Looking for a Spouse

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What about someone who came out of the Portal a male, but then bought a gender bubble?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Maybe?
  • For most people it depends on a case to case basis when it comes to weird gender stuff, or even normal gender stuff that still isn't very common (like gender neutrality -points at self-). Like if someone likes men or women or even both it doesn't mean they'll like Faeie.

For instance I don't mind genderbenders but I saw a guy the other day learning it only so he could touch his new boobs and it was Deeply Disturbing. If I liked women I certainly wouldn't like a man that swaps to woman just for funsies.

Other than that when it comes to swapping with baubles or even genderbend on login it's often just safe to bet the person is either purposely playing a trans character or simply IS that gender they present as. It's ok to ask politely about it.

I know Shaddus is probably just messing around but I've a tendency to make serious well-meaning comments out of harmless jokes, just thought it might be insightful :3
  • Personally I'm more inclined to like the person, rather than care about what gender they are... Also--
    Faeie said:
    I saw a guy the other day learning it only so he could touch his new boobs
    how they act as said gender, does tend to determine my liking of them... What...
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Oh totally that's also something worth putting out there! :3

But likewise mannerisms/presentation and genitals both are factors for a lot of people. I have more in-depth thoughts about these but not worth putting them here since it's unrelated.

And yeah I... I was uncomfortable.
  • edited February 2017
    Don't you just love your family relations?
  • I don't think people understand how genderbend really works, it's putting on drag at best. You don't magically have your penis fall off with generbend, you also don't magically grow things with it be it boobs or other dangly bits.
    The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
    ISSUE ME does genderbend in Dramatics make you grow a heehee or a hoohah? Asking for a friend.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    ISSUE ME does genderbend in Dramatics make you grow a heehee or a hoohah? Asking for a friend.
    Greetings, in reply to Issue#6969 We would like to inform you that at this time it does not. If you believe this to be a game balance concern please let an envoy know. Thank you.
    The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • Well it's actually clearly not drag. If clothes defined gender then you'd need a dress to genderbend. Which you don't.

It's performance. Acting. The subtler acts that make you seem a certain gender in the eyes of other. If that clashes with your attire at all is up to the beholder.

Faeie genderbends all the time but changes none of their looks at all, and you COULD argue they change their demeanor SLIGHTLY to one side of the spectrum or the other, thus making it easier for people to assume one or the other.

You can't perform genitals. "Gender out of the portal" is not relevant data at all. Perhaps gender without defs like Genderbend (the one that appears on STAT), and even then, you could be a Male with a vagina and no one should care. You'd be playing a trans man. Could do the same playing a Female that genderbends. That's fine. Could do the same playing a Female that doesn't genderbend and just acts manly (whatever that means). It's not against the gender rules. Spoiler: There are no rules.

That said yeah that one dude probably didn't grow tits but whatever he had illusions I think so... He illusion'd some breasts? Still disturbing.
    All joking aside, this is a fantasy game and there's no way to prove genderbend doesn't make you physically that gender. Either way, here's to hoping Tirah finds a good woman :)
  • You can prove it's not physically making you the other gender.

Let's take a moment to look over what Dramatics is.

From the wiki: Dramatics is the common skill of the Performance Pool.

There's that word again "performance." Nothing about Dramatics is real, it's acting. There is an artifact to -become- the opposite gender though (Gilded Mirror: 500 Credits).

Now if we take a look at the wiki on the information of Genderbend specifically.

Genderbend

Syntax
    PERFORM GENDERBEND
    Power: 5 (Any)

You can act as though you are a member of the opposite sex, fooling even your closest relatives!

You perform it, and it states that you "act as though you are a member of the opposite sex."

There is nothing to suggest that it is anything more than Cloud acting in that weird mission.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I think you mean "that hilarious mission". 

FWIW, I've always used it as either playacting or more serious acting. I know NPCs can't tell the difference between 'male genderbending' and 'female', nor can certain quest mechanics, but I believe it took a mirror or bubble to affect stat changes in kephera. I think.
  • edited March 2017
    It's definitely a performance, which makes complete sense even to modern gender theory. Gender is a performance. Defined by how other people see you.

