Mudlet 3.0.1

A quick bugfix release to 3.0.0 - if you haven't upgraded before, now's the time!

Search visible by default

(click to play gif)

Search area is now visible by default again, similar to how it was in 2.1. The redundant 'Search' button was removed to save space on smaller screens and a new collapse/expand button is in place.

Experimental map formats enabled

You can now choose to save your maps in versions 17 and 18 in Preferences > Special Options. Technically speaking, you could choose to save your maps in 3.0.0 in newer formats as well, but it then wouldn't be able to load them - now it can.

Map format 17 allows you to use map and area user data functions - similar to room userdata that was available already. See searchAreaUserData()setAreaUserData()clearAreaUserData()clearAreaUserDataItem()getAreaUserData(), getAllAreaUserData(), setMapUserData(), clearMapUserData()clearMapUserDataItem()getMapUserData()getAllMapUserData().

Map format 18 will save your players location when copying maps to other profiles.

Miscellaneous

Other improvements include:

• southwest exit can now be cleared in room exits dialog
  • settings are no longer stored in Mudlet and mudlet in case-sensitive filesystems
  • variables ticked to be saved in the Variables view will no longer crash Mudlet for profiles that use autologin

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The mapper problem is still in it. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Anyone notice the map not loading when you connect? I've had to manually press the map button to load the map every time I log in.
    Tyamit said:
    Anyone notice the map not loading when you connect? I've had to manually press the map button to load the map every time I log in.
    Yes, absolutely. What OS are you using, out of curiousity?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Noticed a couple of issues today. I'll report back once I find the underlying cause.
    email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357
  • Windows 10. 
    Tyamit said:
    Windows 10. 
    Me too. I wonder if it's a perms thing.
  • Taer said:
    Noticed a couple of issues today. I'll report back once I find the underlying cause.
    Any news?
  • Tyamit said:
    Anyone notice the map not loading when you connect? I've had to manually press the map button to load the map every time I log in.
    It's always been that way if you use the map button. Something we could improve on...
  • Shaddus said:
    Remind me what was it?
  • All I can say is that I've been using 3.1 on linux and it has been a dream!  The improvements like line selecting and inline error messages are amazing.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    Vadi said:
    Shaddus said:
    Remind me what was it?
    If you open a fresh instance of Mudlet and load a profile, the mapper isn't loading. You can scent, and it won't connect the rooms to vnums, you can't GOTO places, or GOTO vnums, or anything like that. I'll try to post a complete diagnosis of the problem in the morning, it's late here.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Shaddus said:
    Vadi said:
    Shaddus said:
    Remind me what was it?
    If you open a fresh instance of Mudlet and load a profile, the mapper isn't loading. You can scent, and it won't connect the rooms to vnums, you can't GOTO places, or GOTO vnums, or anything like that. I'll try to post a complete diagnosis of the problem in the morning, it's late here.
    That is a problem with the rooms not being added to areas correctly. I've posted a workaround for that in the mechanics corner a while ago. I was hoping that one was going to be fixed, but I seem to remember part of it was a problem with the raw map data?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited May 2017
    I tried both of the solutions from Aeldra's thread, but no dice. It doesn't even have to be a new profile for me; I open Mudlet normally and log into my Lusternia profile (this also happens on my Achaean profile) and the map doesn't seem to be loaded. I have to hit the map button to load the map and am met with:

[ INFO ]  - Sucessfully read the map file (0.14s), checking some
                consistency details...
    [ INFO ]  - Auditing of a loaded/imported/downloaded map starting...
    [ INFO ]  - Area id numbering is satisfactory.
    [ INFO ]  - Room id numbering is satisfactory.
    [  OK  ]  - Auditing of map completed (0.12s). Enjoy your game...

And then

You tilt back your head and inhale deeply through your nose, the whiskers of a 
    wolf's snout upon your face twitching as you sense the faint traces of others in 
    the surrounding area.
    Torgue: ?                before the Master Ravenwood Tree
    Aelor: ?                 putrefied glen
    Hiriako: ?               before the Master Ravenwood Tree

It seems to resolve itself over time as I am logged in, but not for awhile.

Oh, that's ok. My own stupidity caused this:

Tarken has died mysteriously, as foretold by Druidess Foehn of the Branch.
    You see the death occur at the Fields of Glorious Battle.  (4549)
    From your knowledge, that room is in Phereklos.

