QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Zyphora said:
    (Ad-Hoc): Vivet says, "We have macaron themed watches. I never knew this until now."

(Ad-Hoc): You say, "Mica :(."

(Ad-Hoc): Falaeron says, "Do we have watch-themed macarons though?"

(Ad-Hoc): Orventa says, "^^^."

(Ad-Hoc): Vivet says, "No. Too time consuming to make."

(Ad-Hoc): You say, "Omg."

(Ad-Hoc): Vivet says, ":D."

(Ad-Hoc): Falaeron says, "Vivet pls."
    i sell them, all enchanted in DEW
  • You sure you don't want to read the next 99 pages of a certain someone's pious nature?
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Daraius said:
    -readlog shevat
    <honour log>
    D: nothx
    its only 1750-some lines of offerings.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2017
    You see Whiskeymonger @Letarne, Vox Whiskey yell, "Hey! Speeder guy!"

You see Cayen Nial, the old gnome yell, "Hey what?"

You see Whiskeymonger Letarne, Vox Whiskey yell, "Chicken butt!"

Cayen Nial, the old gnome says, "What about chickens and why are you on my speeder?"

Cayen Nial, the old gnome says, "Are you here to help with my calculations?"

You say, "...well. Potentially, in a roundabout way...yes?"
    Cayen Nial, the old gnome exclaims, "JUMP SHIP!!! WHEEEE!!!"

You say, "WHAT."

You say, "NO DO NOT DO THAT."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I've been away for a bit, came back to some fun stuff:

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Hello, beautiful city. How are you all?"
    (Gaudiguch): Steingrim (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Hello Breandryn."
    (Gaudiguch): Kistan (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Sobering up. Finding goddesses is thirsty work."
    (Gaudiguch): You say, "Finding goddesses?"
    (Gaudiguch): Kistan (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "We found Lady Kalikai, or Jade as she is better known, in the inn. Eventually."
    (Gaudiguch): You say, "Jade?"
    (Gaudiguch): Kistan (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "With a J."
    (Gaudiguch): You say, "I only know that as a stone. What is the significance?"
    (Gaudiguch): Steingrim (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "One is a stone and the other gets stoned."

And this letter is probably the best thing ever. I am mentoring @Peachius and I gave him the task of mailing me a letter describing a custom outfit he wants, so he can learn about the mail system and think about his character concept. I got this when I logged in. :)

You read what is written on a sheet of stationery covered in rainbow glitter:
    Hello my nice and wise mentor, Breandryn.

As my first task you told me to write a description of what I would like to wear. So here is my... short and not detailed description, as I do not know much about leathers and costumes.

I would like to wear a one piece costume, mostly crimson. As I am a minstrel, I keep on a perfect shape. And I am a trill, so... hmmmm... well, some kind of Batman outfit, crimson and with a draw in the chest representing the Elder Goddess Trillillial. No cloak since I have my amazing wings.

I apologise for the insane speaking mentioning Batman.

Hope all goes well for you, Breandryn.

Take care.
    A sheet of stationery covered in rainbow glitter is holding:
    "drop36866"                             a tart lemon drop
    1 items found.
  • edited March 2017
    Nananananananananana Bird Minstrel
  • Things stay fun!

(Secret Flame): Please welcome Riton who has just enrolled into the Order of the Secret Flame to learn the ways of the Pyromancers!

(Gaudiguch): Please welcome Riton who just stepped out of the Portal of Fate as a new citizen!

(Secret Flame): Steingrim says, "Welcome to your Freedom Riton."

(Secret Flame): You say, "Welcome to Gaudiguch, Riton!"

(Newbie): Riton says, "Hello."

(Secret Flame): You say, "Check out CGHELP WELCOME for your first steps and let us know if you have any questions!"

*** 10 minutes pass ***

(Secret Flame): Please welcome Riton who has just enrolled into the Order of the Secret Flame to learn the ways of the Pyromancers!

(Gaudiguch): Please welcome Riton who just stepped out of the Portal of Fate as a new citizen!

(Secret Flame): You say, "....welcome...?"

• You know you need to anchor triggers when....

Damned Avurekhos Feyranti, Crimson Fist of Luciphage says, "Welcome back."
    Appending to log: C:\Users\Jessica\Documents\My Games\CMUD\Lusternia\breandryn_2017.03.26.txt
  • No context needed.