That said! If you wanted your character to switch genitals you can do that without genderbend. I mean I can grow boobs if I want to my writing an extra line in my description. You don't have to write it on your description (please don't) but you can grow or lose any genitals you want. It's just aesthetic in a fantasy game that lets you change your appearance at will, so yeah nothing stops you.
  • Stop derailing the thread please
  • Anyway in the end you can do all sorts of stuff with gender and I'm glad! Just wanna make a small post to appreciate this (-glares at other IRE games-) because I appreciate us being able to discuss this :3 Honestly, as a trans person I do. Even if not everyone agrees at least it's not a "No you're male or female deal with it go back to Tumblr" or whatever. Have fun playing with gender friends, it's healthy!
  • edited March 2017
    Tirah said:

-Literal mountains of <unimportant stuff> food that will be thrown at you.

-Shennanigans

Two really solid selling points. :(

Alas. Tirah is your cousin on mother Phoebus's side. Damn it, Phoebus. Ruining more things.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Reylari said:
    Tirah said:

-Literal mountains of <unimportant stuff> food that will be thrown at you.

-Shennanigans

Two really solid selling points. :(

Alas. Tirah is your cousin on mother Phoebus's side. Damn it, Phoebus. Ruining more things.
    Blame Leta, not me!
  • This is the first time THAT side of my family tree got in the way.
  • No child of mine is allowed to marry a Mzithrei. >:(

For reasons.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Shedrin said:
    No child of mine is allowed to marry a Mzithrei. >:(

For reasons.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited March 2017
    Shedrin said:
    No child of mine is allowed to marry a Mzithrei. >:(

For reasons.
    B-but... Food... That means lots of cake and pie...  :'(
  • edited March 2017

Since the funny one did not result in any suitors, here a more serious version:

Who she is:

-Trill

-Pacifist

-Loving and romantic

-Sometimes funny

-Deeply devoted to Yomoigu

-Trader and crafter

What you should be:

-Not enemied to Gaudiguch or associated guilds/gods, preferable from there, but whatever works, really.

-Female

-Preferably a Trill, Viscanti or Elfen, but at least not an Illithoid, Taurian, Igasho or Krokani

-Not be Lady Murderstone McFaceSlayer. Calm debates and ponderings are desired, not endless combat and hunting.

-Want children (preferably trill, but not required)

-Be the one taking charge in the relationship, making the steps (shy Tirah is shy)

What is to be expected?

-Romance RP, no off that married friends stuff.

-Indepth discussions about Religion, Politics and more.

-Literal mountains of clothing and food that will be thrown at you.

-Potential offspring. Like. A lot of it.

-Shennanigans.

-Probably nagging that you fight too much and cuddle/talk too little

• Faeie said:

Faeie's a cute human (look profile pic) Celestian that works really hard and is very loving. Already Guild Rank 6 and has the new factions on lock on for getting to a high rank on those and finally maybe lead something. Quality RP, very strong personality and conversations, if you want someone with character and that does more than just sit around and do nothing you won't find much better than this!

Requirements:
    -Male
    -Not skinny, beefy and/or chub welcome
    -Races, in order of preference: Dwarf, Orclach, Igasho, Krokani, [The Furries I Guess, except Furrikin] and Human
    -Interesting character and good RP
    -Not Tainted, or willing to be cleansed of the Taint
    -So not an enemy of New Celest or is willing to change that
    -Does something with his life, combatants are more than welcome, especially tanky warriors!
    -Be able to wrestle a bear with bare hands*
    -Have a beard*

Pros:
    -Pocket healer
    -Will be dating the Best Healer in the Basin
    -Very good at giving advice
    -Adorable shenanigans
    -So Much Love
    -Seriously it's sort of their thing
    -Emotionally mature
    -Is open to both monogamy and poly/openess
    -Cries a lot

Cons:
    -Poor
    -Sometimes Too Much Love
    -Talks a lot
    -Lots of emotions
    -Might be weary of marriage
    -Cries a lot

*Not actual requirement, but definitely big plus.
    Some small updates and BUMP.
  • Reylari said:
    Since both IC prospects fell through for various reasons, I decided I'm going to post here because why not.

