Artifact Ideas

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited July 2017
    I've been pondering on making tracking quest mobs a little easier without ripping off tracking, thusly:

Kiakoda's divination compass:

Allows you to 'tune' the needle to a specific mob/item of any type and then, everytime you move, if there's a mob in the area, the needle will point into the general direction of the nearest mob. Probably need to be able to 'touch' it to activate/deactivate it. If there's no mob to tune it to, the needle will just spin around itself. Limited to the area you're currently in, of course.

Price? 300 credits I suppose.

examples:

tune compass seahorse => track mob called 'seahorse'
    tune compass squid => tune compass to track any squid.
    tune compass flower => tune compass to track anything called 'flower'

Am not sure if there's not items that need to specifically excluded/included to make it balanced, (particularly thinking life ascension challenge, hamster hunts ), though.

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Alright this one may just be me, but it may also be others who classflex a lot.
    A sheath that can hold several weapons. But not just warrior weapons, I mean I want something like I sheath I can stick all my class specific weapons in.

As it sounds pretty Balla I think 150 credits sounds a fair price.

Help Alli with all of her inventory clutter <3
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I thought there was one, a Klangratch sheath.  Pretty sure I own one of the things.  Does it not work with non-warrior weapons?  I know I keep a dagger in mine.
  • I tried that once but couldn't get an athame in it if I remember correctly and wasn't a warrior yet
    Leave me an in-game message to remind me when I get home tonight, I will try to find a Wiccan to loan me their athame and try it out.  I am pretty sure that monk weapons, at least, will go into it.

As a note for clarification, though, you cannot PUT anything into it.  You have to wield and then sheathe the items.  Not sure if that is what you tried but I know I have tripped over that a time or two when I just want to move something from my inventory into it.
  • Allixea said:
    I tried that once but couldn't get an athame in it if I remember correctly and wasn't a warrior yet
    Yeah, chances are it's checking a weapon flag on the replica. I can see if, if it doesn't work from Xenthos' testing, a way around it.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    Ianir said:
    Allixea said:
    I tried that once but couldn't get an athame in it if I remember correctly and wasn't a warrior yet
    Yeah, chances are it's checking a weapon flag on the replica. I can see if, if it doesn't work from Xenthos' testing, a way around it.
    In the old system athames actually had weapon stats, so theoretically they would have this weapon flag, no?  Unless it is a new flag as part of the overhaul.  The fact that it did have stats (and you could attack with it) is why I have the impression that it should work.
  • Xenthos said:
    Ianir said:
    Allixea said:
    In the old system athames actually had weapon stats, so theoretically they would have this weapon flag, no?  Unless it is a new flag as part of the overhaul.  The fact that it did have stats (and you could attack with it) is why I have the impression that it should work.
    If that's the case, yeah, it should work. Let me know, I might be wrong about how it works. I haven't actually looked at the code, I'm just assuming.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • edited July 2017
    Athame dont count as "weapons" you cant swing them for example like other proper forged daggers.

EDIT:It'd actually be pretty nice if you could swing them and stab people with them to be honest.
    edited July 2017
    Okay, testing indicates that you can't sheathe an athame, but it also shows a few other oddities that makes it look like you are supposed to be able to and there is a bug involved.

1) WP ATHAME:
    It has no enhancements.
    It can hold up to 1 enhancement(s) in total.
    There are no poisons or magical effects on an athame dagger.

Note that this is the WP of a weapon / armour.  If you try to WP something that is not a weapon, you get:
    There are no poisons or magical effects on Spurs of the Traveller.

2) You can put weapon enhancements on an athame.
    enhancement add athame speed

You draw on the energy within an augmented shell of power.
    Working carefully with your materials, you imbue an athame dagger with the speed enhancement.

The item has the following enhancements: speed.
    It can hold up to 1 enhancement(s) in total.
    There are no poisons or magical effects on an athame dagger.

3) When you try to sheathe it, the error message is:
    You must be wielding your athame to do that.

When trying to sheathe things that are not weapons, you get:
    You can only sheathe weapons or wands you are wielding.

4) However, despite it being a weapon, if you try to attack something with it you get:
    You are not wielding any weapons.

Basically, it's in a weird limbo state in between being a weapon and not a weapon mechanically, and it actually has a specific error message preventing it from being sheathed.  I thought that it might be because I don't own the athame (it's Veyils'), so I actually gave my belt to her and had her try it.  She received the same note.

* ADDITIONAL NOTE *
    Other things that are not athames (instruments such as lyres, for example) are not weapons at all and cannot be sheathed with the standard error message:
    sheathe lyre
    You can only sheathe weapons or wands you are wielding.

Edit:
    5) Additional observation: You can Weaponparry with an Athame, but NOT with a Lyre.
  • Oh! Here's an idea.
    A bank for manses
    does everything a bank does but placeable in a manse, like the post office, stage, stable, and everything else that makes a manse like an org.
    The stable fees could even default to the manse bank, it could be useful for large clans, and big stores to have an easily accessible place to store oodles of gold.
    300cr like the post office sounds like a fair price in my mind but it is only an opinion of course.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Allixea said:
     everything a bank does 
    ??? Just a box for money?
  • edited July 2017
    Binoculars of Clairvoyance (1000cr): An upgrade to the spectacles of clairvoyance that let you see when anyone enters your area, not just those on your ally / enemy lists.

