GoopFundMe

A common theme keeps cropping up: People want to see more goop artifacts!  Having more available will be good for everyone; it's an alternate tradeable currency that can take the place of credits, but it is incredibly devalued right now because there is a limit on what you can buy with it.  We, as players, actually have the power to fix this problem.

I'm hoping that if there's a place with the requirements listed out and where people can discuss and plan, we might see some more gains on this front.

Here's what is needed:
1) People who want a specific artifact in the goop-shop!  You need to request the artifact(s) you'd like to see there.
2) A designer!  This can either be you, or by request of someone else.  Sometimes designers like some acknowledgement / payment for their work, so this will have to be negotiated between you if necessary.  But keep in mind that whatever you design will become a permanent artifact in the game that others will be able to buy and enjoy, too.
3) 2,000 aethergoop!  This does not all have to be from the same person, however.  If you've got other people who want the same skin design, you can work together to pool your resources and get it listed.
4) Someone who actually owns the base version of the artifact in question!  This one's easy enough to find.  It can be anyone who owns that artifact.  Even if that person doesn't want your skin in the end, they can always just reskin it back to the original.
5) Patience!  Once submitted, you need to wait for our friendly neighbourhood admin-folk to review the customization request and approve it.

I'm willing to volunteer any of my artifacts up for skinning purposes to get them on the list, and I'm sure many others are as well.

Naming credit goes to Sabnoc.

Comments

• edited July 2017
    I'm saving up goop for the  "An Endowment of the Arts" artifact.

Once I get enough I'm happy to pay the 2k, if someone wants it sooner though I'm happy to chip in earlier.
  • Are there any restrictions on which artifacts/types of artifacts can have skins designed for them?
  • edited July 2017
    Chirbi said:
    Are there any restrictions on which artifacts/types of artifacts can have skins designed for them?
    No consumable (e.g. lips, beast reagents, manna of the gods), new artifacts will be rejected until at least a month has passed since their release, no auction artifacts, we have the right to refuse for literally any other reason as well (though haven't done so yet).

Some might require a flag to be set to gain a skin. This generally involves the person customising issuing themselves so I can take care of it. It tells you if this is the case. This is not a rejection message, this is a "Ianir needs to make a decision and enter a command" message.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said: we have the right to refuse for literally any other reason as well (though haven't done so yet).
    I'm curious...
  • Versalean said:
    Ianir said: we have the right to refuse for literally any other reason as well (though haven't done so yet).
    I'm curious...
    Standard disclaimer as to the list potentially not being exclusive. We review every single request and often consider precedent and other factors.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    All right.  I'm seeing interest, but not a lot of actual movement.  Let's see if we can sweeten the pot a little.

I will offer up 400 aethergoop towards any goop customization done through one of my artifacts (so if you're doing it for yourself, you will need just 1600 goop, or you and a friend could do 800 each), for the first 5 customizations done (if there's a lot of interest in this, I could expand it, but let's see how it goes to start).

Some possible ideas include (note that you can use the ASHOP command to look at what any of these do):
    a circlet of crystal thorns
    Boots of the Wanderer
    a conical, nexus headdress
    a flux capacitor
    Winged Sandals of Haste
    a powerplex jewel
    an aetheric keystone
    a Fan of Storms
    - Any of the anti-planar-movement rings (I think only one of these currently has a goop skin)
    a golden paintbrush
    a silver jeweller's hamer

Note that there are a lot more artifacts out there, just trying to give some ideas on what you could look into.  Is there an artifact you want and would prefer to collect goop for?  Post it here!  Let's get some more goop artifacts up in the shop. :)
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Xenthos said:

Definitely something that could have used a better design. For those who have never seen one yet, the basic artifact is designed to look like, for all intents and purposes, a dunce's cap.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    Xenthos said:

Definitely something that could have used a better design. For those who have never seen one yet, the basic artifact is designed to look like, for all intents and purposes, a dunce's cap.
    Which I suppose is a very loose definition of a 'headdress',  It is one of those artifacts that I think needs a different form completely (but then again, I am one of those that still is trying to not look more ridiculous each time an artifact comes out...)

I gave up the ridiculous-look thing ages ago. :p  It's pretty difficult with some of these things.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I've been trying to think of ideas for skins and write them, but my designing muscle has atrophied considerably over time. Maybe I'll come up with something, maybe I won't.
  • Xenthos said:
    All right.  I'm seeing interest, but not a lot of actual movement.  Let's see if we can sweeten the pot a little.
    I think there'd be more action if we could also design for artifacts we don't intend to buy. A lot of designers would probably submit designs just for the gratification of seeing their design get used. If the 2,000 goop cost was charged when you actually bought the skin instead of before, there'd be an opportunity to submit for a wider variety of items.

That said, next time I get a little OT at work I may or may not spring for an algontherine whistle goop skin! Thanks for offering 400 goop and the use of your artifacts.
    I do have a whistle, so that offer's definitely open for you! :)
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Not sure if I'm being blind or this just isn't documented, but are we allowed to change nouns on aethergoop skins?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:
    Not sure if I'm being blind or this just isn't documented, but are we allowed to change nouns on aethergoop skins?
    No, you can't. You can idea a noun change and hope that an admin likes the idea, but beyond that, the system doesn't allow noun changes at this time sadly.
  • Portius said:
    As Ayisdra said, but frankly, if we go out of our way for a noun change, we're going to make it do some fancy stuff (like the snowglobes for the magic map).
  • Xenthos said:

I will offer up 400 aethergoop towards any goop customization done through one of my artifacts (so if you're doing it for yourself, you will need just 1600 goop, or you and a friend could do 800 each), for the first 5 customizations done (if there's a lot of interest in this, I could expand it, but let's see how it goes to start).

