 750 (provided you cure 0 of the afflictions in the window between succumb and the tick) you would need 4 mental afflictions at the tick. If you cured mana effectively in the window, but did not proc regeneration tic, you'd require 7 afflictions uncured. That's 7 of the 10 total afflictions you could get and they'd have to be delivered in a smart fashion as to not be wasted.

(Though, I suppose, if you're just considering the actual bomb at the end from full mana you'd need 6 mental affs, yeah.)

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Tbh it might seem stupid to argue for shielding, but so many people get fooled over it. Obviously not going to work with a heavy bard or warrior comp, but Tarken uses it all the time to pretty great effect.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Because in a group, there aren't blanknotes/razes.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yet, despite that, people like me, Danquik, Tarken, even Shuyin can use shield to great effect. :?

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Shielding always trips me up.
  • Shielding wont counter a succumb that can get you from full mana to a toad range in the space of a stun. Because you can't shield during stuns Yarith.
  • If you're going to argue 'synergy in groups leads to situations which require proactive responses' then I am sure we can outline a billion things which are hard to combat in Glomdoring alone.

People can sprinkle salt around you, gust you out of the room. This is group pvp.
    You can also try sipping after the succumb tick.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited March 2017
    You should probably stop posting then. For the record, I think succumb is awkward and probably hits too hard, hilariously hard, but your proposed ideas for it do nothing for MD.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Shedrin said:
    Shielding always trips me up.

Don't say that, I just told everyone that you were one of the few in the North that doesn't bounce off my shield, lol.
  • Danquik said:
    Shedrin said:
    Shielding always trips me up.

Don't say that, I just told everyone that you were one of the few in the North that doesn't bounce off my shield, lol.
    I have very obnoxious echoes for shielding and hitting a shield, so I tend not to do it twice in a row but it also makes me notice just how often I hit shields.

Unless I'm a warrior, then you're getting cleaved. >:)