[Mafia Game] Pick Your Power Mafia: Lusternia - GG! TOWN VICTORY!

Comments

• I went with 2,1 because I overthought the whole thing. 
  • edited June 2017
    Deadline for picking roles has passed. Role PMs are going out now. Day 1 will begin when all PMs have been sent out.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.

• Day One

It would have been a dark and stormy night in the town of Lusterniaville, except that it was actually a bright, summery day with clear skies and the sun shining brilliantly over the small but picturesque town. Though not as large or prosperous as its neighbors Achaeapolis and Aetoliatown, the town boasted a rich, vibrant history and friendly, supportive community, making it a pleasant and welcoming place where its citizens could live, learn, work, play, and grow.

Until now, that is.

A small group of Lusterniaville's citizens banded together into a secretive criminal organization known as the Mafia. Determined to seize control of the credit market, curio market, dingbat market, wonder crystal market, artifact market, Solstice crate market, aethergoop market, ikon market, doll market, candy market, cookie market, commodity market, and pony market in one fell swoop, they devised a bold, daring plan to sabotage the town from within. In order to ensure the ultimate success of their plan, though, the Mafia knew that they would have to kill off anyone who might stand in their way.

Their first victim was, oddly enough, Irillia, the crazy cat lady who lived in a remote part of town with a dozen cats. As she walked home that morning from the local pet supplies shop, her arms loaded with shopping bags, she heard loud footsteps behind her, followed by an ominous voice from around the corner.

"Your feline friends can't help you now," hissed a menacing voice, followed by the click of a gun's safety coming off. "This town will soon belong to us."

She spun around to face the threat, and a bullet whizzed past her ear. Cans of cat food, cat treats, cat toys, cat litter, cat beds, cat scratching posts, and cute cat costumes spilled out of her arms and rolled around along the ground, raising a mild cacophony of clanging, bouncing, and rustling noises. A horrified gasp escaped Irillia's lips as she saw the faces of the Mafia members, who slowly spread out to form a loose circle around her and cut off any possible attempt to run away.

"Y-you can't possibly get away with this," Irillia stammered, taking a step backwards. "You wouldn't dare kill an innocent woman like this, in broad daylight, and think you can escape justice!"

"Oh, but we can," her attacker responded. Another gunshot rang out, and this time Irillia collapsed to the ground, instantly slain by the bullet drilled into the center of her forehead. "And we will."

The townspeople found her body that afternoon, still surrounded by fallen cans of cat food and adorable cat accessories. They looked at each other with wide, confused eyes, a cold tingle of fear traveling down their spines. Who could have done this? And why?

[no flavor zone]

Irillia the Cat Lady has died.

It is now Day One. Day will end in 72 hours on Wednesday, June 28, 7:59 Eastern/6:59 Central/11:59 GMT, at which point voting will be closed and the game will move to Night One. Remember to vote using ##Vote Player!

• Again, checking in.
  • Checking in now that day has started.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Hello hello!

I think lehkis logic from the time when we shouldn't have been talking is technically sound, it is highly unlikely that they choose the same numbers. I would not be surprised if they went 1 2 3 or 2 3 4 or some variation of that in a row.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Noooo, poor kittens :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yeah, If multiple people picked the same number then only one of them would be mafia from the group. There is probably also some good info from who didn't get powers, then we'll know what powers are out there in play. Not something people should blab about yet but good to keep in mind.
  • @Phoebus I don't see how a 5-11 got you between Othero(2-1) and Vivet(3-4). Am I looking at the draft rules wrong or what?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    The only thing about the drafting process which is clear to me is that Tarkenton got first pick by going 1-1. Everything else confuses me and I'm just as well to be done with it.
  • Lehki said:
    @Phoebus I don't see how a 5-11 got you between Othero(2-1) and Vivet(3-4). Am I looking at the draft rules wrong or what?
    I think that would happen if no one picked 1 as their 2nd number (making me the first of the duplicates), No one picked 11 as their second number, and then Celina also picked 4 as their 2nd number. I -think- that is it but don't quote me on it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I think going by the numbers is silly. Mafia could just as easy all pick the same first number, and then stagger their second number.

