Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Shaddus said:
    Today I had to remind myself that some people are just never going to be happy unless things revolve around them.
    Says you.
  • For someone who is mostly playing the game to RP, I am incredibly bad at finding it and only ever hang with the same few people because I am such an introvert.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Tirah said:
    For someone who is mostly playing the game to RP, I am incredibly bad at finding it and only ever hang with the same few people because I am such an introvert.
    When I'm logged in (I... do plan to log in again once RL crap calms down) I regularly check RPWHO. Nobody seems to use it, but, hey, maybe bringing it up will make it noticed again. :o
  • I always have RPWHO on
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    We should have a HERMITwho for the people who are hermits. Ijs.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Isune said:
    Sylandra said:
    We should have a HERMITwho for the people who are hermits. Ijs.
    If time played / time in aetherways * 100 = 50%

then flag player as 'hermit';

elseif time played / time in aetherways * 100 >= 85%

then flag player as "easydemigod"

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Luce pls come in and induct me into Hallifax? Pls?

:(

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Orti said:
    @Luce pls come in and induct me into Hallifax? Pls?

:(
    It... Literally just occurred to me that no ambassador means we need to rewrite that process. I'll be on tonight Chairmaning anyway, I'll poke at that too.
  • Irillia said:
    I'm going to be mildly-yet-annoyingly pedantic
    Technically shouldn't it be time in aetherways / time played * 100 >= 50 ? Since the way it's originally worded, you'd only ever get flagged if you had 50% of your time spent there; If it's 50.5% you're good.  ;)
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Not enough Hallifaxian.

First of all, multiplying by 100 is redundant. 

Time in Aetherways/Time Played >= .5

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Orti said:
    Not enough Hallifaxian.

First of all, multiplying by 100 is redundant. 

Time in Aetherways/Time Played >= .5
    Rapture doesn't do decimals, iirc.
  • edited May 2017
    Fyler said:
    Ya'll need a hobby. Hallifaxians scare me.

I think it's just the nature of it is the kind of people it attracts.

I've always liked Hallifax. And it probably has to do with the fact that I have a BS in Physics. I think Xenthos has something to do with cyber security and I'm sure Xenthos would also be a Hallifaxian if he weren't in an abusive relationship with the Tainted Bird in the dirty Tainted Forest and didn't have a reputation to consider.

PS: I love you Xentos <3

• If you're not allowing decimals, its time in aetherways * 100 / time played, because otherwise the value can truncate after the division and end up as 0*100. Then we'd have no hermits, which is patently false.
  • edited May 2017
    But exp shows as decimals pre-Demigod, so it's obviously capable of calculating/displaying them since there's still a back-end value for experience, before displaying the percentage.

Orti said:
    I think it's just the nature of it is the kind of people it attracts.
    This is kind of scary now that I think about it. IT is my field, some sort of IT or sciency thing is Yarith's and I think Phoebus too. Kialkarkea is doing math or something... Off the top of my head... I'm sure there's a lot more. Not to mention like almost everyone in Hallifax can code decently to some degree.

Omg.  :#
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Reylari said:
    But exp shows as decimals pre-Demigod, so it's obviously capable of calculating/displaying them since there's still a back-end value for experience, before displaying the percentage.

My (very limited) understanding is that the end result of a calculation can end up being a decimal, but you wouldn't be able to plop that result into a variable to use for future purposes.  Unless things have changed, Roark (many years ago) was able to get things to work as a "decimal" by creative use of multiplication and division on the process to get the desired end effect on the result.

I don't really know exactly how it works, I just remember that he complained about it being a hassle and had to do a bunch of workarounds to get it to work as desired.
  • Reylari said:
    ...Not to mention like almost everyone in Hallifax can code decently to some degree.

um...exception here
  • Ordassa said:
    Reylari said:
    ...Not to mention like almost everyone in Hallifax can code decently to some degree.

um...exception here
    We can fix that!
  • edited May 2017
    Vivet said:
    Reylari said:
    Not to mention like almost everyone in Hallifax can code decently to some degree.
    This is one of those times I'm the exception to the rule. Woohoo!
    "almost" is the keyword in that sentence. No exceptions necessary.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Two big posts. Two hours ago. Still pretty sure I forgot something.
  • RIP Toshiba Satellite circa 2011. You have died the true death, you will be missed :(
This discussion has been closed.