April Promotion & You Can Now Share/Sell Your Customizations!

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2720
Date: 4/1/2017 at 0:03
To  : Everyone
Subj: April Showers Bring Divine Crates, Lesson Sale and Aethergoop Updates!

For the month of April, you can purchase lessons directly on the website
at a steep discount. If you are in need of lessons (or think you may
need some in the future), this is a perfect opportunity to load up as it
is basically they are at a 40% discount.

Also, you may purchase Divine Crates directly on the website as well.
(These were previously called Solstice Crates but we decided to change
the name.) Within the crates, you may find 5000 aethergoop OR 50
dingbats OR 50 Czigany coins OR 15 presents. There is also a small
chance that instead you will find 3 wondergems!

Website purchases are found at https://www.lusternia.com/credits

Also, aethergoop has some updates. You can now purchase a custom
aethergoop skin for 2000 aethergoop (syntax: CUSTOMIZE <item> SKIN).
This will place the customization into the aethergoop database and you
will collect 200 aethergoop anytime someone purchases that customization
(up to a maximum of 2000 aethergoop).

Finally, the commodity and gold cost of aethergoop craft items has been
reduced by 50% and you can store aethergoop candy and scarf charges in
your rift as if they were normal riftables. The CANDY and SCARF commands
are no longer relevant, and you can handle transactions and
splitting/combining of your candy and scarves as you would any other
riftable.

Enjoy!

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Can they ( candies and scarves) now be sold in shops rifts?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Wait, what are goop scarves? Why do I have no recollection of them whatsoever?
  • Shaddus said:
    Can they ( candies and scarves) now be sold in shops rifts?
    Probably! They are riftables now!

Vivet said:
    Nobody uses them. We've had less than 15 made since Jan 1. GOOP details them a bit I think (maybe?). If not, READNEWS ANNOUNCE 2660.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    Okay! One more question - is there a limit to how many submissions you can have at once via CUSTOMIZE? Seems plausible due to how cartels work, but after looking at it, I think this might be replacing customisation requests submitted via email - it's just that now you have the option of requesting it to become a goop skin too, and do it all in-game. Yes or no?
  • edited April 2017
    Vivet said:
    Okay! One more question - is there a limit to how many submissions you can have at once via CUSTOMIZE? Seems plausible due to how cartels work, but after looking at it, I think this might be replacing customisation requests submitted via email - it's just that now you have the option of requesting it to become a goop skin too, and do it all in-game. Yes or no?
    There is no hardcoded limit on customizations other than 1/replica at a time. It is entirely to replace having to email artifacts@lusternia.com for simple description customisations; we've just tacked the skin stuff onto the system since it's existed since last August and there's no point adding in an entirely new command for it. We have too many single-purpose verbs nobody can remember just floating around as it is.
    I agree. I also appreciate this sort of stream-lining because I know on various occasions, my customisation emails have been missed/lost and it's always awkward trying to figure out when to prod so you're not just being annoying. Should hopefully make it easier for everyone involved.
    Will it ever be implemented to allow us to just write customized goop skins without actually owning the artifact first? >.>
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Also:

How much leeway do we have for alternate nouns? For instance, snowglobes are just gooped dingbat maps of mystery. Are we confined to only doing snowglobes?

If we do a skin for a snowglobe, will a syntax be added to allow us to customise the message when you shake it?
  • @Ianir

Could we maybe get beasts added to CUSTOMIZE for the custom descs too? 

(Also, is it just me or is forums crashing?)

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Vivet said:
    help aethergoop and help aethergoop crafting
  • So if I flag that I want something customized, how will I submit the description that I want? I think I'm missing something, blame the sleep-deprivation.
  • Kalaneya said:
    So if I flag that I want something customized, how will I submit the description that I want? I think I'm missing something, blame the sleep-deprivation.
     You CUSTOMIZE <artinumber> SHORT_DESC/LONG_DESC etc. and it takes you to editor. Functions like crafting in a way.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Shaddus said:
    Will it ever be implemented to allow us to just write customized goop skins without actually owning the artifact first? >.>
    It's not in my immediate plans personally, but it's been requested a few times, so who knows what the future brings?

