Livestream Announcement: June 24, 2017

edited October 2017 in The Real World
Hi everybody,

We'll be doing a livestream on June 24, 2017 at 5-5:30PM PST (Midnight GMT, at the weave turn - Sorry for those of you in Europe!). It will be a bit of a crossed development update/Q&A thing. 

Due to the nature of the new format, we may be able to bring multiple individuals in the Havens who aren't physically there onto the stream with us, so the list of participants will potentially be updating throughout the week!

If you have any questions you want answered or topics you want discussed, go ahead and leave a comment on this post! I'll be posting a more formal list of other stuff we'll be discussing along with the Q&A later next week as well.

--

URL: https://www.twitch.tv/theironrealms

Date/Time:
Sat, 2017-06-24 1700-1730 PST
Sun, 2017-06-25 0000-0030 GMT

Participants (Potentially incomplete): Estarra, Ianir, Maylea, Hoaracle

Details/Schedule: TBD

--

Ianir the Anomaly
Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Dear Estarra or Ianir:

Last time we saw Estarra, she was about to leak the new monk weapons but.... Accidently got cut off. Yeah, we'll go with "accidently" ;) . Feel like giving us some info this time around? 

Now that the new guilds are in place, why exactly did we drop the faction idea? 

Do you plan on introducing a new version  of topguilds? 

How many hats can Charune actually wear? 

What's the next big project on your list? 

Greathunts: can we have some soon? 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Now that the new guilds are in place, why exactly did we drop the faction idea? 

Do you plan on introducing a new version  of topguilds? 
    Added yours to the list, though I'm going to actually answer these two now:

- These are factions as designed, we just used the name 'guilds' because we couldn't use 'factions' and coming up with a new name was not really in the cards right then.

- No.
  • We've just got confirmation that Maylea plans to join us remotely for the stream and will be available to answer questions!
  • Will Ianir's silly stair-falling cat be featured at all? 
  • And Hoaracle confirmed too, with his beard as a special guest.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    How's SSC going?
    Are we maybe hopefully pretty please looking at the other two orgs getting monks before the end of the year?
    Are the couple of affs that are still on old cures gonna get phased out soon? (could swear I read there's still a mending aff out there)
  • edited June 2017
    Since it's such a broad question, I'll ask just one:

What is Estarra/Admin's rough vision for each class?  I mean this in PK relevant terms.  I feel like at the outset Warrior/Guardian/Mage was pretty well defined, but I'm especially curious about where monks/bards are supposed to fit in, in a general role.

Of course, I just mean in broad strokes, what sort of role should each class play within the 'vision'.

Edit: To narrow it down a bit more, I mean this specifically in groups, not so much in regards to 1v1

I hope I can stay up for the livestream! Looking forward to it, even though it will be in hot contention with much needed sleep.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Hi all,

So, I'm not even going to bother trying to schedule out the stream. That sounds like frustration and tears waiting to happen. However, going to go ahead and state that I will be doing a "State of Development" thing either near the beginning or near the end (probably) covering a few topics, including: Server-Side Curing, a few features in the works (including one for guilds I'm really excited about), stuff going on in the realm of envoys (including "WTF happened to our April Reports" and Project: Identity), and possibly my plans for July if I can get Estarra to sign off on them tomorrow.

I'm not sure if anybody else has any plans, I've actually been terribly lax on prepping this (I'm only setting up OBS now for it as I type this), so there'll probably end up being a lot of surprise stuff.

Just a reminder since I've already been asked, Twitch does save streams so they can be watched on-demand. It will probably be up about a couple hours after the stream itself (depending on how long it takes for them to process it), and we will post a link as soon as it's up.

We are still looking for more questions, by the way. If you have any for any of us, ask them here beforehand. Trying to read questions in chat is painful and we won't have anybody here with a second laptop to watch it, so we're going to be relying on both mine and Estarra's terrible vision to really see them, and while I actually have glasses this time so that may be less of an issue, I reserve the right to bitch and moan if I do have to do that!
  • Here's 'another one of Orventa's crazy ideas/questions that will probably never happen':

What if, we could have a crazy pocket limbo dimension hub where characters from other IREs could meet each other?

I don't know what we'd do there, since combat doesn't seem like it could be a thing, but it's crossed my mind. Like we as players do get attached to our 'home' games for a reason, but I thought it could be interesting and could foster more players trying out other games if they haven't already. (Maybe unlikely, but who knows?)

Maybe have a Divine dance/ lipsync battle, Idk. (Ours would win hands down, obvs) ;)

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Ok, some questions:
    • How hard is it to make a new puzzle type for quests (like the existing mastermind, sudoku, lights out, logic puzzles, etc)?
    • Observer mode for arena when?
    • What do you think about aethercombat, and especially huge "motherships"?
    • Will Hallimonks get an aeonkick?
    • What's a common complaint from envoys that you disagree with?
    • Favorite guild/city REQUESTS so far? Conversely, most annoying?
    • Favorite deathsight(s)?
    • Favorite warrior weapon, just based on looks/coolness?
    • What's something that players are often wrong about or assume they know how the admins think but don't?
    • Funniest member of the Havens?
    • Biggest surprise with the new guilds?

• What do to godmin think of the current alliance structure?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Was the Halloween spooky house story from the Oracle of the Earthburner actually hinting towards a voodoo skill, or were you just playing with my heart?
  • Do the IDEAS we share stay in the Lusternia database or do they go to a pool for other IRES? Because I know it's probably coincidental, but I distinctly remember Idea'ing Floristry to Lusternia some years ago when there were other I-nomalies, but then feeling horribly gutted when I heard it went live in Aetolia not long after.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ciaran said:
    What do to godmin think of the current alliance structure?
    I'm not saying who, but someone important thinks Hallifax should drop Celest and come hang out with Magnagora.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Thanks for the stream, it was pretty fun and most of our questions got answered. However, there was a big lack of Czixi and Isune on the stream (I know Isune was in the chat but that's not enough!).
  • Sad that I missed the stream, but rewatching it now, I'm really enjoying it!  Of course I found the discussion about alliances particularly interesting :)
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Someone informed me that Someone mentioned that the Consortium has interesting guild requests. And so They did. Much appreciated :3

But in reality, @Portius is responsible for all the guild path layouts in particular. Kudos to him.

• I missed the stream :( but I just want to say for the trades part, please can we have flower-arranging and candles somewhere in trades? pleeeeeeease.
  • Ianir said:
    So yeah, I'm sorry about the technical difficulties with the first half of the stream. Lessons learned (and passed onto IRE), I have a recording of the first half I'll upload after editing. Second half, I'll make sure it gets saved. I have a few things I promised to do on stream, I have no idea what, but I'll be watching back and figuring it out in the next couple days!
    The Twitch recording seems to be fine, minus the frozen video.
  • Shedrin said:
    Thanks for the stream, it was pretty fun and most of our questions got answered. However, there was a big lack of Czixi and Isune on the stream (I know Isune was in the chat but that's not enough!).
    Life and timezones are cruel, cruel masters.
  • Shedrin said:
    Thanks for the stream, it was pretty fun and most of our questions got answered. However, there was a big lack of Czixi and Isune on the stream (I know Isune was in the chat but that's not enough!).

Maybe one day audio will be a thing I participate in... maybe. Big maybe. :blush: