Simple Ideas

Comments

• So yeah on that note, I wouldn't mind an actual hard-coded army system. I guess that's not so simple, but I didn't want to make a separate thread.
  • That's why I had the idea of Ministries having their own aether/newsboard - at least then it's easy passed on to whoever is next and they can view past records like they would do in a clan. Just without the mess of a clan.
  • All you really need is one leadership clan, one defense clan and one alliance clan. Then the rest is just chit chat or cartels.
  • Anita said:
    How easy would it be for Ministries to have their own aether [and newsboard]?

I think for the likes of the Ministry of Education, Security, Power, Cultural Affairs, Librarian(?) would probably benefit from such with having a good few aides. That way keeping in touch with all aides and opening the method of communication where all can speak/post, rather than the Minister having to go around individually or trying to get meetings together. We can talk on an aether and do whatever we'd usually be doing other than meetings all the time.
    Extremely difficult. Adding one for mortal builders by itself took me about 4 hours because of how things tie in together. Doing it for multiple ministries would be a multi-day event, especially making it work so orgs can't hear each other's ministry channels (though I will say a shared library channel might be a godsend).

As well, I need to echo Falaeron's sentiment that in my time as a player, pretty much since 2005, every single joint-ministry or ministry-specific clan I've seen that's gotten raised barely gets used, or if it does, it's to give more people input on council matters and not really for ministry work (see Serenwilde's TMC).

Kerith said:
    So yeah on that note, I wouldn't mind an actual hard-coded army system. I guess that's not so simple, but I didn't want to make a separate thread.
    So, I'm personally a believer that Lusternia needs more conflict channels.

SMob raids have been nerfed into the ground and stomped on for good measure, elemental raids are laughable, don't even get me started on the bull**** that is prime raiding, wildnodes are one-dimensional, and aetherflares either come down to "who spent the most to max out their hull" or "who has the most 2-room ships to bombard". Meanwhile, the only really 'safe' battleground for everybody is Faethorn and EtherSeren and EtherGlom which ends up doing nothing but annoying the side that's not on top alliance-wise at the time (and I'm not getting into the argument about chokepoints here, don't ask me to).

This is something I've been looking into in my spare time since I got brought on as an anomaly. Another of our Gods is also looking into ways to expand this. I've also received a special report request detailing a bunch of issues and ideas for how to resolve a good number of them.

An 'army' system is admittedly one of the things we've shot down as an idea thus far, mainly because I believe at the moment we have better things on the drawing board at the moment (and hilariously, two different orgs' Patrons independently implemented ideas for one of said ideas during the faction event which, if we do go that route, saves us a lot of brainstorming).

It's on the famous (or infamous) todo list so to speak. Probably after monks and server-side curing are handled if I'm being honest here.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I wouldn't be opposed to a CTS channel for council and ministers, but including all aides might get out of hand. Do most orgs give out power aideships like candy?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    I wouldn't be opposed to a CTS channel for council and ministers, but including all aides might get out of hand. Do most orgs give out power aideships like candy?
    join hallifax
    You are now a citizen of the Grand Dominion of Hallifax.
    13740h, 13740m, 13740e, 10p, 33680en, 33680w, 100em BesSix(<-oOo->) <15:50:54.441>
    aides power
    The Minister of Power has the following aides:
    Yarith (Minister)
    Gero
    Tekora
    Asmodea
    Zyphora
    Kiradawea (available)
    Ayisdra
    Portius
    Ushaara
    Vivet
    Shonjir
    Arix
    Aethen
    Maligorn
    Allyrianne
    Pejat
    Aelanahi
    Tirah (available)
    Nordin
    Zitto
    Ilian
    Falaeron (available)
    Twytch
    Kilee
    Mica
    Reylari
    Vanyel
    Pipra
    Wondir
    I meant "do most orgs hand out power aideships like candy the way Hallifax does?"
    I used to make cakes.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Ianir said:
    Daraius said:
    join hallifax
    You are now a citizen of the Grand Dominion of Hallifax.
    13740h, 13740m, 13740e, 10p, 33680en, 33680w, 100em BesSix(<-oOo->) <15:50:54.441>
    aides power
    The Minister of Power has the following aides:
    Yarith (Minister)
    Gero
    Tekora
    Asmodea
    Zyphora
    Kiradawea (available)
    Ayisdra
    Portius
    Ushaara
    Vivet
    Shonjir
    Arix
    Aethen
    Maligorn
    Allyrianne
    Pejat
    Aelanahi
    Tirah (available)
    Nordin
    Zitto
    Ilian
    Falaeron (available)
    Twytch
    Kilee
    Mica
    Reylari
    Vanyel
    Pipra
    Wondir
    I am thoroughly surprised Cririk isn't on that list.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yes, as a holdover from when every single novice needed to be manually handed Nexus access, and every third contest was power contribution.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daraius said:
    I meant "do most orgs hand out power aideships like candy the way Hallifax does?"
    There's no reason not to hand out power aideship... not sure why you wouldn't hand it out to anyone who asks, so they can check their own status if nothing else.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Idea then: can we have powerlog as an investable power? For most citizens it automatically does POWERLOG SUMMARY <user>, with aides getting access to the blocking and snooping commands, and the minister the unblocking.
  • edited April 2017
    Daraius said:
    Someone had the beautifully simple idea of showing personal power contribution when you touch your nexus.
    50 SLOC minimum to hook it in after a full recode of power logs (and then updating everything that even touches a power log to work with it), documentation, and then every single nexus needs to be updated individually to allow for it. Not exactly 'beautifully simple'.
    That's the implementation, not the idea. :P
    I used to make cakes.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Just as an aside (not a quip), but Hallifax has consistently been able to beat monster hulls in flares if we have enough for one crew! /flex