Or just worked to not pick the same number, then figured out who wanted what roles and prioritized.

Numbers game seems silly.

So I know no really has any information, other than themselves, but hey. Let's see what we can throw at the wall and have stick.
    Don't mistake the above for not being a proponent of my usual day one lynch. Because I absolutely am.
  • I think it's worth looking at the numbers and agree it's more likely mafia selected different numbers than not.

The other piece of information we may have is that anyone who ended up with a vanilla role knows that the role they wanted is ahead of them in the draft order.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    No! Justice for the cats and their cat lady! I will take over official cat-feeding duties for all the poor kittens left behind.

And @Irillia, you liar, the flavor for this game is the best yet. I'm not a big fan of the overly fancy stuff, but this?
    Irillia said:

It would have been a dark and stormy night in the town of Lusterniaville, except that it was actually a bright, summery day with clear skies and the sun shining brilliantly over the small but picturesque town. Though not as large or prosperous as its neighbors Achaeapolis and Aetoliatown,

Determined to seize control of the credit market, curio market, dingbat market, wonder crystal market, artifact market, Solstice crate market, aethergoop market, ikon market, doll market, candy market, cookie market, commodity market, and pony market in one fell swoop,

This is fantastic. +1 for a game where my eyes aren't going to glaze over while reading through the mod posts. (No offense to previous games, you're lovely. I just...y'know, attention span. I lack much of one.)
    Othero said:
    Lehki said:
    @Phoebus I don't see how a 5-11 got you between Othero(2-1) and Vivet(3-4). Am I looking at the draft rules wrong or what?
    I think that would happen if no one picked 1 as their 2nd number (making me the first of the duplicates), No one picked 11 as their second number, and then Celina also picked 4 as their 2nd number. I -think- that is it but don't quote me on it.
    Oh god, seriously, if it was anything besides the fact that I got 11 because I was the only person who needed to use their second number where that second number was 11, I couldn't tell you. It took me about five read-throughs to make it through the entire draft explanation without my brain giving up. "I picked a number -> I ended up with that number" is the only explanation that I can even begin to consider.

• I went with 10 and 14, which was apparently enough to put me at 5th on the draft order. The 14 probably makes no sense as a second number. I admit I didn't read the rules properly at first. If I had I probably would have gone for 4 or something.
  • I'm guessing we've got three mafia and a serial killer?
  • Numbers so far.

1. Tarkenton   1-1
    2. Arix            4-13
    3. Ellowyn       7-10
    4. Tremula      ?
    5. Falaeron     10-14
    6. Dys            11-?
    7. Shaddus     ?
    8. Kalikai        ?
    9. Silvanus     2-13
    10. Othero     2-1
    11. Phoebus   5-11
    12. Vivet        3-4
    13. Fyler        ?
    14. Lehki       3-15

I just wanted to try and analyze numbers for whatever little evidence that provides towards mafia, but now I feel like I'm going down the rabbit hole because I've re-read the rules like 5 times and I still can't see how the reported numbers could end up in this order. Either I'm totally misunderstanding things, or we got liars

@Irillia could you clarify for me if I've got this right?

• First, have the people with unique 1st numbers sorted by lowest to highest.
    • The rest are sorted by the 1st number, and then further sorted by their 2nd number. E.g. 2's are still before 3s, 3s before 4s, etc. then within each group they're sorted by their 2nd number.
    • If 1st and 2nd number are the same, those players go to the back and get sorted by dice roll.
  • That's how I understand it too. What you have would work if Phoebus was actually 2-1, as that would put Othero's 2-1 below Silvanus' 2-13.

Unless something went wrong or people lying.
    Of course people are lying. It's mafia. Phoebus' number makes zero sense with how the draft rules work. That's enough to tip me.

##Vote Phoebus
  • Lehki said:
    @Irillia could you clarify for me if I've got this right? 

