General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• edited January 2019
    -
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Having one of those weird nights where I can't shake the overwhelming feeling that something is wrong.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Mudlet broke. The Mudlet discord suggested I get the development build, had me uninstall Mudlet. Development build failed on my PC. I have so many sads.
  • Phoebus said:
    Having one of those weird nights where I can't shake the overwhelming feeling that something is wrong.
    It's the cake shortage. It's getting to us all :(
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Your friendly phone service reminder for the day:

People working outbound calls are not generally allowed to assume you're listening and accept the call just because the line picks up. Say hello. If you don't have time to talk this instant, let it go to voicemail. And if you answer the phone and someone says they're calling from a pharmacy, you have the right to refuse to identify yourself over the phone. If you do so, however, the call is more or less over because there's only so much dancing around the Healthcare Information Portability and Accountability Act we can do. We can't tell you what medicine we're calling about, we can't tell you your doctor's name, your address, OUR address, or what color shirt we're wearing until we know and can confirm on record that we're speaking to someone with a right to the information, which is a damned short list.

Yes, this means the pharmacy cannot tell you why we're calling until you prove you're you. This means we cannot release information on the adult patient to her parents until she okays it (most don't). And the only real option at that point is to say, "well, can you have so and so reach out to us?" Technically, we can ask for you by first and last name, but if we do so we have to ask for extra information before getting to why we called.
  • Selenity said:
    Mudlet broke. The Mudlet discord suggested I get the development build, had me uninstall Mudlet. Development build failed on my PC. I have so many sads.
    Versalean was having trouble with Mudlet too....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Tylwyth said:
    Selenity said:
    Just installed 3.0 iota. Crashed on starting up. smh.
  • Selenity said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Selenity said:
    Just installed 3.0 iota. Crashed on starting up. smh.
    Had the same thing while mmf was installed, was just fortunate that I had delta still on the machine as that seems to work fine.

Might be worth trying that for you?
    Old downloads are here http://www.mudlet.org/wp-content/files/?C=M;O=D
  • Heartbroken.

And to top it off disappointed by the same white-washed spiel born of ignorance and fear giving power to all the wrong people once again.

Heartbroken. 
  • Everything sucks. I mean it always does. Just more right now.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    You can do it! I believe! 
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I got off the train. Bus said it'll be 40 minutes late. Taxi service wasn't open today, and the second nearest one would charge me $20.

So I walked.

Two miles.

With slushy and icy roads. Is that grayish stuff frozen hard ice, or just a light muck coating atop the nastiest puddle around? Only one way to find out!

... No busses were on the route home, I walked the same route they drive. I got home about 20 minutes before the bus would if I had waited the fourty minutes.

My feet hurt. My legs hurt. My lungs hurt.

But dammit, I did it.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I thought I'd be busy all day at work. Knuckled down and powered through as much as I could, determined to beat the clock. I've now finished it all. And I have two hours left.
    Luce said:
    I thought I'd be busy all day at work. Knuckled down and powered through as much as I could, determined to beat the clock. I've now finished it all. And I have two hours left.
    If you're in an office, this is the part where you spin on your wheely chair or find someone else without work to do a wheely chair race down the hall.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I would, but they track my idle times and volumes
    Luce said:
    I would, but they track my idle times and volumes
    Smack your face on the keyboard!
  • Sciatica pain so bad I can't even roll to one side in bed. -_-
  • Father is off life support and is in the ICU to prepare for hospice. I go in for my daily visit fort he first time he can speak in days...but he just keeps saying he wants to see my sister instead. I don't know why I thought he would start loving me more on his deathbed. My family has never been very fond of me.
  • edited March 2017
    I am sick like half the time anyway, but currently I seem to be fighting multiple sicknesses at once. Kinda loopy and tired at all times as a result. Spring allergies are slowly kicking in too.
  • edited March 2017
    it's nothing
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    My mom is having the carpets in our house torn up and replaced. This is a very loud process happening right outside my door (and eventually inside my door, leaving my room inaccessible until they finish). This is extremely bad timing as I have a truckload of schoolwork to get done by Tuesday. Between the noise and impending lack of access to my computer to do work or anything I really enjoy, I am too stressed to get work done, and just partaking of distractions in an attempt to decompress instead. My thoughts are nothing but panicked screaming.
  • Depressive episode is looming over my head. Fighting to keep myself above water. 
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Because my legs are so stiff I couldn't lift them high enough to clear a step going into my work office to get a piece of gear I forgot and I took a tumble. Unfortunately, someone heard and came running so I had to write up an incident report for a simple bruised knee and my coworkers keep teasing me about it. >:(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited March 2017
    That feeling when you've been emailing about scheduling a thing and not getting any responses, and you call and call and they finally pick up say they've been trying to reach you, and it turns out they've been emailing a defunct email address that's on your paypal account from the application fee. And yet they don't seem to be able to respond to any of your emails from the correct address somehow anyway. And so now you can't do the thing because the timeslot they gave you is inflexible. :| Oh and the application fee is unrefundable. Joy.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • So with all the shit going on RL, I missed theater submission by 8 hours. Issued, but no luck there. So, yay, I've fucked my city over. Awesome.
  • edited March 2017
    Well I had made an effort to do a lot of stuff on the stage this cycle, but from what I can tell about the system* none of that activity counts if I don't submit a piece. So basically 2 weeks have been wasted.

(*which could be wrong, I'm going off what I can glean from help files and half-remembered details from when I last played. Gonna just hope I mis-remembered the scoring)