[Mafia Game] Pick Your Power Mafia: Lusternia - GG! TOWN VICTORY!

Comments

• If Kalikai is telling the truth about going for Bad Santa that means Falaeron must of gotten the role. Which also means that it's likely they're either mafia or the SK. I'm thinking SK, mafia could of easily set up Bad Santa in their favor and cash in on their kills by now.
    ##Unvote
    ##Vote Falaeron

I still think Kalikai is mafia but knowing that Kalikai is mafia makes me want to put pressure on Falaeron. The vote's symbolic more then anything else but we need to talk about your role.
  • So the bad Santa claim means nothing unless a member of the town steps forward to claim it.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Or the scum member that took it, but what are the odds they would step up. 

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Yeah, I've been pretty quiet. Having trouble keeping up with things and just finding I don't have much to say when the time comes around and I have a chance. My creative spark's not really cracking much of late.

But while we're at it, I'm another vanilla.

• Got a reason to not mention what you did go for, Vivet?
  • Nah I'm the Bad Santa.
  • Okay what's your list?
  • Actually on second thought, don't need to know the bad Santa list. If you're town better to not air it and if you're scum you'll just lie about it.
    Lehki said:
    Got a reason to not mention what you did go for, Vivet?
    Back when I was assuming I might end up high in the queue I was planning on godfather or the like, which left me very amused when I saw Arix chose to go that route. When I saw I was toward the bottom, that made me rethink options and consider what other people might pick. With a number of less conventional roles, it seemed more strategic to aim for a more conventional one in the event that everyone else overlooked it (as there is no discussing which ones we're picking while picking). So I tried for role detective. Yep. Awkward, now that we're where we are now.
  • I understand the reasoning there, but not quiet buying that. It's a really safe claim to make at this point. Would rather lynch Vivet, but also don't really trust Kalikai's innocence so I'm good on lynching her too.

##Vote: Vivet
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Heads up: I'll be away from home from tonight until Sunday afternoon, and probably won't checking the forums or posting as often until I'm back. Not that I've been super talkative this game, but still. I'm going to ##Vote: Kalikai now, just in case I have any phone forums issues that'd prevent me from voting before the day ends.
  • Vote Count

Kalikai - 5
    Silvanus
    Falaeron
    Tremula
    Shaddus
    Phoebus

Tremula - 1
    Kalikai

Falaeron - 1
    Othero

Vivet - 1
    Lehki

Non-Voters - 2
    Fyler
    Vivet

Voting closes in about 24 hours. Let me know if I got anyone's vote wrong.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • Well, I'd be willing to lynch Vivet as well. She's using the same reasoning as Tremula, not easy to confirm.  

Since nobody is jumping on the Tremula train
    ##Unvote
    ##Vote Vivet

Just to be contrary and show I've already played my hand, I'll go ahead and ##Vote Vivet.

Not really a critical loss at this point if I do go, and I'm not into OMGUS voting, though I really ought to be voting something.

• ##unvote
    ##Vote Kalikai
    My vote on Falaeron was just to express my suspicions. 

• I've already stated my argument against Kalikai soooo

Vote: Kalikai
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Final Day 3 Vote Count

Kalikai - 7
    Silvanus
    Falaeron
    Tremula
    Shaddus
    Phoebus
    Othero
    Fyler

Vivet - 3
    Lehki
    Kalikai
    Vivet

• Night Three

Before the dark cloud of despondency could fully descend upon Lusterniaville, the intrepid Silvanus strode heroically to the town's central square, wearing a monocle, distinctive hat, and trench coat with the collar turned up against the encroaching chill of night. In a booming voice, he declared to the town that sinister forces lay behind the lynching of Ellowyn. The crimson light of the setting sun outlined his figure in a blood-red glow that made him seem even more impressive and inspiring.

With a roar of acclaim, the town poured out from the town square in search of Kalikai, one of the people implicated by Silvanus' findings. The townspeople showed no forgiveness, no mercy, and no restraint whatsoever as they dragged her to the edge of a deep, yawning pit. With a great heave, the town threw her into the pit, thus bestowing the same death that Dys had already suffered upon the murderous Kalikai.