• First, have the people with unique 1st numbers sorted by lowest to highest.
    • The rest are sorted by the 1st number, and then further sorted by their 2nd number. E.g. 2's are still before 3s, 3s before 4s, etc. then within each group they're sorted by their 2nd number.
    • If 1st and 2nd number are the same, those players go to the back and get sorted by dice roll.
    1) Yes, people with unique first numbers are sorted from smallest to biggest.
    2) Yes, sort of. The only exception is if a particular first number has more clashes/overlaps than another first number. The more people that overlap on their first number, the lower they fall in the draft order. For example, if two people chose 2 as their first number and four people chose 1, then the two people with 10 would actually go ahead of the four people that chose 1. This is because the number 10 is more unique (in this situation) than the number 1, and the most unique number combination always gets higher priority. Therefore, it is possible that people with a smaller first number might actually come earlier in the draft order than people with a bigger first number.
    3) Yes.
  • I did 3-13. DAMN YOU THREE PICKERS
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Checking in, and not entirely interested in sharing my numbers presently. I will state that I was the only person to pick my number, however (and anyone who knows me knows what number I picked), which is why I ended up so high in the draft. The confusion around Phoebus' number either indicates she's lying about it or that Othero or Vivet are. Considering Silvanus is 2/13 and Othero is 2/1, I find it more likely that Othero would be - unless of course Kalikai should reveal that she also chose 2 to begin with, in which case we have more evidence to look into. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    I am not lying about my numbers. I think you're overthinking this.
  • I doubt Vivet is lying because she reveled her number before I did, so it would've been a weird gamble to fake claim her numbers (which her second number, 4, wasn't even the safest to lie about. That would've been 1 knowing I was second and she was first in the 3 picker queue) without knowing mine. 

I think it's safe to say Vivet is telling the truth. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    You're a solo five in a land of 2s and 3s. Seems fishy. Either you're lying, or we have someone else who's doing so to implicate you.

There were two other number claims after you, versus all the others before. So again,what seems like a lie that you've been caught out in (because I highly doubt all the 2s and 3s are lying) which, given its day one, is enough for me to keep my vote on you barring something startling coming up.

@Shaddus,@Kalikai,stop being lurkers and at least let us know you're alive out there.
  • Tarkenton said:
    You're a solo five in a land of 2s and 3s. Seems fishy. Either you're lying, or we have someone else who's doing so to implicate you.

There were two other number claims after you, versus all the others before. So again,what seems like a lie that you've been caught out in (because I highly doubt all the 2s and 3s are lying) which, given its day one, is enough for me to keep my vote on you barring something startling coming up.

@Shaddus,@Kalikai,stop being lurkers and at least let us know you're alive out there.
    Hey, you're overthinking this to the point of being scummy and aggressive. I submitted one number to Irilla and then changed my mind and submitted a 2nd. I then posted the wrong number because I was only half paying attention while waiting for queue in FFXIV. I was [5,2]. Sorry about that.
  • Its also weird that you latched onto Phoebus. It's really obvious that I'm the wrong number in the list. 
    Lookit my previous mafia history. I'm generally aggressive, it gets a rise out of people, and things start happening. It's that, or we all faff about waiting for the day to time out.

As for latching onto Phoebus, I'll admit that I paid half attention to the list when doing so. I looked at the first numbers, saw a 5 in a pack of 2's and 3's, and went "huh, something's not right here".

We've established something's not right, and that you "accidentally" posted the wrong numbers. See? Aggression that's brought information to light. Maybe there's something to the way I play after all.

##UNVOTE PHOEBUS

@Tarkenton
    You aren't catching me in a lie at all, rather you are demonstrating to me that you don't understand how the draft works (and also that you enjoy jumping to conclusions, as we don't even know what everyone chose yet.) I chose 5 and 11. As the person who is in fifth place, Falaeron, did not choose 5, this means that at least two players chose five as their first number (or zero players, but I know that I chose it, whether you believe it or not.) As me and this unknown person chose 5, neither one of us will have gotten 5, and we would be pushed to our second numbers. Therefore, my second choice of 11 has put me in 11th place. According to the draft rules, this would mean that I'm locked in to 11th place regardless of what's happening with the people whose numbers were taken.

I don't know why I would even risk setting myself up for something like this if I was mafia? You seem way too keen on jumping on me for something that you don't even have enough information to come to a complete conclusion on. Chill out, dude.