• Agreed on powerlog. In the same vein, OFFERINGS at a god's shrine to show your own tally would be quite nice.
  • In the same vein as Delos in Achaea... Can the Avenger arena have a longer timeout for spars than standard arenas do? 2-3x the length of time would be nice.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Maybe a smaller arena that lets you CHALLENGE <PLAYER> TO THE DEATH for a short with no timers?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Luce said:
    Yes, as a holdover from when every single novice needed to be manually handed Nexus access, and every third contest was power contribution.
    Those are in the past? >_>

@Ianir Thanks for the explanation/insight. I'm not a PVPer so I don't know much about the things you mentioned. I just thought it seemed to work in the other game because it provided sort of a clearer line between those who are up for fighting and those who aren't. (Then again, in that game [or at least in the city my character was in], it was totally ok if you didn't want to PVP or couldn't.) It also provided clearer structure for the PVPers - ranks, communication channel (not a clan), etc. But if you guys have better ideas already in the pipeline, hurrah :)
  • Personally, when I was a power minister I aided each guild leader, the city leader, and every secretary and undersecretary, so if a novice showed up looking for help I could do AIDES POWER and see who was around but lurking
  • Because I am derp, and I didn't know this was a thing:

Anita said:
    Thought cmsg might be a short for communemessage. It's not.

cmsg
    Deleting all messages and resetting your message numbering to 1.

msgs
    You have no messages.

I..go cry now.

EDIT: @godpeoples, is it possible to get a confirm for deleting all of your messages? D:

Edit of my edit: cmsg isn't even in the commands in HELP MESSAGES ;-;
    Pretty please, can we get a confirm on deleting all messages.

Like YOU ARE ABOUT TO DELETE ALL OF YOUR MESSAGES, ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS? TYPE AGREE. *in caps too so it really stands out*
  • Any way that the PATH WALK command can be sped up to take advantage of any movement speed buffs? It's quite a bit slower than what mudlet mapper gives you, but I think there are some situations where I prefer PATH WALK over mapper.
  • Foehn said:
    Any way that the PATH WALK command can be sped up to take advantage of any movement speed buffs? It's quite a bit slower than what mudlet mapper gives you, but I think there are some situations where I prefer PATH WALK over mapper.
    See CHANGELOG 787.

Special thanks to @Selenity for helping work out the bugs with this one.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited April 2017
    Ianir said:
    Foehn said:
    Any way that the PATH WALK command can be sped up to take advantage of any movement speed buffs? It's quite a bit slower than what mudlet mapper gives you, but I think there are some situations where I prefer PATH WALK over mapper.
    See CHANGELOG 787.

Special thanks to @Selenity for helping work out the bugs with this one.
    Glad to help out. You did all the hard stuff though, @Ianir. Yay for speedier pathwalks!
  • Breandryn said:
    Given how many designs are scattered across all the old-guild clans, it would be pretty awesome if we got a CARTEL TRANSFER <design#> TO <new cartel> command to move around designs.

*hope*
    Yeah and to avoid people fighting over where they should go, they could just go to the city/commune so everyone there still has access. :)