Minecraft.

edited February 2013 in The Real World
Hi, guys. I guess I should really announce here for those not in my normal circles...

I am currently running a high-performance Minecraft server. 64 bit OS, 4GB RAM, 4 cores. (3 cores and 3GB assigned solely to the Minecraft process).

The server is for use by anybody who plays the Iron Realms games. Current plugins include:

GroupManager,
Runecraft,
WorldEdit,
WorldGuard,
TreeAssist,
Permissions,
Essentials,
EssentialsChat,
EssentialsProtect,
EssentialsSpawn
and EssentialsAntiBuild.

We are currently pretty much dominated by Australian players, so come join up and show them they are not alone!

There are two admininstrators at this stage, aethereal5601 (game admin) and fetaera (owner/server admin). We're extremely active, so feel free to flame, suggest, whatever.

The server is available at: iris.pharanyx.com

Any questions, just fire away and I'll do my best to reply promptly.

Regards,

Martin. (Draylor).

n.b. For those people already playing, please bookmark: http://www.pharanyx.com/minecraft  - I'll have something available over the next few days.

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I've been playing on this server, and it is a lot of fun, and definitely the fastest server I've seen in some time.  Come join us, it will be a blast (as soon as I get this mob farmer to actually work, at least.......)
  • Just to advise, there will be approximately two hours of downtime later today (1800h GMT) for server consolidation and upgrades.

If there are any questions, please forward to support@pharanyx.com.

Thanks for your understanding during this time.
  • Apologies for delay. We're back, although please update to: follicle.pharanyx.com.

Thanks.
  • it's not working

• Lies!

(Back up. Forgot to edit a script, sorry).
  • Please update to 1.5.0 in order to continue playing.

If you have any issues, please let me know: support@pharanyx.com
  • Admin announcement:

"It's up, and should be working fine (with the exception of Runecraft). As a note, if you built something in the nether, it is now gone entirely. Nether deletion ETA for new worldgen is... some time tomorrow. Send me an email at a.konnen@gmail.com or message to aethereal5610 on the server with coords in the nether if you have something that needs to be saved."
  • Went to check it out today and it wasn't there. :(
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hey is this still a thing? Last time I checked it didn't seem to exist.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Hi, yeah. Sorry guys. I had to pull the plug on the server. It was just costing me too much and I was never even playing.

Maybe once Saracen is all good and I have more spare time, I'll get us back up. Don't worry, the world is safe.