Web Client Curing?

Heya folks,

I'm a Lusternia newbie, only level 7 at the moment so this question won't become too pressing until a bit later, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask now before the issue is staring me right in the face.

My understanding is that there is, as of yet, no serious server side curing system in place here. Normally I would simply download a MUD client and set up a script myself, but alas, I currently only have access to a chromebook so the web client is my only option. I know that the web client is script capable, but I've been given the impression that it is a bit more of a challenge to say the least.

So I suppose my question is: what should I do to manage curing and scripting in general? Should I just hunker down and learn how best to script the web client or is there a better option that you could recommend?

I hope this isn't a silly question. Thanks for any advice or info.  :)

Comments

• edited May 2017
    https://sites.google.com/site/breandryn/home/code

This is a basic system for the webclient, using firstaid to cure afflictions. It's not fancy but it should work for curing as you hunt and for basic combat.

Use: Simply IMPORT the file from the import page of the nexus settings tab. Type CUREALL after installation to create variables (and if you ever need to reset system).

• *Whistles* Wow, that is a heavy duty script. Thanks so much. It would've taken me a long time to put together something half as thorough as that.
  • edited May 2017
    Let me know if anything breaks or goes wrong. At some point I'll be making some other parts, like for bashing and aetherhunting, but I've been a bit busy. I'll make a post when I have more added.

The webclient is actually pretty easy to script in - it's mostly just point and click - but you need to have the logic figured out beforehand.
  • This is amazing! I'll keep an eye out. This will also hopefully make it a lot easier for me to learn how to write some scripts myself.
  • As a quick note, @Silmor, I'm going to be adding server-side curing (hopefully by early July at the very latest, life allowing) to the game. I am looking for a newbie's perspective as to what could be useful in that, so if you get any ideas as you go along about what might be useful, feel free to comment at: http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/3015/server-side-curing 
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • @Ianir Thanks for letting me know. I'll pop over and see if I can be of help.
  • Breandryn said:
    https://sites.google.com/site/breandryn/home/code

This is a basic system for the webclient, using firstaid to cure afflictions. It's not fancy but it should work for curing as you hunt and for basic combat.

Use: Simply IMPORT the file from the import page of the nexus settings tab. Type CUREALL after installation to create variables (and if you ever need to reset system).

It is hard to express how much love I have for this, @Breandryn!