Trill Minutia

AynAyn
edited May 2017 in Q&A
How much of a trill body is covered in feathers? Just the wing/head? All of their body? Does it vary from trill to trill? Is it hereditary? Is there a lot of variation in coloring? In feather length? In feather texture?

What are at the ends of their arms? Legs? Do they lay eggs? How do they care for their young? Do they have beaks? What is their family structure like? Social bonds?

What are common Trill personality tropes? Are they loyal? Obedient? Prone to bureaucracy (I mean, have you /seen/ hallifax? whose fault was that?)?

There isn't terribly much about Trillillial in the history or the lore wiki. And it's not clear how much mortals inherit from their elder ancestors after so many generations.

*cough* I may be getting a bit of a bug for drawing my character and hallifax. More dumb and excessively detailed questions soon I bet.

Feel free to say "shut up and just art" too though.

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    In general, Trill are understood to be humanoids with wings and certain bird-like features, without containing many explicit bird features. So you won't see a trill denizen with the full head of an eagle or big talons on their feet. But, a trill might have facial features that remind the observer of a hawk, or sharp, dark nails that are reminiscent of talons.

Most trill have feathers on their wings and head. Some down their legs and arms. I don't recall seeing a trill denizen that was completely covered in feathers (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Variations are often explained as coming from interracial breeding with the humans or just different 'kinds' of trills, much like humans are wildly different in skin tones, body structure, hair covering, etc.

We've had lots of discussions about trill reproduction, and the general player opinion is that trill have live births, so no eggs.

When it comes to colouring, if you can imagine it, you can have it! In the natural world there are so many different colours and designs for bird feathers. You can emulate a real bird, or make up your own colouring.

Trill are often associated with art and beauty (in a previous version of the races, Trill had a bonus to the Seduction influencing abilities). In the history of the Elder Wars, Trillilial's love of things beautiful, colours, and a happiness towards life is a constrast to Xyl's colder, more calculating, scientific mind. Of course, every trill is different, and you can create any personality you want.

Ev's been a trill his entire life (my entire 10+ years of playing), so feel free to hit him up if you want some racial RP!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    1) Just feathers on wings and on top of head. No beaks. Very tall. Lots of variation in length/texture/color. Go nuts.

2) Families are up for debate, but the largest trill families tend to be artistic and cultural houses. To illustrate, Hallifax has only one lucidian Master Artist family, compared to the rest of the Master Artists being trill families. Windwhisper is to my knowledge the only trill historical family run by players atm, and it's a cultural house. (Clarramore is a good merchant NPC family to investigate as well in the Clarramore Cloud Gardens - they have a sort of manor structure.) They're considered the more emotional of Hallifax's two main races, lucidians being the more logical, but that doesn't mean there aren't serious or methodical trills out there. 

3) Estarra has said re: eggs it depends on if the trill has boobs. Humans have infiltrated some of the trill bloodline, so the more human you are, the more likely it is you didn't hatch from an egg (She was probably kidding but that's literally all we know on this subject).

4) If you're curious about Trillillial, bother @Isune's Fulcrux sometime and ask about it. She's her sister and therefore would know a lot!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited May 2017
    Trill typically look like slender, tall humans wit feathers for hair and wings. Colours can be anything, really, despite what the helpfile says (Just look at some trill npcs in halli). I believe that the general consense is egg laying, but as soon as there is a hint of human in the bloodline, live birth becomes possible. No beaks and normal human hands and feet.

They tend to be loyal and artistic, personality wise, the bureaucracy thing in halli is more coming from the lucidians.

Edit: Meep. Two other answers while I was typing!
  • Thanks for all the comments :smile: It helps a lot!
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Sylandra said:
    lucidians being the more logical, but that doesn't mean there aren't serious or methodical trills out there. 

I dunno man, lucidians are literally an open book when it comes to emotions : ^)

• Maligorn said:
    Sylandra said:
    lucidians being the more logical, but that doesn't mean there aren't serious or methodical trills out there. 

I dunno man, lucidians are literally an open book when it comes to emotions : ^)
    And they have like...four of them!
  • More than four, lucidians have like six or seven emotes

• Tirah said:
    Maligorn said:
    Sylandra said:

And they have like...four of them!
    Add ten to that number
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Insert joke about mood rings. (I love you lucis)

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Maligorn said:
    Insert joke about mood rings. (I love you lucis)

?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yes?