What are you playing?

Comments

• I'm thinking of giving Meadow a try when I get home later. It's like The Endless Forest (no text communication just actions and emotes) meets Minecraft (textures remind me of it). It's multiplayer, so if anyone else wants to give it a spin, let me know!

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Thanks to the summer sale, I picked up the "real" versions of Half-Life: Black Mesa, Blue Shift, and Opposing Force; as well as realMyst: Masterpiece Edition. I was disappointed they didn't randomize the solution for that last one so that you actually had to play the game to finish it, but oh well. Took probably under 2 hours to blow through it anyway :) .

And I don't care what anyone says, Riven: The Sequel to Myst is still one of those "as close to perfect as you can get" games. I'm loving exploring it again.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I lied, I ended up getting Death Road to Canada from the Summer Sale. I've been having fun making teams of familiar characters. Here, @Sylandra and Phoebus have just begun a fresh attempt to make it to Canada. Sylandra is the leader because playing as Phoebus is rubbish, she gets tired after like 2 seconds of fighting. Until guns are found, she is a pure support character.

Note Sylandra's "Friend of Dog" power, and her display of secret Gaudiguchian tendencies with the desire for flamethrowers. I was hoping Phoebus would get a funnier random profile line for my screenshot, noble bearing is a little boring. Once, she was afraid of chickens. Don't be afraid of yourself, Phoebus! Embrace the chickeny essence inside you.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Frantic whiner sounds about right.

(jkilusylandra)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    Frantic whiner sounds about right.

(jkilusylandra)
    Lmao I actually encouraged that trait pick. XD
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    She sure does look unhappy, though.  That attitude.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Those sprites are somehow perfect though???

• Planet Coaster is awesome. I saw someone had built Hogwarts in a video and was sold on that alone. I love building things.

On the other hand, started playing Path of Exile, I have way too much fun killing and picking up things I don't need to sell (Oh, hey, just like me with Skyrim, too!)
  • edited July 2017
    I almost forgot about this neat little simulator online, enjoy!
    http://brantsteele.net/hungergames/r.php?c=qcgWK8Gy
  • So, like. I found out Fate/Grand Order is now released in the US app store.

http://fate-go.us/

I've gone and made an account there as well, so if anyone here is going to start, my friend code is: 340 424 049

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Just finished the final section of the Trial of the Sword in Breath of the Wild. Easily the best segment of the game, with the additional benefit that you can repeat any set of cleared trials when you feel like it. ++
  • ...playing other grindy games, kind of makes me wish lusternia had more grind goals...
    beep
  • edited July 2017
    Been running Endless Forest, also very excited for this game to come out on the 31st

Saurian - Dinosaur survival game, basically like Age of Reptiles MUCK, but well, non text XD (All consoles, and Mac and PC, multiplayer) 

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Restarted in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate kinda recently. I only play solo due to constant fear of tripping people online, and the furthest I ever got before was Shagaru Magala, so I'm hardly a pro at this game, but I do really like it. Not caught up to my last playthrough yet because I've been forcing myself to (attempt to) learn different weapons instead of just blowing through every quest with my one true love, the Charge Blade. I love the CB, it's so fun, but I really do need to branch out more.

Also, Zinogre is still the best and coolest monster. Can't get much better than a thunder wolf wyvern.
    Dream Daddy dating simulator is buckets of fun and charming with all its dad puns. Premise: You are a dad of your own customization! You woo other dads! It's that simple. And it's adorable. Dialogue is great, bachelors are great, your daughter is great, and the mini-games are hilarious. Special shout-out to a Pokemon battle-esque brag battle vs another dad as you face off on whose child is the best. It's clever, cute, and funny.

Also, my dadsona Phil Landerer is rapidly becoming one of my fave otome protagonists. Get it, Phil!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • It's an incremental/clicker game with D&D theme.
    https://www.daggersandsorcery.com
    I started Persona 5 at a friend's house and oh em gee it is wonderful. Even the transition scenes are visually stunning.
    (Also I love all the characters, how will I social link them all?!)
    Daraius said:
  • This vis-novel/game is soo pretty! (Pay what you want)
    Pilot

• Another Game/visual novel, this one's a demo, still in development, but soo cute. You can try for a custom character slot on their patreon too. Bird people!

Abraxas

Not a videogame, but I basically spent the past few days playing the Dominion cardgame nonstop. Highly recommend with three people.
    Daraius said:
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I got bored with Skyrim Special Edition, so reinstalled a fresh copy of old Skyrim and then the Enderal total conversion mod.

It's everything I hoped Skyrim would ever be. I'm loving it! Deep, unnerving storyline, cities that look like real cities, landscapes that look like real landscapes, an original lore, gorgeous music; seriously, if you're bored with Skyrim, give this a try.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Replaying Farcry:Primal after rewatching the Team Four Star lets play of the same.  The game is... sometimes hilarious.  Both intentionally and unintentionally.  That said, if you're one of the millions of people (I'm guessing) who wonder what Larry the Cable Guy would be like as a caveman, WONDER NO LONGER.

All episodes of Life is Strange are available together on Humble Bumble for the sweet price of $5. I enjoyed its Let's Plays so much I've decided to support the game. Dialogue can be cringe but it's fun if you like slice of life games with consequences.
    Daraius said:
  • Tooth and Tail! A RTS about a fictional country that is totally not Russia, populated by adorable anthropomorphic animals that want to revolutionize the country (or keep the status quo) and eat the other classes.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2017
    It will come as a surprise to no one that I snatched that one up as well.  :# 

I've also been playing Warframe because it's free and mindless.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I have been playing Hollow Knight. If you enjoy 2D Castlevania style gameplay, then you owe it to yourself to check it out.
    edited October 2017
    DOKI DOKI LITERATURE CLUB, Y'ALL!

This well-written (horror) visual novel is free on Steam. Write poems and woo cute high school anime girls in a writing and literature club... until you don't. Oh, and be aware that the game is "not suitable for children or those who are easily disturbed." Don't let the opening hour fool you: that warning isn't a mislabel!

Going to add to this since I've played a little more. Yeah, this is actually a pretty scary game. It does a lot of unique things with the visual novel genre that create a super terrifying atmosphere. If you are at all nervous at the prospect of playing a game with a content warning, maybe stay away from this one, because for all its bubblegum cutesy looks, it's definitely got its tags on Steam for a reason.

That said it's really clever and well done so I stand by this recommendation.

(They also include a content warning for those with anxiety and depression, and from the playthroughs I've completed, I feel that warning is earned.)
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    DOKI DOKI LITERATURE CLUB, Y'ALL!

This well-written visual novel is free on Steam. Write poems and woo cute high school anime girls in a writing and literature club. Oh, and be aware that the game is "not suitable for children or those who are easily disturbed." Don't let the opening hour fool you: that warning isn't a mislabel!

(They also include a content warning for those with anxiety and depression, and from the one playthrough I've completed, I feel that warning is earned.)
    Don't play this game. :(

edited October 2017
    It's too late. I've succumbed. :(

ETA: Yep this definitely deserves the horror genre rating. Don't play this late at night like I've been, kids.
    Daraius said: