General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• My Facebook is just filled with puppies and babies.

Off-topic from that, I visted my parents at the weekend. Dad had a cold. Mum had a cold. GUESS WHO HAS A COLD NOW?! Both me and the bf. And of course, the bf is completely *dying*. Sigh.
  • Tarkenton said:
    I'm working hard at getting back in touch with teenage me, getting back into I can kick the world's ass mode. It's been probably fifteen, twenty years since I was doing more than being a viewer in my life.

Compared to the people on facebook? I'm an subject failure. But the thing to keep in mind is that most people only put up the really high notes of their life. The misery, the pain, the sads or depressing things are kept locked away from the public eye, because of course my life is perfect, my spouse isn't cheating on me, I don't feel like my life has peaked at where I am right now.

So keep that in mind. Their good life is the public mask they wear.

As for my general dissatisfaction? My knee hurts, and I got cracked twice hard in the shin when emptying the boss's storage unit.
    Reminds me of another awesome saying. "I hope someday you're as happy as you pretend to be on Facebook."

I'm done interrupting the rants, promise.
  • I just turn on notifications for posts from people I'm actually interested in staying close with, and never actually look at my wall or feed or anybody else's page. 

Actual rant, I keep getting trainees to teach at work, despite never having signed up to be a trainer. I've got a whole process for getting everything done at night that gets all thrown off when I gotta babysit somebody else
  • edited June 2017
    finally get home from a long, stressful day with lots of driving, ready to zone out and play games. Moments before I get home, the whole neighborhood loses power.
  • Oh myyyyy!

Okay fine, I have a rant. Having to live with my mother again for a few months. Cannot WAIT to have my own space again.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Are we talking height? Width? Yaw?
  • Girth?
  • Day three of the cricket chronicles. Still haven't slept properly. Tried putting a dish with honey into the terrarium. Nothing happened except that Ten sat in the honey and then walked through the sand which resulted in a breaded gecko. This night I added a bouillon cube as a bait. The cricket is still alive and I have a gecko who smells of bouillon....

I have to think of more ways how to catch it inside the terrarium without harming the geckos.
  • Thyelleia said:
    Day three of the cricket chronicles. Still haven't slept properly. Tried putting a dish with honey into the terrarium. Nothing happened except that Ten sat in the honey and then walked through the sand which resulted in a breaded gecko. This night I added a bouillon cube as a bait. The cricket is still alive and I have a gecko who smells of bouillon....

I have to think of more ways how to catch it inside the terrarium without harming the geckos.
    My general method for this would be take everything out of the vivarium until you can get the cricket out. Unless you've got a bioactive setup in which case wait for the cricket to die.

(This brought to you by many long nights spent searching our bedroom for escapee crickets. We now feed our beardie roaches and locusts instead because they're quiet and less smelly)
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • edited June 2017
    Delete please :smile:
  • Waistline.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • edited June 2017
    After multiple highly insulting and probably borderline unethical meetings at work, I was taken off a department I've handled for the last few months citing that A) I was only focusing on that department and not helping the rest of the team do their jobs too. B - It was far to easy work for someone of my skillset to be handling anyway. (Funny how my skills are suddenly thought highly of and needed for greater things when I was told in the interview for a promotion I didn't get "You've not done anything the past 2 years to warrant any sort of promotion.") After being jokingly threatened to never touch that department again(Yes I'm serious), from Sunday to present day 5 different people have been pulled from other work to do my old department's work. All the while I'm just over here laughing hysterically on the inside as the person who didn't have the spine to talk to me directly about helping out more gets more and more stressed out because now my old department isn't getting done right. 

I really do hate this company.
  • Embrace the schadenfreude
  • edited June 2017
    I'm sad. :-(
  • Ordassa said:
    wanna hug?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited June 2017
    Ugh, some people are such scumbags.

Had a couple of things up for auction on eBay, one sold earlier today on buyout.  Account looked kosher, funds transferred instantly, so everything should be good, right? WRONG!

Got a subsequent message from said account claiming that the account was compromised and to cancel the order.  Bit of an inconvenience since it means I need to issue a refund and re-list, but at least I have peace of mind knowing that ebay and paypal will both refund their respective fees.  If the account was indeed compromised, the person in question will still lose a few dollars from paypal taking a fee out of the refund, but it's better for them to lose $3 over $270ish.  If it wasn't compromised and they are just trying to get out of the deal, they risk losing their account completely due to committing fraud (Their account will be frozen, per standard procedure, until proof of ownership is provided)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Tylwyth said:
    Ordassa said:
    wanna hug?
    Thanks! fixed it!
  • Woot!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• My parents are in town and have basically wasted my day off because they are incapable of planning ahead and just, letting me know where and when they want to meet any earlier then "we're heading there right now how soon can you get here" 
  • Lehki said:
    My parents are in town and have basically wasted my day off because they are incapable of planning ahead and just, letting me know where and when they want to meet any earlier then "we're heading there right now how soon can you get here" 
    My mom is the exact same way. I feel your pain.
  • No time for lunch between exams. D: Also, I hate you relative grading 
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Dodgy internet always happens when you need to submit something asap. :(

Related, typing large messages on mobile is unpleasant.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Three throwing up mouths in my house. One healthy. I do not expect her to last. My poor wife. Send help soon.
  • Corel Painter Mobile, you know I love you and I need you. Please don't glitch up my phone, I can't do crap with you if you done smash my screen into teeny pixels D:
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Just found out fiance's father has cancer. We already knew he wasn't coming to the wedding, but he's apparently much sicker now than we knew. It's awful for so many reasons, but one is that my partner can't visit him even if he wants to. Financially we can't afford it, but even if we could, getting married changes his visa status and a lot of paperwork has to go through before he can even leave the country without complication. We are talking months here at best.

I'm so afraid the worst will happen.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    Just found out fiance's father has cancer. We already knew he wasn't coming to the wedding, but he's apparently much sicker now than we knew. It's awful for so many reasons, but one is that my partner can't visit him even if he wants to. Financially we can't afford it, but even if we could, getting married changes his visa status and a lot of paperwork has to go through before he can even leave the country without complication. We are talking months here at best.

I'm so afraid the worst will happen.
    That's awful. I'm so sorry.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."