Shaddus said:
    Also:

How much leeway do we have for alternate nouns? For instance, snowglobes are just gooped dingbat maps of mystery. Are we confined to only doing snowglobes?

If we do a skin for a snowglobe, will a syntax be added to allow us to customise the message when you shake it?
    The customize system isn't that flexible, sadly. Nouns are a huge issue to deal with in the game.

Orventa said:
    @Ianir

Could we maybe get beasts added to CUSTOMIZE for the custom descs too? 

(Also, is it just me or is forums crashing?)
    Beasts will probably always be handled through artifacts@lusternia.com, sadly.

And yes, the forums have been weird all night.

Kalaneya said:
    So if I flag that I want something customized, how will I submit the description that I want? I think I'm missing something, blame the sleep-deprivation.
    Pick the replica you want to submit the description for and
    CUSTOMISE <replica> <SHORT_DESC/LONG_DESC/EXTENDED_DESC> <description>
    CUSTOMISE <replica> <RESET/NODECAY/SKIN> <YES/NO>
    CUSTOMISE <replica> <REVIEW/SUBMIT>
  • All goop with a small chance of some non goop stuff.

Very good promo for people who want goop. Bad promo for folks who dont want goop from the early reports.
  • So, respectfully, this promo and the April Fool's are both very underwhelming. I think a big opportunity was lost here, and I don't understand why IRE goes for snarky April Fool's over ones that everyone can benefit from. 

Here is an example of a more friendly one:

Announce post: Oh no! The leprechauns have taken over the land! We can't find a winner! Something RPish about pint-sized drunks replacing gnome merchants

Effect: Increase leprechauns to double, tons of clovers for people to finish up their quest, gets people excited

April 2: We've subdued the leprechaun uprising!!!

April 2: The leprechaun's luck is lingering! Every crate for the next x days has a chance to spawn y more crates!

Effect: Satisfying end to the weirdly lingering St. Paddy's event. April Fool's event that draws you further into the game for the coming month. People go crazy buying stuff.

Also, make crates give the person's city/guild 5/10 credits. Aetolia did this for chests, so there is a precedent.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited April 2017
    Who hasn't completed their leprechauns yet?  I have been having trouble finding people, most recently I've just been kidnapping newbies and forcing them to vote.

PS: Most 5-present-packages give the newbie around 200 aethergoop, so they get a free skinned tinderbox out of the deal!  One got a greater rune of cold resist, and one also got a vial rune (after trading things in) on top of their tinderbox.  Yay newbies.

Edit: Actually don't have anything against the rest of your idea, neat promotions are always good.  Just pointing out that the clovers themselves isn't really anything that most people would get excited about.
  • The leprechauns were merely an example you are getting hung up on.  I was using them because they are the current event.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Breandryn said:
    The leprechauns were merely an example you are getting hung up on.  I was using them because they are the current event.
    I just edited in a thing saying essentially that. :)
  • I see! yeah, I am mostly saying, "We can make this random holiday beneficial to everyone - why don't we?"
  • edited April 2017
    Ianir said:

Kalaneya said:
    Pick the replica you want to submit the description for and
    CUSTOMISE <replica> <SHORT_DESC/LONG_DESC/EXTENDED_DESC> <description>
    CUSTOMISE <replica> <RESET/NODECAY/SKIN> <YES/NO>
    CUSTOMISE <replica> <REVIEW/SUBMIT>
    So no way to change the 1p/3p message of noses. :(
  • Had some fun with the april fools curing thing. Trying to out cure it before it killed me. Tarken cheated.
    Sorry for swamping you with so many things, @Ianir. Would it be possible to add a syntax like ASHOP LIST CUSTOM to show all of the player-produced skins?
  • Shaddus said:
    Sorry for swamping you with so many things, @Ianir. Would it be possible to add a syntax like ASHOP LIST CUSTOM to show all of the player-produced skins?
    Already on my list to be honest. It just hasn't come up yet (We have had one submission so far, and it hasn't been approved yet), so I've been focusing on other things.