Some possible ideas include (note that you can use the ASHOP command to look at what any of these do):
    a circlet of crystal thorns
    Boots of the Wanderer
    a flux capacitor
    Winged Sandals of Haste
    a powerplex jewel
    an aetheric keystone
    a Fan of Storms
    - Any of the anti-planar-movement rings (I think only one of these currently has a goop skin)
    a golden paintbrush
    a silver jeweller's hamer

Note that there are a lot more artifacts out there, just trying to give some ideas on what you could look into.  Is there an artifact you want and would prefer to collect goop for?  Post it here!  Let's get some more goop artifacts up in the shop. :)
    There's already a powerplex skin: 
    689  A pulsating powerplex jewel of varie Utility                 5000ag
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    just wanted to chime in and say, I'll gladly goop skin artifacts for people too, as long all costs are covered for myself. I'll keep an eye on the thread in case someone's looking for an artifact that I can offer. Maybe I'll even skin some myself, just mostly is a problem of available goop most of the time.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm not the best designer in the game, but I'll design custom skins for people if they're interested. Just pm me here, and I'll shoot you some  basic ideas, and we can work from there. Working for tips.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'd donate 500 goop towards the goopification of a few bubblixes, including the screwdriver, icicle, and doll's head.
  • I can commit 500 for either the icicle or doll's head.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Oh dam I didn't even think of gooping them. Yea I think folks would chip into that. I'd be happy to pop in a few for the gnafa bixes
    Well, sounds like that is approaching 2000 for either the icicle or doll's head; need a description and can then go on from there!
  • @Veyils - it's my recollection that there are Gnafia machines on Facility, Dramube, Muckle, and Cankermore. Are you saying you're willing to put goop towards those four bixes? 500?

@Xenthos - is your subsidy offer still in place for a while?

I'm relatively indifferent to design. So long as it's not the Verdant Celestine Icicle of Collectivization, I'm happy for others to do it. Otherwise, I'm sure I can track someone down to do a neutral design. Please state your preferences.
    Yep, my offer's still good, and I've got an icicle (two actually, I need to trade one in some day).
  • Mrak said:
    @Veyils - it's my recollection that there are Gnafia machines on Facility, Dramube, Muckle, and Cankermore. Are you saying you're willing to put goop towards those four bixes? 500?

@Xenthos - is your subsidy offer still in place for a while?

I'm relatively indifferent to design. So long as it's not the Verdant Celestine Icicle of Collectivization, I'm happy for others to do it. Otherwise, I'm sure I can track someone down to do a neutral design. Please state your preferences.

Ah dam sorry I mean the other ones the non-gnafia ones. Bottledowns/Crumkindivia/Frosticia and Xion.
  • Okay, I'll put down another 100 on the icicle, which puts us at 2000. Any thoughts on the design Ciaran and Veyils?

My offer still stands for the doll's head and screwdriver if a few others want to jump on those trains.
  • edited August 2017
    I would love to see a goop divine pendant. Would put down goop for that if someone has a design. 
    Mrak said:
    Okay, I'll put down another 100 on the icicle, which puts us at 2000. Any thoughts on the design Ciaran and Veyils?

My offer still stands for the doll's head and screwdriver if a few others want to jump on those trains.
    Icicle dagger?  Icicle-looped-into-a-circle?  Hollow icicle filled with a liquid in which bubbles slowly move back and forth?
  • It must be at least as cool as a David Goldsworthy ice piece:

Also, would anyone like to split an algontherine whistle with me? I have a design that's just about ready!
  • edited August 2017
    Hey gang! I saw a lot of folks who want the Frostica bix, but it seemed like folks were open to outside designs. I'm sorry if I misunderstood, but I thought I'd take a stab at it! Feel free to use, not use, edit, whatever.

Cost:
      6000 aethergoop
    Artifact Description:
    An Icicle Athame (Frosticia)
      - Permanent and resets to owner
      - Lets you move to one location instantly
      - It can only be used from the prime, ethereal or elemental planes and the aetherbubble they are connected to
      - Same limitations as a cubix or prism
      - Syntax: TOUCH <item>

Short Description:
    an icicle formed into an athame
    Dropped Description:
    Forgotten, condensate collects around a wicked icicle on the ground.
    Extended Description:
    Squelching any warm touch, an icicle has been formed into a practical athame with a wicked trailing point. Just under four inches in length, the icicle's blade is sturdy with quillons adorned by brass tips and filigree protecting the wielder's palm. Comfortable, finger grooves are cut into the handle as well as two channels to divert condensation. Finishing the icicle, a brass roundel with a small, glass bauble caps the handle. Underneath the bauble's surface, a tireless blizzard threatens to break through.
    1st Person:
    Childhood mischief grips you as you set out to prove your tongue won't get stuck to an icicle formed into an athame. Momentary horror grasps you as you cut your tongue on the blade, but a cool emptiness takes over as the athame rends your body in two. From the inside out, you are sucked across the aethers.
    3rd Person:
    ^player tests an icicle formed into an athame with their tongue, seeing if it will get stuck. Immediately their tongue is sliced on the blade, and the athame runs clean through their body. Innards first, they are sucked into the aethers.

This artifact is a skin of:
       a translucent icicle (300 dingbats)

Category: utility
    Keywords: aethergoop travel bubblix

edit: I am remembering reading custom 1st/3rd person lines aren't typically feasible because of under-the-hood reasons. I'm sure clarification will come! :smile:
    edit2: @Mrak updated to fix the main noun