Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia!

1151617181921»

Comments

• Yeah town was a bit OP this game.  Also yes Selenity told me that you guys could have ordered me to kill somebody while I was still fire nation.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Great flavor text though. Here's mine.

N1) Learn Bending from @Falaeron

You look at the horizon briefly as you approach a strange sharp mound of rock that looks oddly tent-like. Before you even get to open your mouth, you hear a familiar voice from the creation...

"What is it, Twinkle Toes?"

"Oh... uhh..." you stumble, before finding your verbal footing. "Hey, Toph... I was wondering if you could teach me some earth bending."

"I'm tired," she says. "Let's do it tomorrow."

"Please?" you ask meekly.

She sighs out, "Fine. Start by feeling the earth beneath you."

You furrow your brow. She's not even watching you, how will she know if you're earth bending? "Wait, shouldn't you come out of there so you can see if I'm doing things correctly?"

All of the sudden the rock formation parts just enough for Toph to stick her head out and stare at you with her... blind... eyes...

"... oh, right."

She moves back from the hole she's created and seals it up. "As I was saying, start by feeling the earth beneath you..."

You have learned earth bending from Toph!

At night, you may choose one style of bending that you have learned and use it! Toph has taught you to EARTH BEND TENT. This will make you immune to night attacks.

--------

N2) Learn bending from Zitto

You whistle to yourself, seeking out Zitto to learn from. As you approach their black and red tent, you notice something quite important. They're not there.

As you turn around, a small knife goes screaming through the air right for your head. You quickly duck out of the way and look in the direction from which it came. Mai.

"If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to sneak up on me, Avatar," she says coolly, holding knives between her fingers.

"Nope. Not me. Nuh-uh. You have the wrong Avatar," you say quickly as you look around. Left. Right. An exit.

"Don't even think about it." She throws a handful of knives at you and you quickly spin your glider staff to make a shield of air, sending the knives flying off into the trees.

"I don't want to fight you," you say, looking at Mai as she approaches.

She shrugs. "I don't really care, I do what Azula says, and Azula wants you dead." She lifts her other hand of knives. As she sends her arm forward, you launch yourself into the air, leaving a flurry of knives to pierce the ground where you once stood. You don't look back for a second. You have to hide yourself. If they find you, you'll be dead!

YOU ARE NOW IN HIDING. YOU CANNOT POST ON DAY 3. YOU CANNOT BE LYNCHED ON DAY 3.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Portius said:
    And essentially inevitable, since  totally kill immune Toph has very little reason not to reveal on day one, confirm herself through obvious day power, and start acting as an investigator. Which ensures that Aang knows who to target, although Toph couldn't have known about that advantage.
    For sure. That's the main reason I tried hard not to off Falaeron ASAP. I knew I could get sweet bending skillz. >_>

Almost targeted @Czixi since she read as town, ahaha. Didn't suspect her for a second tbh.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ..... Four kinds of investigators.
    edited June 2017
    Zitto said:
    ..... Four kinds of investigators.
    Basically a role cop/power cop, yeah. The balance I thought was that if I targeted mafia, I couldn't reveal the info for a whole dayphase.

I was stunned when other investigators revealed tbh. I thought it was lie detector + me. Was also stunned with Appa as lynchproof.
    Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Now I'm wondering if Sylandra's investigation came from her targeting Zitto, or Zitto targeting her.

Red and black tent is identifying Zitto as fire nation pretty hard (the look like town power evidently does not protect from that.) and seems like it would come from Sylandra's power. But Zitto trying to kill her and admitting to obeying Azula is confirming as mafia rather than miller, which seems to come from Zitto's power. Outing as Mai could come from either.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    edited June 2017
    Portius said:
    Now I'm wondering if Sylandra's investigation came from her targeting Zitto, or Zitto targeting her.

Red and black tent is identifying Zitto as fire nation pretty hard (the look like town power evidently does not protect from that.) and seems like it would come from Sylandra's power. But Zitto trying to kill her and admitting to obeying Azula is confirming as mafia rather than miller, which seems to come from Zitto's power. Outing as Mai could come from either.
    I can answer this. It came from me targeting him. The irony also is if I hadn't targeted him, I'd have died.
    Daraius said:
  • My role was so OP (hence my bold plays).
  • Also, @Sylandra, I totally got your hint that you were Aang :>
  • I actually did pretty good with my role guesses, though I completely whiffed on Czixi being mafia.  That was a startlingly large blind spot.  In my internalized version of roles, I had Sylandra as Aang who went into the spirit world.  Ergo, I expected to see Koh around and was beginning to size up Fyler for that role.  But besides Czixi and Fyler, everyone else matched up with what I knew or suspected.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    (It seems to me like Falaeron's early and random confirmation that Czixi was apparently town would've really borne fruit for Czixi if the game lasted a lot longer.)

• But yes...CAN SEE NOW WHY I WAS OPEN TO WEIRD ROLES?!?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sips tea quietly. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Oh yeah I saw Shaddus do that on the very first post and was just internally like "omg you might as well have just name claimed right out the door"
  • Also can I just say, I was so fucking upset when jolteon randomly picked me out and I triggered his lie detector. Like all the investigator-ish people were scary accurate with their targets this game.
    Falaeron said:
    Also, @Sylandra, I totally got your hint that you were Aang :>
    :> "Maybe someone learned something last night?" indeed!
    Daraius said:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    If we had Wondir instead of Czixi, then Mafia chat would basically have been one of my IG clans. I was incredibly amused.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I pinged @Czixi as mafia round one. She tried a cautious lynch build on me - look at her semi-hostile push at me round one.