keyword the cost goes to the completing party, as the offering party
doesn't know what they will get.

In order to help players discover what curios are available, the
CURIOMARKET VIEW commands offer access to an always up-to-date database
of all collections, sets and pieces.

As a note, the COMPLETE will only place up buy orders, not fulfill any
existing sell orders.

A watch functionality was also implemented to make it easy to keep an
eye out for offers that are of interest to you.

New and adjusted syntax:
CURIO LIST [ALL|COMPLETE|PARTIAL(S)|PIECE(S)] [<pattern>]
CURIO LIST [SET|COLLECTION] <name>
CURIO SUMMARY [<collection>]
CURIO TRADE <COMPLETE|PIECE> <curio> TO <person> FOR <amount|id>
<COMPLETE|PIECE|GOLD|CREDITS>
CURIO COMPLETE <curio>
CURIO RUB <ALL|PIECE> <curio>
CURIO RUB <INCLUDE|EXCLUDE> <curio>

The old CURIOS commands have been removed and turned into CURIO LIST.
You can now search all list types for patterns, or use the SET and
COLLECTION lists.

Mass rubbing now possible without using a script, with of course the
possibility to skip over certain pieces should you wish to hang on to
them. You will still get the output for everything, as some players want
to keep seeing that. Note that if you hold on to a lot of pieces you
will get a lot of output!

Direct trading has been merged with the old transfer command into one
command. You will still need to ask the other party for the id of the
piece or complete set.

A great help should be the COMPLETE command, which allows you to target
a piece or existing partial and combine it with what you have in your
inventory.

And finally the summary is there to give you a roster type overview of
what pieces you are holding. If pieces are a part of a partial they will
be counted but marked with an asterisk. Helpful to let you see what you
might want to make orders for, or trade with others.

For further information we'd like to refer you to HELP CURIOMARKET and
HELP CURIOS.

-- Ianir the Anomaly

Penned by My hand on the 13th of Estar, in the year 476 CE.

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Xenthos said:
    Orders will come with a fee of 500
    gold for a piece and 5000 gold for a set upon listing,

First: This is a great update. Curios just became way less of a pain.

Second: Is listing a single curio counted as a piece or a set for the fee?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited June 2017
    Piece = 1 piece
    Set = 1 rare and 9 common pieces
    Collection = 4 sets

People keep misusing the terms.
  • I hope we get a chance to sell and buy complete collections as packs soon, I already ideaed it.
  • edited June 2017
    I'm curious about some things too:

It's really not possible to basically place something like this on the curiomarket: I want piece x and I would offer piece a or b or c in return ... ? (Just making sure. I'm still not entirely convinced that it isn't just me being a dolt here.. )

Also when does CURIO POWERS ever show anything at all? Apparently the stuff the sileni collection does is not a 'special power'. So what is?

Thankies!
  • Aesyra said:
    I'm curious about some things too:

It's really not possible to basically place something like this on the curiomarket: I want piece x and I would offer piece a or b or c in return ... ? (Just making sure. I'm still not entirely convinced that it isn't just me being a dolt here.. )

Also when does CURIO POWERS ever show anything at all? Apparently the stuff the sileni collection does is not a 'special power'. So what is?

Thankies!
    CURIO POWERS only magic item, damage resistance, damage enhancement and travel curios.
  • edited June 2017
    Aesyra said:

CURIOMARKET ADD BUY PIECE <virtualid> FOR <pieceid> PIECE

(You can get the virtualid with CURIOMARKET VIEW)

There is no 'or' sadly, your best bet is to list all three as buy orders for the same virtualid and delist them when one is finished.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited June 2017
    So, what's the command if I just want to post my whole list of curio pieces for whatever people want to offer for them, only taking random other pieces? 

Edit: in other words, I want to be able to log into a character, input a single command, and offer all the single pieces on the curiomarket for any other random piece. Can I do that? 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Ianir I have gone from really disliking curios to enjoying them. This is a really nice QoL upgrade, thank you (and anyone who helped)!
  • edited June 2017
    Shaddus said:
    So, what's the command if I just want to post my whole list of curio pieces for whatever people want to offer for them, only taking random other pieces? 

