QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited April 2017
    I think tea is about to take over the Glomdoring...

You scent at the air, your skilled nose picking up the faint traces of others in 
    the surrounding area.
    Tyamit: 1409, 5029       twisted forest
    Tarken: 1409, 5029       twisted forest
    Trajarian: 1411          thick shrubs
    Tylwyth: 1411            thick shrubs
    -

Edit: Actually, though!

**********************[ THE FREE ALLIANCE OF GLOMDORING ]**********************
    Commune Member          Rank                     Position                    CT
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tau     shadowdancer(h) Shadow Warden            Commune Aide                On
    Trajarian               Night's Tender                                       On
    Tarken  shadowdancer(h) Shadow Warden            Commune Aide                On
    Rancourashadowdancer(h) Shadow Warden            Commune Aide                On
    Tyamit     ebonguard(h) Shadow Warden                                        On
    Tylwyth      blacktalon Shadow Warden            Commune Aide                On
    *******************************************************************************

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Breandryn said:
    I wasn't sure if it was everyone. I thought the game may have felt pity for my newbishness and was trying to help me out. :P
    I sent a frantic bug report when I saw my claymore...thought it appeared as a result of me throwing a shot glass to Aanisah and bugging out. Nothing beats having to append a bug the next day because you're a Huge Dork.

:#
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • mispost
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Rancoura said:
    I think tea is about to take over the Glomdoring...

You scent at the air, your skilled nose picking up the faint traces of others in 
    the surrounding area.
    Tyamit: 1409, 5029       twisted forest
    Tarken: 1409, 5029       twisted forest
    Trajarian: 1411          thick shrubs
    Tylwyth: 1411            thick shrubs
    -

Edit: Actually, though!

**********************[ THE FREE ALLIANCE OF GLOMDORING ]**********************
    Commune Member          Rank                     Position                    CT
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tau     shadowdancer(h) Shadow Warden            Commune Aide                On
    Trajarian               Night's Tender                                       On
    Tarken  shadowdancer(h) Shadow Warden            Commune Aide                On
    Rancourashadowdancer(h) Shadow Warden            Commune Aide                On
    Tyamit     ebonguard(h) Shadow Warden                                        On
    Tylwyth      blacktalon Shadow Warden            Commune Aide                On
    *******************************************************************************
    I think half of the Sowers start with A, for what it's worth.
  • Checking my inventory and notice...
    ...gaudy falcon-feather scarf, a black velvet scarf emblazoned with crimson jewels...

Well, that's weird. The falcon scarf should have vanished after hunting...2 days ago and where is this 2nd scarf from?

You remove a gaudy falcon-feather scarf.

You slip into a gaudy falcon-feather scarf.
    As you don a gaudy falcon-feather scarf and throw one long end over your shoulder, a noble falcon flaps out from a fold in the fabric.

"falcon103638"                          a keen-eyed falcon

O.o Weird. Ok what about the other scarf?

You remove a gaudy falcon-feather scarf.

You remove a black velvet scarf emblazoned with crimson jewels.

You store -1 falconscarf in the rift.

ex scarf
    What do you wish to examine?

Defensively raising your hands, you back away from this predicament slowly.
  • Afk in my manse, come back to find this in the buffer:

Shintar, riding a slender wyvern with feathered wings, arrives in a cone of sparkling light.
    A slender wyvern glides in from the ether on her feathered wings.

Shintar nods his head sagely at himself.

Shintar strokes a homunculus resembling a deformed furrikin tenderly.

A homunculus resembling a deformed furrikin says, "Why always with the touching??"

A homunculus resembling a deformed furrikin gives a pained sigh.

Shintar, riding a slender wyvern with feathered wings, leaves to the ether.
    With a flap of its feathered wings, a slender wyvern glides off to the ether.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Reylari said:
    (Polaris): Yarith says, "Good suffer."
    5983h, 8225m, 7300e, 10p, 0em xkd- (02:11:56:698)
    (Polaris): Taer (from the Aetherways) says, "^."
    6459h, 8300m, 7300e, 10p, 0em exkd- (02:12:03:372)
    (Polaris): You say, "Fight me m8."
    6459h, 8300m, 7300e, 10p, 0em exkd- (02:12:04:083)
    (Polaris): Yarith (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "No :(."
    6800h, 8300m, 7300e, 10p, 0em exkd- (02:12:14:423)
    (Polaris): You say, "Das what i thought."
    6800h, 8300m, 7300e, 10p, 0em exkd- (02:12:21:312)
    (Polaris): Ianir says, "I'll fight you."
    6800h, 8300m, 7300e, 10p, 0em exkd- (02:12:39:213)
    This room has not been mapped.
    Within the burning heart of Brother Sun.
    There are no obvious exits.
    You quickly burn in the blaze of the heart of Brother Sun, meeting your end as the intense flame touches 
    your flesh.
    You have been slain by the heart of Brother Sun.
    A stalk of faeleaf falls out of your inventory.
    A sparkleberry falls out of your inventory.
    The mortal threads of your being severed, you scream in agony as the Divine spark within you enfolds your 
    body with scorching flames.
    You are transported by the power of the Divine.
    (p) 0h, 8300m, 6300e, 10p, 0em ex-  (02:12:43:110)
    (m&mf): We died.

Rood ass, didn't even let me prepare! Just you wait. When you're sleeping I'm gonna go and mess up your pots and pans, rearrange your cutlery and then steal one from every pair of your socks.   :#

Should bathed in had frost. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Everiine tells you, "// Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better."
  • As you have had no class, no insult intended, this classflex instance has had its cost and cooldown waived.

