Simple Ideas

Comments

• A mini quest that allows one to fly in high winds
  • edited May 2017
    Please make Artisan crafted boxes repairable via Maintain, and/or NoDecay if fitted with a lock.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • SazSaz
    edited May 2017
    Not a direct solution but "msgs delete from system" helped me with those.
    On an irrelevant note "msgs delete from decay" (or a variation of it) could be a good option too, there're some system msgs people are attached to.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Now that we don't have to OUTR herbs (among other things) and can just use them straight from the rift, I don't get an indication of how much is left. Can we add that particular function back in?

For example, used to be that you had to OUTR and you got this message: You remove 1 earwort, bringing the total in the rift to 355.

• Maligorn said:
    Now that we don't have to OUTR herbs (among other things) and can just use them straight from the rift, I don't get an indication of how much is left. Can we add that particular function back in?

For example, used to be that you had to OUTR and you got this message: You remove 1 earwort, bringing the total in the rift to 355.

I ate 10 extra cookies by mistake once cos it did not stop when I finished the ones I took from the rift :(
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Maligorn said:

Yeah, that thing has broken my own personal herb-tracker (just shows herbs in alphabetical order, I find it easier to check than IR).  Maybe just have it be a line right before eating:
    "You remove 1 x from the rift, bringing the total to y."
    "You eat x."

That way you're not breaking the "eat" line by adding text to it.
  • Breandryn said:
    TM INFO - Shows all cartels you are Tradesmaster for
    TM LIST - Shows cartel's CATALOGUE LIST for every cartel you are Tradesmaster for
    TM STATUS - Shows overall breakdown for submissions for all cartels you are Tradesmaster for (eg maxes/submitted)
    TM CURRENT - Shows all designs in submit/reject stage

More ideally, delete cartels and let us design our own stuff without 1 million gold investment but until then, some ideas for improving juggling the dozen+ cartels we need to own to have private IP.
    I think I'd rather see that follow either CLAN or CARTEL, just so I don't have to remember a separate command.

CARTEL TM INFO etc.
  • Make it so that Market posts cost 

(LOG[Player level]*100)*post^2

where 'post' is the number of Market posts within the last hour
  • @Estarra - can we have the LOL button on these forums, pretty please? 
  • Versalean said:
    @Estarra - can we have the LOL button on these forums, pretty please? 
    @Estarra And the dislike, which is different from disagree.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited June 2017
    Would it be possible to introduce a different syntax for divorcing? Like, part ways: requires both partners to be in the Hall of Records. The reason I'm asking is because, well, divorce is such an ugly word with negative connotations. Similarly, I'm pretty sure divorce entails a hit to family honour...and it shows up on your honours. The reason for this syntax, then, is to ensure a mutual, and friendly "divorce" between people that want to leave each other on good terms. Reduced family honour loss, idk.

Alternatively, abolish the word divorce altogether, esp. given its OOC connotations.

• edited June 2017
    Maligorn said:
    Would it be possible to introduce a different syntax for divorcing? Like, part ways: requires both partners to be in the Hall of Records. The reason I'm asking is because, well, divorce is such an ugly word with negative connotations. Similarly, I'm pretty sure divorce entails a hit to family honour...and it shows up on your honours. The reason for this syntax, then, is to ensure a mutual, and friendly "divorce" between people that want to leave each other on good terms. Reduced family honour loss, idk.

Alternatively, abolish the word divorce altogether, esp. given its OOC connotations.
    How about "conscious uncoupling"? >_>

Edit: Not trying to make fun of the idea or disagree with it, just couldn't help myself.
  • Much as I'd love more reactions also, we just have very limited control over what is available on this iteration of our forums. Sorry guys! 
  • Isune said:
    Much as I'd love more reactions also, we just have very limited control over what is available on this iteration of our forums. Sorry guys! 
    That's okay, thanks for letting us know. :)
  • Maligorn said:

I'm not sure if the requiring both to be present would work, since a lot of the time one of them has gone dormant forever and the other may want to get on with their lives.

Like with Mael and Orv, oocly agreed that he icly passed on, and he would have wanted her to live her life rather than pine away. 

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Orventa said:
    Maligorn said:

I'm not sure if the requiring both to be present would work, since a lot of the time one of them has gone dormant forever and the other may want to get on with their lives.

Like with Mael and Orv, oocly agreed that he icly passed on, and he would have wanted her to live her life rather than pine away. 
    This happened to my character in another game. I wished she could've been marked as "widowed" rather than "divorced."
  • The ability to anchor dolls in a manse, the same way you can anchor curios!
  • Can you just keep your dollhouse in a  manse?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Tylwyth said:
    Can you just keep your dollhouse in a  manse?
    The dollhouse is an artifact, so it resets to you.
  • the ability to search through the extended desc of all ADs for a specific word. Like AD SEARCH <the curio piece I want and have to manually check every last ad for :( >

Stay tuned ... yes I have been saying this a lot re: curios, but I am super hopeful!
  • You have completed the special event quest a total of 6 times for the month of June. You have completed this quest today. You will receive a special reward upon completing the quest a total of 21 times.

Any chance of getting the bold added? I'm not suggesting this should be high-priority or that it's solving a problem that my memory shouldn't be solving, but the struggle is real. If there is a five-minute way of doing so, it'd save me a whole lot of head-scratching.
  • Could we have world library and world stage as landmarks on Avechna's Peak?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Could we have the path/landmarks system actually be useable? Whatever the room radius is, it's too small. You can't path walk from the aetherplex to Avechna. Makes the whole thing seem pointless, especially for people learning their way around. I'd say so long as you're on a highway or on the peak, you ought to be able to use landmarks and path walk from any distance. Make it slower movement if it's from farther away, if necessary for some reason.
  • edited June 2017
    Can you please make readlog without an argument output a list of logs we have reading privs for?