For those who aren't aware, i'm pretty sure Phereklos is in Achaea.
  • Shaddus said:
    Vadi said:
    Shaddus said:
    Remind me what was it?
    This happens to me as well. After I load the map, I usually move around and do a glance and it fixes thing. What gets me is also not being able to RF the rooms or getting partial results :(
  • Tyamit said:
    I tried both of the solutions from Aeldra's thread, but no dice. It doesn't even have to be a new profile for me; I open Mudlet normally and log into my Lusternia profile (this also happens on my Achaean profile) and the map doesn't seem to be loaded. I have to hit the map button to load the map and am met with:

[ INFO ]  - Sucessfully read the map file (0.14s), checking some
                consistency details...
    [ INFO ]  - Area id numbering is satisfactory.
    [ INFO ]  - Room id numbering is satisfactory.
    [  OK  ]  - Auditing of map completed (0.12s). Enjoy your game...

And then

You tilt back your head and inhale deeply through your nose, the whiskers of a 
    wolf's snout upon your face twitching as you sense the faint traces of others in 
    the surrounding area.
    Torgue: ?                before the Master Ravenwood Tree
    Aelor: ?                 putrefied glen
    Hiriako: ?               before the Master Ravenwood Tree

It seems to resolve itself over time as I am logged in, but not for awhile.

Mine just doesn't resolve. I tried numerous workarounds. At first I thought it didn't matter because if I'm scenting, I know where I am anyway... but it would be nice to be able to see where someone died, whether they're resurgemable.
  • edited May 2017
    Just upgraded to 3.0.1

Getting a bit of an odd mapper issue. Everything works fine, auto walk etc except for the area.

You rub a star-etched jade ring and it begins to glow with a pulsating light.
    Within the enchanted item, an image forms of Tyamit at north of the roots (the Prime Material Plane).
      (7718)
    From your knowledge, that room is in ?.

You know the following relevant rooms:
      a barren stretch of sand (6502) in the nil. > Show path
      a barren stretch of flesh (5082) in the nil. > Show path
      2 rooms found.

Everywhere is linked as in the nil

EDIT: Ah never mind I fixed it with a fresh install, seems to work fine now. Could have been just something weird in the background.
    Veyils said:
    Just upgraded to 3.0.1

Getting a bit of an odd mapper issue. Everything works fine, auto walk etc except for the area.

You rub a star-etched jade ring and it begins to glow with a pulsating light.
    Within the enchanted item, an image forms of Tyamit at north of the roots (the Prime Material Plane).
      (7718)
    From your knowledge, that room is in ?.

You know the following relevant rooms:
      a barren stretch of sand (6502) in the nil. > Show path
      a barren stretch of flesh (5082) in the nil. > Show path
      2 rooms found.

Everywhere is linked as in the nil

EDIT: Ah never mind I fixed it with a fresh install, seems to work fine now. Could have been just something weird in the background.
    Close out mudlet and open it back up again, and restart your profile. See if it's still fixed
  • Could you guys confirm - if you open the mapper, does the problem go away?

Because until you do open it, the map isn't actually loaded, and without the map loaded - the script can't know what areas rooms are in.
  • When I click the map button to open it, it works. This was never the case before 3.0. I would simply open Mudlet and play and it worked. 
  • Aha, got it. Thanks, will fix!

I'll also make the map stay up when you re-open a profile if you had it open before - shouldn't have to press the button every time.
    Vadi said:
    Aha, got it. Thanks, will fix!

I'll also make the map stay up when you re-open a profile if you had it open before - shouldn't have to press the button every time.
    It's not just that, it's that it seems to lose the map itself every time you close mudlet. For instance, I have to either re-download it or re-attach it to my profile every time I open mudlet, or else I don't see the stuff for deathsight/scent.
  • Oh, bummer. What does it say when you open the map? And could you make sure you're on the latest version?
    Vadi said:
    Oh, bummer. What does it say when you open the map? And could you make sure you're on the latest version?
    Steingrim: ?             a crowded forge
    Mythridox: ?             a crowded forge

[ INFO ]  - Reading map (format version:16) file:
                "C:/Users/blue_/.config/mudlet/profiles/Your Character Here/map/03-06-2017#01-26-58map.dat",
                please wait...
    [ INFO ]  - Sucessfully read the map file in 0.21934 seconds, checking some
                consistency details...
    [  OK  ]  - Auditing of map completed, in 0.120973 seconds. Enjoy your game...
    scent

Steingrim: ?             a crowded forge
    Mythridox: ?             a crowded forge

-------------------------------

If I get it to working, it works until I close mudlet and open it again. Mudlet Mapper plugin is as recent as I can find, and I'm on Mudlet 3.0.1
  • Could you check if it's the same on 3.1.0 for me?
  • I haven't had any map issues on 3.1.0
    Vadi said:
    Could you check if it's the same on 3.1.0 for me?
    .. I blame my dyslexia for not knowing I wasn't on the right Mudlet. 
  • We've been working hard at improving it - lots of updates lately. Enjoy!
  • Map is now loaded even if you don't have the mapper window open, this should solve these ? issues: https://www.mudlet.org/2017/07/mudlet-3-3-1-new-code-editor-new-irc-and-utf8-in-lua-support/