Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• Glom removed Serane. She just put herself back in. Twice.

Not that that answered your question exactly.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • @Shaddus My opinion would be that Estarra would intervene for some kind of resolution. 
  • edited March 2017
    As someone who has clashed with and unpatroned key org divines in other games, I don't advise it unless masochistic. That's mostly a joke tho - Estarra seems to keep things in line here! I can't imagine seeing the sort of backlash from divine I've seen in other games. Admin here are just way above that sort of thing.

I feel its shitty to do to the admin if done out of spite or because of a clash. They are just trying to play their role and in hindsight I've learned there are better methods for everyone to sort out differences of opinion about orgs.

Roleplay wise, it can be awesome, though...if done right. There needs to be RP trust and delicacy but I've unpatroned a guild patron before as part of a big arc for my guild and it was super engaging.
  • edited March 2017
    I think a lot of this too falls on the fact that "patron" is just a very strange position, which is something we talked a lot about during the overhaul for the faction mechanics. 

To expand further on @Ayisdra's question (and @Isune's answer), I think it is, and could be, entirely possible that a god leaves their original nation and moves to a different place. I mean, we have seen that twice with Elostian and Isune in Celest. It would require a lot of roleplay and Estarra's approval at the end of the day, but I can imagine it being done - despite whatever early development may have happened. 

Re: @Shaddus, I agree with @Lisaera and Isune that if it becomes too rowdy, there will be some big-time intervention that happens. Because honestly, IC a God is pretty much omnipotent in comparison to mortals and OOC an Administrator has nearly so much power at their fingertips, and any sort of retribution from on-high would only lead to player dissatisfaction. Granted, I think something like it can be done, and done well, but we have very few examples in Lusternia's history.

Breandryn said:

Roleplay wise, it can be awesome, though...if done right. There needs to be RP trust and delicacy but I've unpatroned a guild patron before as part of a big arc for my guild and it was super engaging.
    I really like this part of @Breandryn's post, and I agree with it. However, I am not sure how much trust really exists between Patrons and mortal characters, given precisely the strange IC/OOC nature of the patron title (or even the roles of gods themselves).
  • Well threads like this definitely help build it. Sometimes it's easy to forget that everyone wants the game to be awesome, in the end. Players just have a much more micro view, while admin have the macro and remembering that helps, at least from the player side. It's so easy to villify those omniscient omnipotent admin, but it's important to be able to remember that they have a much bigger perspective of the game. On the other hand, a GM or GA may have insight into the details that a god doesn't have the time to notice. My best divine interactions as a leader have been with gods who recognise my strengths and insight into those I lead while also clearly conveying their IC stance to me, such as by giving hints at deeper truths I'm not yet privy to or by giving me a glimpse of the God's motivations. For me, personally, that seeds trust and makes the IC/OOC divide more clear.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @allgods I wonder about one thing in particular. How do you manage to keep roleplaying through different denizens at the same time with so many player needing things at once? I've seen it in some major events and given I sometimes struggle to keep my own RP line on track during the evenings... just how? ;)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Just to clear the air about my last question, no. I'm not currently plotting to try and crusade against any of you, more curious as to whether if an org takes a path the patron disagrees with, how far along the org is able to go without outside intervention. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    On the vein of Aeldra's question, do you Godmin have universally-Havens-accessible logs so that you can determine how a mob you're possessing should act, or something like notes on each denizen's behaviour to reference?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited March 2017
    Rancoura said:
    On the vein of Aeldra's question, do you Godmin have universally-Havens-accessible logs so that you can determine how a mob you're possessing should act, or something like notes on each denizen's behaviour to reference?
    We have both actually. All our interactions as a possessed mob are logged (although, it is a one-sided conversation), and we also have a way to comment on mobs so we can write about their history/interactions. Often times, we forget about the comments part and just go on the logged stuff. 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Do you guys claim non-order mobs? For example, I'm assuming that Isune would frown on anyone else possessing Volucer, because he's pretty firmly attached to the character. But what about Master Quettle, Fraesic, or other mobs? Does people just grab them whenever, or is it mostly the same god every time?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • edited March 2017
    @Serengods can we keep @Voyoma forever?

Pretty please?

Absolutely love the concept of an Ancestor-Ephemeral (unless I misunderstood stuff)
  • @allgods How do IG languages work for Divine? Would You be able to understand players regardless of what language they use? 

On the subject of languages, do Divine have native languages (besides Divine, of course) too? Differing tongues for every creche? 
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm pretty sure godmin can see inputs actually. Or at least, they can see what your client puts through to the MUD.

That said @sciomore and dreamgods, During the Dreaming event, Hallifax developed encryption on our ooc clan. What was the havens reaction to that?
  • @Weiwae was this the inspiration for your description?

The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    To Everyone:

What Traitor would you be? And/or, why would your character become a traitor?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Lynnie said:
    @Weiwae was this the inspiration for your description?

He is in fact one of the six pictures I used to describe Weiwae!
  • TIME TO FIND THE LAST FIVE
    The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Weiwae said:
    Lynnie said:
    @Weiwae was this the inspiration for your description?

He is in fact one of the six pictures I used to describe Weiwae!
    One picture for each dot?
  • edited March 2017
    LOL, no.  Just happened to be six pics.  But the six dots and "missing nose" did come from Krillin.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Hmm...Krillin, Sun Wukong, Turtle...is Weiwei just Dragonball?
  • do all/have any divines watched what characters get up to in private in manses? (esp .when they do the funky monkey)