Return of the Nagasith and Sileni

2»

Comments

• Ejderha said:
    Versalean said:
    I'm more confused about the cooldown. Why give it a one-year cooldown on a one-year effect? I mean, why not just let me changeling into them once I have the curios?

EDIT: Just want to add to the ********** of people saying that the promo is tres cool. And that I'm glad Ianir erred on the side of caution on this one. It could have been very different.
    My unconfirmed assumption is that it is to stop people from trading away the curio after they have changed race. Also, it is flavored as a temporary thing, not "really" being that race, as it does not require race change/changeling/reincarnation in the first place. 
    Then I'm -triply- confused.

Change.
    Trade mask to you for a credit I just gave you.
    Get it back in a year.
    Repeat.
  • Versalean said:
    Ejderha said:
    Versalean said:
    I'm more confused about the cooldown. Why give it a one-year cooldown on a one-year effect? I mean, why not just let me changeling into them once I have the curios?

EDIT: Just want to add to the ********** of people saying that the promo is tres cool. And that I'm glad Ianir erred on the side of caution on this one. It could have been very different.
    My unconfirmed assumption is that it is to stop people from trading away the curio after they have changed race. Also, it is flavored as a temporary thing, not "really" being that race, as it does not require race change/changeling/reincarnation in the first place. 
    Then I'm -triply- confused.

Change.
    Trade mask to you for a credit I just gave you.
    Get it back in a year.
    Repeat.
    Yeah, thought had crossed my mind too. Have not tested it, since I have broken my share of things already
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited June 2017
    Race stuff are at a good level of balance. The problem most people I've spoken to have is that not only are these curios (which is a topic that has already been covered many times), they're also only obtainable as a chance from each wheel spin. I've only got a really small sample size but the chance of a race curio package seems to be around 10%. Given the many wheel nerfs, both directly and indirectly, it's just not that appealing to me and many others right now. Definitely not at $40 for 25 spins.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited June 2017
    The idea of demi/demi+ perks being limited to a once per x charge seems weird when all the others are either always passively available or on demand available.

Seems far too restrictive.

Edit: Also the Sileni 50+ perk offers nothing to none bards, no other race in the game has a completely classlocked perk. Edit: Disregard that bit I missed the first bit.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    The demi+ of sileni is fairly redundant. We could improve the demigod perk to have a cooldown of 2 ig days. Demi+ should be something entirely different, imo.

• The two new races being weaker at first is a good move. It's at least a better move than being OP'd and trying to hurriedly nerf them down. I'm sure those who pioneered getting the curios from the very start won't feel too bad if they get buffed in the future - obviously, they saw enough value to want to get access to it already, so if its value is going up in the future (via buffs), they can only become even happier.

Just gotta be careful about what the helpfile(s) say - if the ability isn't meant to be an escape ability (which is perfectly fine), then we want to avoid a case where people start complaining they didn't get what was advertised. 

The 1 year expiry is definitely a little weird. In fact, reading up on this, a question popped into my head: are either of these two races amaneusis-able (via the wonderpipe)? 

Not sure if it is because of code limitations of enabling a race via a curio, but if the idea is to prevent people sharing around the curio and granting access to it with multiple people, maybe just disabling trading for it until its owner is no longer that race would be a better thing to do.

Another question I have would be, what will happen when the access to the race expires? Will the owner have his race turned back to his previous race automatically?

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Not currently available via wonderpipe, but that is being discussed / considered.
  • Yeah, I'm pretty much banking on it being enabled to work with wonderpipes down the road, otherwise it will be pretty useless for me.  The demi/demi+ just isn't good enough compared to the others to justify it taking the main race slot.

Still a cool promo regardless.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Idea for Sileni+,replace the planar range, instead make it so that instead of the demi power activating automatically, when it would activate it opens a 3s window where you can input <flavorful return command> to return to your bonded location.

Still limited at once per month.  Would actually make it a very useful one off.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Bug #19123   Status: Idea
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------[Chirbi on 6/4/2017 @ 18:13 ideas]------
    can the quest event clarify if the task has been completed for the current day?
  • Does anyone know what the modified tell lines look like for each race?
  • Thanks @Xenthos for the demo:

Xenthos hisses sibilantly into the corner of your mind, "((Demonstrating Nagasith.))"
    Xenthos's melodic voice sings into your mind, "((Demonstrating Sileni. Haven't actually tried this one yet!))"

• Per changelog #924 you can now end your Nagasith or Sileni form early (but it does not reset the cooldown in the curio). This is cool.

@Ianir What happens if I am already a Nagasith and activate Sileni curio? Does it work or do I have to end Nagasith?

If I do not end Nagasith and become Sileni, then end Sileni, will I revert to Nagasith or my original race? Does it track the nesting state of the temporary races or does Sileni overwrite Nagasith?
  • Ejderha said:
    @Ianir What happens if I am already a Nagasith and activate Sileni curio? Does it work or do I have to end Nagasith?

If I do not end Nagasith and become Sileni, then end Sileni, will I revert to Nagasith or my original race? Does it track the nesting state of the temporary races or does Sileni overwrite Nagasith?
    It works.
    Original race.
    Not sure I understand, so just going to do this:

On activate
    - If cooldown active, exit
    - If wood race, exit
    - If can't for some other reason, exit.
    - If race is not nagasith or sileni, record it here. If it is, you should already have a recorded previous race.
    - Become race, set state for cooldown duration.

On race expiration
    - If player race is not nagasith or sileni, exit
    - Revert to original race (as recorded on activate).

On cooldown state death
    - If player race is nagasith or sileni, force race expiration
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.