(Peasantface): Xenthos says, "I'm so thorny."
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    (Seren OOC): @Ejderha (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Family and marriage and 'incest' are just 
    institutions of civilization and we should burn them with fire."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Once you get one more lusted person to you, almost all of those are going to drop off (can only have 5 lusts at a time now).
  • edited March 2017
    She is a glistening mugwump reclusive demigoddess and her slick skin is a deep green stippled
    generously with freckles of white and olivine. Her stomach and chest are unmottled white, as are the
    palms of her hands, the soles of her feet, and the translucent webbing between her amphibian fingers
    and toes. Large, round eyes bear fiery orange irises, their elongated, horizontal pupils distinctly
    frog-like in their appearance; similarly frog-like, her nostrils are merely slits upon the centre of
    her face, and her ears but holes at the sides of her head. Looking rather like it doesn't belong, a
    curly mop of short, pale hair sits disheveled atop her head. She is wearing a Mask of Esteemed
    Beauty, threaded prayer beads of the Welkin Goddess, the Doctoral Tam of the Anomaly, a twisted
    brooch of colourful gemstones, the Quintessential Mandala of Resplendent Harmony, an austere silver
    wedding band, a commemorative hoop snake hoop through her left ear, a professional black briefcase,
    Spectacles of Clairvoyance, a cloak of cerulean plumes, Gloves of Mastery, a heart-shaped ruby stud
    through her left ear, a viridian-banded pin, a double-breasted springtime suit, a brooch of the
    frozen gale, a heart-shaped ruby stud through her right ear, 4 twilight amethyst rings of windswept
    skyblooms, a deep blue ankle-length coat accented with ivory, a dangling strand of polyhedral beads
    of semiprecious stone, highly polished dress shoes, a serene pearl ring, a nebulous pauldron of
    trailing mist, 2 iridescent white fractal flower brooches, a lucid watch of gleaming crystal, a
    ridiculous pig nose and a breathtaking circlet of ice flowers. She walks with the truefavour of
    Czixi.

nudge pho
    You nudge @Phoebus suggestively.

Phoebus glances askance.
    Emeritus Phoebus Windwhisper says, "Please do not nudge me."

You blush furiously.
    You nod your head at Phoebus.

Emeritus Phoebus Windwhisper says, "Or any sort of physical contact. Assume there is a security barrier around me."

----------------------------
    i heard: touch me not Peasant! :<
  • edited March 2017
    Quoting this, because it honestly is a joke. How do you expect new players to stick around when WHO looks like this:

You sense the following people:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Breandryn - before the Eternal Flame
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (*) Currently, there is 1 Lusternian on this plane and 40 on other planes.

*edit I am on prime
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's almost like you're posting at Midnight or close to it in America, and people are sleeping or something.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Xenthos said:
    Once you get one more lusted person to you, almost all of those are going to drop off (can only have 5 lusts at a time now).
    Well damn. I wanted to keep a couple of those but I guess new-lust will replace old ones right? Shame. No more lusting after Forren then. ;)
  • edited March 2017
    @Shaddus - I agree. You are right. The game is lame. Or maybe I am lame. I dunno. Your trolling is a bit non-specific. Regardless, you've made that clear with every post you make that x/y/z isn't wanted here and it seems I fit that today. I'm just gonna go take your implicit advice, now, and stop playing.
  • Shaddus said:
    It's almost like you're posting at Midnight or close to it in America, and people are sleeping or something.
    There's a point to it though. It's pretty much always been hard for euros and in general people on a radically different timezone compared to the US. It also means you're likely to miss out on most events. Gems and planes of course don't help in showing that there are actually people online and you're not (almost) alone.
  • I know Brea's complaint was about WHO itself, but (from Ianir in the Live Q&A thread earlier this month):

* A reminder since somebody asked me to post it to the forums - We are removing planar limitations on CWHO and GWHO. People in manses and unknown planes still won't show though.

That should help at least a little bit, I would think.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Shaddus said:
    Yeah, no. One person on Prime and 40 people off should only ever happen when there's a significant event happening offplane, like wildnodes, flares, Ascension, or one of the Flame Lords speaking to people. Frankly I start getting twitchy when the are 20 off​ prime, because that's the point past which astral hunts get impractical. Waving that off as "people sleep" is disingenuous, since those people should ideally log off instead of idle through the night in their manses, and I don't care​ what defenses they need to reraise afterwards.

• Just take people in manses off the count for off-plane, then. Either that, or re-instate the rule against idling in manses. You can't tell people they shouldn't idle in manses unless you put it in a rule, because if there's not a rule against it, they're going to do it.

Showing people who are actually playing the game, just off-plane, in CWHO/GWHO will let newbies know who they can approach.

• To be fair, people still idle outside of manses.. >.>
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited March 2017
    Luce said:
    Shaddus said:
    Yeah, no. One person on Prime and 40 people off should only ever happen when there's a significant event happening offplane, like wildnodes, flares, Ascension, or one of the Flame Lords speaking to people. Frankly I start getting twitchy when the are 20 off​ prime, because that's the point past which astral hunts get impractical. Waving that off as "people sleep" is disingenuous, since those people should ideally log off instead of idle through the night in their manses, and I don't care​ what defenses they need to reraise afterwards.

That or it just indicates mass acquisition of cloaking gems, which seems plausible. Still has the overall same effect if you're not looking at the number of people online, though.

EDIT: I feel like it is worth pointing out since, like demigod, the number of people with cloaking gems making up the overall percentage of those logged in has also climbed over the years.
  • edited March 2017
    delete plz