TIMEOUT disconnection bug?

KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
I've been finding for the past few days that sometimes I will not get the warning that I am due to time out, resulting in when I try to do something, finally getting the disconnect message.

Has anyone else been experiencing this, before I go and file a BUG report?  I just want to make sure it is actually a client/server issue rather than possibly a LAN issue.
Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Best Answer

Answers

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Cool, just wanted to make sure before I went filing a BUG for it. 
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I get this issue with Mudlet. Someone Very Awesome gave me a workaround (keepalive timer) but I wasn't sure what was causing it and seriously thought I was the only one. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    For me, it wasn't a router issue, it was Comcast's "lovely" cable modem.  I went out to Best Buy and bought my own cable modem, swapped it over, bye-bye to that issue.

Of course, Comcast still charges me for the lease on the cable modem box I don't use because that makes so much sense, right?
  • Mudlet seems to bug out and d/c you if you dont see any activty on the screen at all. Im not saying you have to do anything its literally just with nothing scrolling it tends to kick you off.

Doing mmkeep breath when you afk in manse is enough to keep you going though.
  • Sometimes I get booted even when I'm active and doing things. It's very disconcerting to be mid influence/mid bash and then suddenly get DC'd.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    That would be something different than what I, at least, am talking about.

My symptoms basically boiled down to: if I was not inputting text for a period of time, the game and my client would "desync".  If I tried to send text before my timeout hit, the game would flood me with everything that happened during that desync all at once.

If I did not do something in that time period, my client would think it was still connected... and would continue to do so for hours (theoretically days, though I never let it go that long) with absolutely nothing happening.  Once I entered a command, though, I would be disconnected.

I fixed it in the short term by setting up a timer that just sent a blank line to the game which forced a resync.

Long term it was fixed for good by ditching shoddy cable company cable modems and buying a real one.