Monocle of Clairvoyance (250cr): A downgraded version of the spectacles of clairvoyance that require you to RAISE MONOCLE (or something like that - rather than passively telling you), informing you only of how many people are in an area rather than the specific people. Requires balance but does not take it.
  • Enyalida said:
    Allixea said:
     everything a bank does 
    ??? Just a box for money?
    No banks also take clan fees and stable fees if you have a stable. Also your same argument could be applied to a manse stable, it's just a box for beasts.
  • Also a box is for just one person, anyone could use your manse bank.

I cant see any reason why a manse bank cant exist.(Outside of potential crazy coding issues that I have no idea about)
  • edited July 2017
    Deleted because it wasn't funny
  • Miniature City/Commune (10k credits)

Turns your aethermanse into a fully functioning city/commune, with everything you need to play lusternia single player.
  • edited July 2017
    Unnakedizer 6000 (200cr)

Pointing the Unnakedizer (tm) at a naked character will forceably clothe them in newbie clothes for the next IG year. Note that they may put other clothes on top, but if they attempt to return to their unclad uncouthness, the line will instead read "They are dressed in n00b clothes, and are unnaked".

Somebody else once suggested a collar that lets you turn a mount into a mini pet. 10/10 would buy.

Cash Converter (idk how much, just brainstorming)

Turns your credits into dingbats (or vice versa) for a cost of 1000 gold per unit.

Cookie Converter (same)

Same for cookies. Because managing three urtraps is a pain in the ass.

• Foehn said:
    Binoculars of Clairvoyance (1000cr): An upgrade to the spectacles of clairvoyance that let you see when anyone enters your area, not just those on your ally / enemy lists.

Monocle of Clairvoyance (250cr): A downgraded version of the spectacles of clairvoyance that require you to RAISE MONOCLE (or something like that - rather than passively telling you), informing you only of how many people are in an area rather than the specific people. Requires balance but does not take it.
    Agree with the first one, not so much the second. I can't see paying 250 credits for something that only tells you "There are 5 people nearby" with no other information.
  • Versalean said:
    Miniature City/Commune (10k credits)

Turns your aethermanse into a fully functioning city/commune, with everything you need to play lusternia single player.
    Damn, that was gonna be my next suggestion :( 11/10 louder
  • Kerith said:
    Foehn said:

Agree with the first one, not so much the second. I can't see paying 250 credits for something that only tells you "There are 5 people nearby" with no other information.
    Perhaps an adjustment: make it passive: "Someone has entered the area." "Someone has left the area". Or keep it active and lower the cost. Just taking a wild guess at the costs here.
  • Korue's Calling Card (250cr): Must LOAD CARD WITH X GOLD and then ACTIVATE CARD (can DEACTIVATE CARD as well). As long as the card is active and has enough funds, Korue will send an assistant to tend to your ur'traps as soon as they're ready, sending any released items directly to your rift or inventory, refilling the trap's bait and reactivating it. Deducts the following funds for each tending of a trap:
    • 500 gold for the visit itself plus,
    • 100 gold for a small creature
    • 250 gold for a large creature
    • 500 gold for a huge creature
    Or something like that. You also get a little message from Korue everytime his assistant has tended to a trap.

• Allixea said:
    Versalean said:
    Miniature City/Commune (10k credits)

Damn, that was gonna be my next suggestion :( 11/10 louder
    No Helping Rogues policy means they won't do that sort of stuff.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    No Helping Rogues policy means they won't do that sort of stuff.
    I was hoping the spinal tap reference would declare that one a joke haha
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Ianir said:
    Falaeron said:
    Nose upgrade to remove the 3rd person line.
    This actually got discussed last night after the stream. Removal probably isn't on the table, but customisation may be in the near future.

EDIT: Though I am curious if there are any lines, skill or artifact, that people would like the ability to customise other than nose right now. We have to set them up one by one, so I'd rather do them in small batches.
    Oh, another neat artifact line to customize might be cubix activations.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Ianir said:

EDIT: Though I am curious if there are any lines, skill or artifact, that people would like the ability to customise other than nose right now. We have to set them up one by one, so I'd rather do them in small batches.
    Am amazed @Lavinya hasn't already mentioned customable whip lines.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
  • Karlach said:
    Ianir said:

Am amazed @Lavinya hasn't already mentioned customable whip lines.
    But while we're at it... customizable whip lines would be swell.
  • edited July 2017
    an amber-banded tongue ring (25db): Let's you speak the language of a given race, only one is wearable at a time.

Uses the same color scheme as the race hats and pins. Obviously not all races have racial languages, so limited to just those races. Helps in those unfortunate situations where someone tries to speak to you in the language of your perceived race only to realize that you don't actually speak that language...

Maybe it also makes you lose your native racial language if any - so you don't gain bonus languages.

Edit: or maybe it just gives you the racial language of your perceived race so as to not over complicate it and introduce N different artis just for language.