General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Searching for summer jobs is exhausting, I'm supposed to be having my summer and now that I have to adult it means that I have to work through the summer? It's such a bummer, but I guess that's just how things go. I feel like I've filled in 100 applications but there's been nothing so far.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • edited June 2017
    Company changes our pay plan and gives us raises based on past performance which is GREAT. Super happy to hear this news. OH BUT WAIT only if you were in role all of 2015 and all of 2016. If you were in role all of 2016 (like me) it doesn't count, they will just take the company average for both years and give that to you. 

So, if like me, you excelled in 2016, that doesn't count unless you also were in role 2015.

So that ***** boss I had that refused to promote me in 2014 and drug it out to 2015 and a company that can't find its ass from its elbow sometimes have screwed my pay over for years to come!
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • I don't like complaining about Charites, but really... There are two instances of aerial to be used as commodities. I'm trying to say that aerial has been used in the past by myself and others for feathers.The design has been ping-ponged between mortals and nonmortals over this one commodity for like two months now. I just want it to go through so fine, I'll put pigeon. I hate arguments. But pleassse somebody, I don't know, remember to check this list and don't write off players as not knowing their shiz. 

But Look! There's two. I'm not crazy.

The Charites have returned your proposed design for further revisions. See 

DESIGN LIST <cartel>. The following comments were made regarding the design:

Since the feathers are not specifically noted as being from an aerial in 

Clarramore, and the majority of aerials in the game are (featherless) stalkers, 

we must insist that you add a bird corpse to make it clear.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • A reminder that this thread is only for "real world" complaints, as it is our forum policy not to have any game-related rant threads.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    (As an aside if you switch to bird, pigeons in Hallifax count and it really will
    make your life easier.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Sylandra said:
    (As an aside if you switch to bird, pigeons in Hallifax count and it really will
    make your life easier.)
    (What if you have 10,000 vermin kills and never ever ever ever ever ever ever want to kill another vermin?)
    I admit that I never ever ever want to kill another vermin.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2017
    Aerials are the Shevat family bird so we can't be friends if you include their corpses in designs.  :p

My dissatisfaction: I heard a pop in my laptop followed by the whirring of something spinning against something else. Shut down and got to the repair shop as quickly as I could, praying it's a fan and not a hard drive.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I have no kitchen.

Slowly going insaaaane.
  • have you ever had one of those days where, when you wake up it is a great day but shortly after breakfast you are just ...sad?

Today is my day. Sadness ago away!
  • 8 hours meetings back to back - no break

Two hours driving after work

Want to go back to bed!
  • I have been especially depressed lately and everything is just really draining and hard right now, I am sorry for the lack of productivity and meh quality RP that has resulted in ingame.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Bailing on things for people at the last minute stresses them out and often puts them in a twisty logistical mess. Life happens obviously, but sometimes you know life is happening and you put off telling people out of shame, and I'm just saying, the procrastinating is the main thing they'll get mad about.

I am currently mad about dealing with a problem someone should have told me about a month ago, and mad that I have very little time to solve it as a result. Hmph.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • $32000 to have my appendix removed..... explicative explicative explicative 
    I was still on my parents' insurance when my appendix decided it wanted to push the eject button, which I am... very grateful for.  Though I cannot say more without getting into politics.
  • So, I was dealing with an issue last night and was waiting on something, so I decided to go get dinner. Got back, put my giant container of miso on the couch (still in the takeout bag), and went to grab something to drink. Got a ping on my phone about the thing I was waiting on, ran back to my laptop, and ended up not thinking and sitting on the miso container. In a panic, I reached to pull the takeout bag and ended up screwing something up in my shoulder.

Next morning, first degree burns on my ass and my shoulder is bruised, inflamed, and it hurts like hell to move my arm.

I am an idiot.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Sorry, that sucks.

But still, lol. You are an amazing creature Ianir! We've gotta get you a show :p
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:
    Sorry, that sucks.