Nice.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

I woulda been Asquith from this sketch in that clan. 
  • Ianir the Anomaly says, "Alright, go chill the giant-ass nails."

"Ahah!" you exclaim triumphantly.

The Pit of the Necromentate.
    The huge bulbous brain of the Necromentate pulsates within the pit below. There are 1107 spikes 
    sticking out of the Necromentate. Warhammer in hand, Kunthin Shadowarm stands here rigidly. A sigil 
    in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Ianir the Anomaly is here, wreathed 
    in divine fire.

The spike is almost 5 feet in length, but relatively thin, tapered and resembling an enormous needle.
    Extremely smooth and polished, its forging is too perfect for being hand-made, so it probably came 
    from a mold.
    It weighs about 2 pounds and 10 ounce(s).
    It has the following aliases: spike.

You say, "Oh wow, that's the first I've realized they're 5 feet long."

You wipe the back of your hand across your head in relief as you mutter, "Whew."

Ianir the Anomaly says, "5 feet, yeah, I didn't know that either."

"Heh heh heh" you chuckle.

Ianir the Anomaly says, "I was expecting like a foot at most."

Ianir glances askance.

You say, "That's what she..."

You cough softly.

You say, "Anyways."

Ianir snickers softly to Himself.

You say to Ianir, "Thanks for the assistance."

Ianir the Anomaly says, "Go give 'em some shrinkage then."

You smirk.

Outside smouldering ruins of the Bell-Tower.
    A fresh breeze is blowing through the area. A monument to Baalphegar casts its long shadow over the 
    filthy flagstones here. A gas lamp casts pale, ghostly light across the streets from atop a tall, 
    ornately gilded iron post. A statue of Kanaya stands here, memorialising her noble spirit. Great 
    wings spread, an exotic giant moth is here, resting for a moment.
    You see exits leading east and west.

You say to Ianir, "Let me just place them in this, uh, hole..."

You put an iron spike into a hole.
    An iron spike slides easily into a hole.
    [HINT]: To finish, GET SPIKE FROM HOLE and take the spike out from the hole and give it to Kunthin 
    at the Necromentate, underground.

Frost suddenly covers a monument to Baalphegar.

You take an ice-cold iron spike from a hole.
  • You greet Rotbark, the Blackhearted with a sincere smile.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "I will join the Thornwatch, and guide the evolution of the Wyrd."

You greet Rotbark, the Blackhearted with a sincere smile.

His voice creeping through his knotholes in a haunting moan, Rotbark, the Blackhearted says, "Shall you watch the forest eternal? Between thorn and root and soil and vine?"

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Aye, I do. My watch shall be unyielding, Rotbark."

One of Rotbarks' many branches lashes down and strikes Xenthos's hand, spearing through it as if it were a needle through cloth. As the limb retracts, a curved barb of a thorn remains.

You say to Rotbark, the Blackhearted, "I will join the thornwatch and guide the evolutoin of the wyrd."

His voice creeping through his knotholes in a haunting moan, Rotbark, the Blackhearted says, "Shall you watch the forest eternal? Between thorn and root and soil and vine?"

[1] Aye, I do. My watch shall be unyielding, Rotbark.

You say, "Aye, I do. My watch shall be unyielding, Rotbark."

One of Rotbark's many branches lashes down and strikes your hand, spearing through it as if it were a needle through cloth. As it retracts, a curved barb of a thorn remains.

(Thornwatch): Rotbark, the Blackhearted says, "Another seeks to watch and wait through the thorns. Tylwyth's eyes shall peer forever through the darkness."

WOOT!

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I like how his name is only two letters off, but carries much different connotations.
  • Wyrdenwood - the race where, in their timeline, name violations are not the same.
  • Uh, you mean Lasher Wyrmwood?
    Rotbark is not the same guy?

• Tylwyth said:
    Uh, you mean Lasher Wyrmwood?
    Rotbark is not the same guy?
    Is Rotbark not a Wyrdenwood? Does he have branches for some other reason?
  • Course he's a wyrdenwood? I though you were refering to lashers last name.
    What are you talking about then?

• Tylwyth said:
    Course he's a wyrdenwood? I though you were refering to lashers last name.
    Rotbark's name is two words - rot bark. If he were a player, he would be told to change his name because of this(help 4.24). I was making a joke that because Wyrdenwoods are not from this timeline, and that he has the two-word name, that they must have different name rules in that timeline.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ayisdra said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Course he's a wyrdenwood? I though you were refering to lashers last name.
    Rotbark's name is two words - rot bark. If he were a player, he would be told to change his name because of this(help 4.24). I was making a joke that because Wyrdenwoods are not from this timeline, and that he has the two-word name, that they must have different name rules in that timeline.

POOR NAMES
    ----------
    - silly or offensive names of any kind, even dictionary words.

- multiple words:
            - Which spell a phrase (thegreatone, slowhead, lordsmith)
            - Which appear to combine a first name and family name or
              a name with title. (kingfred, johnsmith). It is possible to
              have a family name, or a title in addition to your name - 
              you don't need to amalgamate them!
            - Which are otherwise inappropriate.
            - NB Some multiple word names are ok, like those with a
              native american flavour, or those which appear to all intents
              and purposes to be a single name but can be broken down
              into component words (e.g. Laysus, Doman, Rattusk)

Choosing a name in the POOR category may result in a name change at the
    discretion of the guides.

Blame the guides.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.