About Reylari:
     -She's a lot nicer than she lets off, if she likes you (though sometimes she does a poor job of showing it).
     -She's very critical of most things in the Basin, that aren't Hallifax or of Hallifaxian origin. Meaning she kinda likes to argue.. Though her opinion can be changed (or at least she'll be less judgement if you convince her).
     -She's an exceptionally adorable fennec. (see profile, though it may change if I decide to reincarnate. Likely I'll get a racehat to compensate if I do.)
     -She spends a lot of her time hunting/influencing, when she has no one around to pester.
     -Enjoys pestering people. Like. A lot.
     -Sometimes fights. Usually when I feel like it, or aren't otherwise occupied IRL (nodes/revolts at least, I tend to always attend when able).

Preferences:
     -Firstly: COURT.
    I'm not slipping into anything serious within the first day or two of talking to you. (feel free to approach OOCly first though, if that's your thing)
     -Secondly: No illithoid, krokani, kephera (racehats covering these 3 races are fine, if you got one) -- Dracnari/Viscanti will take some convincing, but not outright denied like the first 3.
     -From Hallifax. Although this is becoming less possible, everyone here is taken :(
     ---> Don't be enemied to Hallifax, or be willing to get unenemied. You don't HAVE to reside in Hallifax.
     -Gender doesn't matter. She swings both ways (generally)
     -Be very willing to handle sarcasm and crude humour. She's Hallifaxian; a lot of the time she doesn't realise she's making a joke.
     -Always have cake, or some kind of sweets on hand. Don't try and feed her gravy-filled fruit like her mother did.
     -That you don't spend 90% of your waking time sitting in your manse.
     -That's it. My standards aren't very great, though it's unlikely you'll 'succeed' if you're a colossal ass.

Pros:
     -She's adorable. (see picture)
     -She's a fennec. Second best animals/species in existence, next to sugar gliders. (which she would've been, if I knew they were a thing in Lusternia prior to starting here :( )
     -Like I said. Exceptionally nice and affectionate, when you can break past her horrid barrier of sarcasm and 'wit'
     -Will probably throw money at you if you need it. She's got a lot that she only ever uses for credits anyway...So long as you don't constantly need it.
     -Also if you need something designed, I can probably do it for most things. Though you'll have to find someone to submit it for you, I aint got no cartels.

Cons:
     -If you're from Celest/Serenwilde, prepare to be judged by her parents (maybe not harshly but judged nonetheless) - Probably not as much by her. They're just mean.
     -Not willing to marry out of Windwhisper. I heard that's a con, but for some people they don't care I guess.
     -Has a hard barrier to break past, she can come across as kinda harsh when first spoken to, depending where you're from.
     -Might occasionally disappear randomly for 2-3 days (messages always available though). Being a student is tough sometimes, especially when you procrastinate A LOT.
    Bump because her other prospect fell through too. :confounded:
  • edited March 2017
    ordassa wants a spouse, though right now I cannot do more than be a slow taciturn chamber ornament.

requirements: ooc&ic chemistry. not gaudiguchian. have assets and power within city/commune.

courtship wanted. courtship also given

*pose*
    *flex*
    *give flower/candy*

a courtship does not make.
  • Reylari said:
    About Reylari:
    -She's an exceptionally adorable fennec. (see profile, though it may change if I decide to reincarnate. Likely I'll get a racehat to compensate if I do.)LOT.
    Thanks to a certain someone, this is now possible :3 Will change to whatever (barring the 'no' races) if I end up liking you enough (provided you're okay with me wearing my racehat when I feel like it. Can't give up the fox)
  • So, I am back on a semi-active basis, and looking for that lucky someone to spend the (mumble) of my life with!

Requirements:
    1) Of the south (Gaudi/Mag/Glom).
    2) Female.

Strong Preferences:
    1) Older than 200.
    2) Active at least 2-3 weeknights EST and some weekend time.
    3) At least some RP in public. Doesn't have to be nuts.
    4) Be willing to marry into the Kalas family.

Me:
    A very old male changeling that's been around the Basin more than I'd like to admit. A poor combatant (although I try, dammit!), a decent designer and tradesman, an okay RPer. I'm currently in Gaudiguch, and would like to stay there, but for the right person I'd possibly move. I'm enemied to Glomdoring right now, but am working on that...

Anything else, I'd prefer to talk about ICly or at least in game.