But still, lol. You are an amazing creature Ianir! We've gotta get you a show :p
    Does the livestream not count? :D
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited July 2017
    Ianir said:
    So, I was dealing with an issue last night and was waiting on something, so I decided to go get dinner. Got back, put my giant container of miso on the couch (still in the takeout bag), and went to grab something to drink. Got a ping on my phone about the thing I was waiting on, ran back to my laptop, and ended up not thinking and sitting on the miso container. In a panic, I reached to pull the takeout bag and ended up screwing something up in my shoulder.

Next morning, first degree burns on my ass and my shoulder is bruised, inflamed, and it hurts like hell to move my arm.

I am an idiot.
    Ouchies :(  Hope you feel better soon @Ianir .  Make sure to keep the shoulder iced and perhaps use some Arnica cream or tablets.  I used to do a lot of horse riding and as a result got more than my fair share of bumps, bruises and strains.  I would swear by the stuff, since it takes down bruising and inflammation in a VERY short timeframe, maybe a few days tops.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Thats kind of hilarious.

• Kagato said:
    Ianir said:
    So, I was dealing with an issue last night and was waiting on something, so I decided to go get dinner. Got back, put my giant container of miso on the couch (still in the takeout bag), and went to grab something to drink. Got a ping on my phone about the thing I was waiting on, ran back to my laptop, and ended up not thinking and sitting on the miso container. In a panic, I reached to pull the takeout bag and ended up screwing something up in my shoulder.

I am an idiot.
    Ouchies :(  Hope you feel better soon @Ianir .  Make sure to keep the shoulder iced and perhaps use some Arnica cream or tablets.  I used to do a lot of horse riding and as a result got more than my fair share of bumps, bruises and strains.  I would swear by the stuff, since it takes down bruising and inflammation in a VERY short timeframe, maybe a few days tops.
    Agree on the arnica. I would also recommend lydocaine spray and cream for the burns. I also did horseback riding and the best thing for it was epsom salt baths. Just make sure you hydrate and don't stay in too long, maybe 10-15 minutes tops. @Ianir
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • vegetable (tomato, capsicums, onion, potato + garlic) fritters held together with pureed cooked instant noodles & 1 egg are a bad idea. Mushy, slightly bitter (from the noodles) but very filling.

I'm trying & egg dip then crushed ramen as breading next...
  • Ordassa said:
    Tell us how that goes....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Ordassa said:
    Tell us how that goes....
    It works! you get a very heavy but crunchy breading.  I used it to make onion rings
  • $411 for two books..... two stupid text books it's just LGBT studies and Macroeconomics.... I need to write textbooks 
  • After ~3 weeks and 2 engineer callouts to try and get our line sorted, we've been told our internet isn't going to be any better than ~1Mb/s because the cable's in poor condition and they're upgrading everything to fibre so they're not exactly likely to fix it. Which means I now have to either get cable internet or VDSL because standard ADSL isn't ever going to be usable. Bleh.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • I need a vacation from everything. It's not any one particular thing stressing me out, I'm just perpetually exhausted and unable to focus lately. Have been putting things off and letting all kinds of work just pile up. Like my insurance owes me money and need to call them about it and I just... haven't done it yet.
  • edited July 2017
    Laysus said:
    After ~3 weeks and 2 engineer callouts to try and get our line sorted, we've been told our internet isn't going to be any better than ~1Mb/s because the cable's in poor condition and they're upgrading everything to fibre so they're not exactly likely to fix it. Which means I now have to either get cable internet or VDSL because standard ADSL isn't ever going to be usable. Bleh.
    Frustrating! Here, we have only one type of service per area, and only one company per type. So if your DSL gets cut to 5Mpbs because "the infrastructure is old, unmaintained, and overwhelmed," and the connection drops out every few minutes, tough. They don't even reduce your bill accordingly, so you're paying as much for that crap as someone in a nearby town pays for steady 30Mbps cable, and there's not a thing you can do about it. I don't mean to trivialize it, and I always feel dirty saying "at least you [insert comparison]" buuuuut... at least you have a choice. Hope you can get it sorted soon and get back to the most important part of the internet - Lusternia. :D
  • edited July 2017
    Never mind.