Edit: in other words, I want to be able to log into a character, input a single command, and offer all the single pieces on the curiomarket for any other random piece. Can I do that? 
    You can do it per-piece (CURIOMARKET ADD SELL PIECE <id> FOR ANY), but not all at once. That's... a situation we never actually thought of, and due to it being fairly unlikely (and extremely easy to trigger or do with a regex s/r), not one we're likely to support.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ejderha said:
    @Ianir I have gone from really disliking curios to enjoying them. This is a really nice QoL upgrade, thank you (and anyone who helped)!
    I second the thank you / appreciation on this.  I know this was a team project, so to the people involved in putting it together, thank you!  This makes playing with curios so, so much better.
  • This is awesome, kudos to everyone involved!

Some low priority things which I think would be nice when you CURIOMARKET SHOW BUY:
    1) differentiate between "piece" and "rare"
    2) change the layout a little bit on the "Request" portion - it would be nice to break up the "set" line and the piece name. Currently, due to the length of the names of some pieces, the set is completely hidden. 
    PS I'm told that this is still a "living" project, it's definitely not done.  I know there are still a few other QoL improvements coming to it, so don't be afraid to make suggestions!
    Being able to post complete curios to sell /browse complete curios to buy really makes this curiomarket great. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Being able to post complete curios to sell /browse complete curios to buy really makes this curiomarket great. 
    Also, since the market's gone up I am down 99 credits.  And have completed 16 curio sets that were sitting around as partials.
    CURIOMARKET COMPLETE <partial> FOR <amount> <GOLD|CREDITS> [CONFIRM

What exactly does this do? Watch out for the pieces your partial needs and try to finish it based on your offered price? 
  • Checks the partial you specified, and puts up a buy request for every missing piece in that partial. Each request put up will be going for the same price - the one you specify with this command.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    The new commands are all rather confusing, but even going along slowly bit by bit it's a refreshing change.
  • PSA: Don't create a trigger to mass put your curio pieces up for sale without first putting aside the gold you don't want to spend into a pack or something.

• edited June 2017
    I've idea'd this but I'd like to put it here as well just in case (it really bugs me and I'm still not used to ideas actually being read, please don't hit me):

The SELL syntax for the curiomarket is inconsistent thus leading me to always typo it. If you wish to place a sell order you have to type "piece 123" for the piece you wish to sell and " 123 piece" for the one you wish in return. It would be enourmously helpful if it was always the same order of piece+id or id+piece but not both in one simple syntax. Thank you!

EDIT: Okay, so looking at the syntax again I guess it makes sense if you're trading for gold or credits. If it was possible to drop the 1st 'piece' from 'curiomarket add sell piece 123 for 123 piece' that would be helpful though (since each thing has it's own ID I don't see atm how the 'piece' is needed there to differ between complete or piece for sale). But if that's not possible / wanted I guess I'll just have to live with it. :/

That aside THANK YOU for the market! :)

Lerad said:
    PSA: Don't create a trigger to mass put your curio pieces up for sale without first putting aside the gold you don't want to spend into a pack or something.
    Theoretically (I haven't tried it but it was suggested) if you sell a piece for "any" other piece, the gold cost for listing should end up being paid by the buyer, specifically to allow people to do exactly what you're trying to accomplish.
  • Yeah, for context, I was listing my rares for sale for a few credits. I won't take "any" for them - I'd rather get something of slight value. I will list non rares for any, sure. But my trigger to list my rares bankrupted me, pretty much.

• Gold sink success!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    I just went through and made a trigger that sells all my singles for x amount, and all my rares for slightly higher. Profit!
    Would it be possible to add something like CURIOMARKET SELLING to see a list of everything you've posted for sale or trade?
  • It's available in CURIOMARKET REVIEW SELL

Lerad said:
    Yeah, for context, I was listing my rares for sale for a few credits. I won't take "any" for them - I'd rather get something of slight value. I will list non rares for any, sure. But my trigger to list my rares bankrupted me, pretty much.
    Again, theoretically, listing a rare piece for "any" should only accept a different rare.  Have not tested but that was part of the request for the "any" command when it was suggested.
    Lerad said:
    It's available in CURIOMARKET REVIEW SELL
    Needs a filter though.  IDEAd that last night.
  • No questions right now, I just want to say that this thing is brilliant. Thank you so much. 
  • It really is a great feature.  It's also a great way to introduce another gold sink.

Good job all around :)
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Definitely liking the new system.  Finally finished a Red Heart curio after holding on to a partial for longer than I care to remember.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?