==

[no flavor zone]

Kalikai, the Vanilla Mafia has been lynched.

It is now Night Three. If your role includes Night actions, please send them to me before the end of Night. This Night phase will end approximately 24 hours from now at 7:59 PM Eastern/6:59 PM Central/11:59 PM GMT on July 8th.

• Day Four

London had Harrods; Bloomington, Minnesota had the Mall of America; most small towns had a Wal-Mart; and Lusterniaville had Trader Bob's Last Chance Emporium---a sprawling and magnificent department store where shoppers could buy anything from fine jewelry, to furniture, to a new puppy, to the week's groceries. To be sure, some of the locals nicknamed the store "Caveat Emptorium" as a jab at the eponymous Trader Bob's shady business practices and occasionally eye-popping prices. Nevertheless, the Emporium was a landmark familiar to all the townspeople and a popular gathering place for people-watchers, attention-seekers, bored teenagers, and, of course, shoppers.

As Silvanus walked through the toys department of the Emporium, carrying a shopping bag full of blueberry ice cream, he began to feel eyes watching his every movement. The sensation made the hairs rise on the back of his neck. He spun around and scanned his suroundings for the mysterious pursuer, but only met the unmoving, unblinking stares of hundreds of dolls sitting on their shelves. Hundreds of toy Ashtoraths, Princess Marilynths, Weeky Peedias, and Cririk Adoms watched him with empty, lifeless, yet somehow spine-chilling button eyes. Confronting all those blank, plush gazes began to unnerve Silvanus, who whirled around again and broke into a run for the neighboring aisle full of teddy bears.

Hearing no footsteps behind him, Silvanus slowed down with a mental sigh of relief. He paused to catch his breath beside the enormous life-sized teddy bear in the center of the aisle. In that instant, the teddy bear's stuffed arm suddenly twitched of its own accord.

"Are you alive?" Silvanus wondered aloud, staring up at the huge teddy bear.

To his surprise, he heard a low voice quite close to his ear. "No. And soon enough, you won't be either."

A pair of hands emerged from behind the giant teddy bear, each holding a small snub-nosed gun. Both guns fired into Silvanus' chest, causing him to shudder briefly and then collapse to the floor beside the shelves of soft, cuddly, but uncaring teddy bears. As blood pooled slowly from Silvanus' body, the hidden killer slid out from their hiding place behind the life-sized teddy bear, patted the bear goodbye, and strolled off into the crowd of milling shoppers.

==

[no flavor zone]

Silvanus, the Town Vote Detective has died.

It is now Day Four. Day will end in 72 hours on July 11 at 7:59 PM Eastern/6:59 Central/11:59 GMT, at which point the game will move to Night Four. Remember, the voting syntaxes are ##Vote Player and #Unvote Player. The ##Unvote Player is especially helpful because it helps me find where your original vote was placed and keeps me from double-counting your name on a particular vote list.

• Well that's good actually, now we know for sure he was telling the truth. Which means we know there's another scum among Vivet, Fyler, and I forget who else because I still think it's Vivet.

##Vote: Vivet

I was a bit concerned since I knew I had a long Sunday ahead of me at work, so coming home to find a single post up for the day phase is quite a surprise. A bit alarming in some regards, but then again I don't think I'd blame anyone for being cautious about applying votes right now.

After having some time to think about the current state of things, I thought I'd try to organise my thoughts aloud - will be doing so shortly, once I double check a few things.

Before I begin, I will have an important question for @Irillia - will we be informed for LyLo or MyLo conditions in the event they arrive? I don't recall any specific mention of them, and know we typically expect them. HOWEVER - we expect them in games with a much less open set up, where we can't build so much theory around roles we can expect to exist. So it may understandably be that we won't be informed - that this information might be considered too powerful. I think we'll want to know before going forward from here regardless.

That said, I will touch upon a point that has been bothering me for some time, and which others have brushed upon.

