Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Versalean said:
    Foehn said:
    Maybe something like this has come up (or maybe it even exists in some form). I apologize if that's the case:

Test Dummy - 150cr
    Only usable in an arena, can be attacked just like a player. But rather than take damage from attacks, it simply tells the owner the specifics of the attack: amount of damage done, what afflictions, etc. Also allows user to enter arena by themselves by CHALLENGE DUMMY.
    Just confused about why the bolded would be helpful? Whatever the answer, I'd pay 150cr just for the rest.
    So you can test stuff without it using up power/cards/motes/etc
  • Versalean said:
    Foehn said:
    Test Dummy - 150cr
    Only Usable in an arena,  
    Just confused about why the bolded would be helpful? Whatever the answer, I'd pay 150cr just for the rest.
    See  the newly bolded text Vers.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Tirah said:
    Versalean said:
    Foehn said:
    Maybe something like this has come up (or maybe it even exists in some form). I apologize if that's the case:

Test Dummy - 150cr
    Only usable in an arena, can be attacked just like a player. But rather than take damage from attacks, it simply tells the owner the specifics of the attack: amount of damage done, what afflictions, etc. Also allows user to enter arena by themselves by CHALLENGE DUMMY.
    Arenas already don't consume your power once you get out, nor do they for other consumables (--except the new DW motes. Hopefully that feature gets added soon).

• Maligorn said:
    Tirah said:
    Versalean said:
    Foehn said:

Test Dummy - 150cr
    Arenas already don't consume your power once you get out, nor do they for other consumables (--except the new DW motes. Hopefully that feature gets added soon).
    Yes. That is why you would want to use the Dummy in the arena, rather that outside of it.
  • edited March 2017
    I thought about this one a lot and I'm pretty sure you could implement an artifact which allows you to activate a secondary curio of damage/resist type without any really overarching balance concerns. I'd buy it.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tirah said:
    Not /REALLY/ an artifact, but technically they are.

Crates and packages for the old czigany toy curios. I think the only way to get new ones (meaning not ones you trade from people who held onto them) is rubbing these days. Since they offer no bonuses, and are just toys, similar to dingbat dolls, there would be no balance concerns either.
    I would also like some non-rubbing access to bubble and marionette curios (for no reason other than collecting the things).
  • Maybe have them sold with gold as a simple goldsink?
  • Breandryn said:
    Maybe have them sold with gold as a simple goldsink?
    There are curios sold for gold. They are priced far worse than the credit ones, leading to nobody ever buying them, so imma say gold curio packages are a bad idea.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, they're dramatically overpriced. 
  • Snake charmers flute or pungi or bansuri or what ever.

Playing this allows you to summon five random venomous snakes into your inventory. Playable once every IG game.

Useable for snake pits/ecology snake bond etc.
  • Veyils said:
    Snake charmers flute or pungi or bansuri or what ever.

Playing this allows you to summon five random venomous snakes into your inventory. Playable once every IG game.

Useable for snake pits/ecology snake bond etc.
    This is something that will actually make snake pits worth setting up for. 
  • Aeldra said:
    An idea i just had after being D: at a hair curio for a sole 5 minutes because it had the word 'unnatural' in it and I didn't expect it and ultimately it's not what I wanted, this came to mind:

Wig of a Changeling ( 50 cr ? )
    - Acts like a hair curio wig for all intends and purposes (influencing, emotes)
    - Allows the owner to change it's appearance upon themselves once per lusternian day to something of their own writing with a length of up to 3 lines and with one of 16 colors.

would buy.
  • Aeldra said:
    An idea i just had after being D: at a hair curio for a sole 5 minutes because it had the word 'unnatural' in it and I didn't expect it and ultimately it's not what I wanted, this came to mind:

- Allows the owner to change it's appearance upon themselves once per lusternian day to something of their own writing with a length of up to 3 lines and with one of 16 colors.

Having seen how 99% of Laurels is used, I must confess a slight, creeping terror when I read this idea.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Versalean said:
    Aeldra said:

Having seen how 99% of Laurels is used, I must confess a slight, creeping terror when I read this idea.

Not a different terror then the one you get from 'describe self', which is literally the same just in color?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    Versalean said:
    Aeldra said:

Not a different terror then the one you get from 'describe self', which is literally the same just in color?
    Conceded.

But you'll agree that the writing in Laurels is generally orders of magnitude worse than that in descriptions? Laurels seems to BEG people to be sarcastic special snowflakes, and if you give them the opportunity to describe themselves in colour it's only going to follow the same path. Honestly, how many bouncing breasts, swaying hips, and inviting asses do we need to see in glorious technicolour?

I still support the idea, I'm just unconvinced that our community is ready for it.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I think the suggestion was just for hair, but honestly I'd love to be able to markdown colours into descriptions. If for no other reason than it would give the poster the option to highlight something that's supposed to be noticable. I've used it in other MU#s to describe eye colors with color, for instance.
  • Portable directory (I think ~50 credits)

Lets you use the DIRECTORY and PORTAL SEARCH SHOPS from anywhere.

DIRECTORY <city/commune>
    DIRECTORY AETHERPLEX
    DIRECTORY ALL

This would be convenient for shopkeepers pricing things and would introduce a way for city/commune shops to get a bit more traffic.
  • Breandryn said:
    Portable directory (I think ~50 credits)

Lets you use the DIRECTORY and PORTAL SEARCH SHOPS from anywhere.

DIRECTORY <city/commune>
    DIRECTORY AETHERPLEX
    DIRECTORY ALL

This would be convenient for shopkeepers pricing things and would introduce a way for city/commune shops to get a bit more traffic.
    I'm not sure that this would serve the secondary function you've mentioned. It would require the shopper to pay 50 credits to see commune wares more easily, when for 0 credits they can just go to the 'plex. Ya know, part of me thinks that all commune/city shops should just -automatically- be connected to the 'plex, or do so at power cost to the City. Then taxes and prices could serve to mitigate that cost.

But another part of me paid 750 credits for an aethershop and likes to complain that life is tougher than it really is.
  • I mean, if that was added as a baseline thing we could all do, I wouldn't complain ^_^
  • Tailoring in general is lackluster. If you must keep it, make the arti exceptionally exciting, like 100% back so we can shear shit and ignore you (who is probably our gross ex).

Really, not an exciting arti and has terrible connotations. 

I'd prefer more patterns but it seems that won't happens for ???? reasons????

I'd totally take this chance to push an idea but nobody will listen to me :P