Having the Prince(ss) of Darkness use their power on the first night seemed like a bad/wasted move.

Similarly, I had sincerely and genuinely forgotten there was a serial killer at all, and had to go back to look at what was given for us to know. The serial killer has not been killing, and based on the fact Silvanus was targetted and killed last night, I think it's safe to assume this isn't because we've had a lucky medic. If anything, I think it can be safe to assume there is no medic at all.

Over time, I've come to a conclusion that I think can logically explain this scum behaviour.

1.) The remaining mafia besides the Prince(ss) of Darkness has a power that can kill, that being one of these three: bad santa, cpr doctor, day vigilante

Given that context, it would make sense for the killing role to hold out and lay low while they burn the double night power early to get a premature lead. If no one suspects the possible double kill at the end, it can lead to a quick wrap up.

By the same argument:

2.) A serial killer who isn't killing has a way to claim an edge near the end game. It is likely that the serial killer is either: bad santa, cpr doctor, or day vigilante.

Look at the current state of the game. We're at 8 players. If we lynch today, and someone dies overnight, that will leave six players for the next day. So if the serial killer can still double kill one a six player day, it's basically gameover if we mislynch. For that reason, I expect we might not see any mafia kill on the coming night to avoid this particular situation, but it's hard to say for sure. Just something I mused to myself.

So far, everyone who has claimed vanilla has apparently gone for a non-killing power. So this leaves an important question for @Lehki - as I recall, you haven't hinted at your role (or maybe I missed it?) You don't have to reveal, but if you attempted to pick up either cpr doctor or day vig, then that'd be useful to know. Just a yes or not on that one is suitable for me.

Another point of interest - the first page has the kills presented in the sign up order, but not the drafting order. Here is the drafting order for your perusal:

Draft Order Results

1. Tarkenton Sylandra (dead)

2. Arix (dead)

3. Ellowyn (dead)

4. Tremula

5. Falaeron

6. Dys (dead)

7. Shaddus

8. Kalikai (dead)

9. Silvanus (dead)

10. Othero

11. Phoebus

12. Vivet

13. Fyler

14. Lehki

So that's where we stand. The top of the list is gone, a few are skipped before Dys, then Silvanus was nicked to seemingly prevent him from using his other role investigating one-shot.

And out of the list Silvanus provided, it was me, Fyler, Phoebus, and Tremula that remained mafia options.

I'm pretty close to forming my own conclusions at this point, but I still really want to know if Lehki can provide any insight on the presence of remaining killing powers before applying my vote or trying to rally anyone.

• Sadly I did not pick one of those killing powers when I made my choice, so no useful info to provide there.
    Mmkay. Still want to hear from Irillia too.
  • I will not be announcing if LyLo or MyLo is in effect.
    Aah. Rat farts. If LyLo/MyLo confirmation was a sure thing then I'd feel like going after mafia today would be the thing to do, then we could react based on notification on the next day. Now I'm not so sure.

Thoughts all around?

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    The way I see it, going for the lynch to hit another mafia member from the short list of voters is our best option. The SK hasn't been killing, so there's no chance they can take out any mafia for us, leaving lynches as our only way to fight them. If we don't lynch at all, we're sitting ducks for both parties that want to kill us; therefore, I feel that we have to lynch. We have a great lead to follow, with our odds of success improved by voting within the votecheck results. We should take advantage of that.
  • Really we're narrowed down to either Fyler, Tremula, or Vivet, if your godfather/copy cat claim is to be trusted. That then most likely gives us a 3rd mafia somewhere (kinda looking at Falaeron with bad santa) and a SK who's not killing (Also looking l
  • Whoops, that's not a finished thought. I'm also looking at Falaeron for the SK because of bad santa.
  • People being pretty quiet.

I agree that we should lynch somebody among those 3. I do think we can trust the copycat claim since Fylet corroborated it, and my money is still on Vivet. I'm suspect of the claim of vanilla, despite whatever reasoning she provided for going for Vote Detective.