Woo Guild Tasks

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2745
Date: 6/28/2017 at 20:11
To : Everyone
Subj: Guild Tasks and Points System

Remember those days...
When you had to update a project every two minutes to track guild member
advancement? 
Be concerned with who had access to said project?
Worry about your task completion getting lost because your old proctors 
just up and went to sleep? 
Or a proctor forgetting to update the project?
Or not knowing if you got all your points or how many times you might 
have completed a task? 

NO MORE!!

We bring you the new Guild Tasks and Points System! It was created with 
overworked guild leaders and ambitious, rising guild members in mind. 

The new guild tasks and points system allows guild leaders and 
privilege-invested position holders to create a set list of tasks for 
guild members to complete to earn for points. They are also empowered to
award manual points for reasons above and beyond the task list as 
needed. 
o Individuals with the "Tasks" privilege can manage and maintain the 
guild's task list, as well as set thresholds for promotion 
notifications. (See HELP GUILDTASKS) 
o Individuals with the "Promote" privilege can award or remove points 
from other members of the guild. (See HELP AWARDINGPOINTS) 

For guilds who have tasks to complete a certain quest, you can associate
quests to guild tasks. This means, if a member who qualifies for that 
guild task (based on the set path or rank requirements), completes the 
indicated quest, they will automatically earn the points! Players do not
need to manually track down and try to "prove" a member completed a 
quest or not. The "quest tracker" sees all and awards the efforts of the
brave! 

Now the big question, how does my guild get access to it?
You've got it! Every guild has access automatically. Though guild 
leaders can manage tasks by default, they will need to make a GUILD 
REQUEST to have the new "tasks" privilege added to any positions they 
deem appropriate. Note: Tasks privilege is NOT investible to ranks, only
positions. 

In summary:
Guild members will now have a real-time, up-to-date record of all the 
points you have earned in your time with the guild, as well as who 
awarded them to you. 

Guild leaders no longer need to worry if a task was recorded or awarded 
and have greater peace of mind that record-keeping just got a whole lot 
easier. 

New help files have been added to explain the new system's commands and 
syntax in more detail: 
HELP GUILDPOINTSSYSTEM
HELP GUILDTASKS
HELP AWARDINGPOINTS

Enjoy and happy paperworking!

Penned by My hand on the 16th of Dvarsh, in the year 477 CE.

I'm absolutely loving this so far, just needed to rethink a few things and our stuff just slots in ^_^.

One possible addition/change though might be the default display for "guild tasks list" could be nice if it was all tasks the player is elligible for. So it checks rank, path, and completions to display, potentially, a "to-do list"

Comments

• I need a love button. Make it loads of love buttons. 
  • Saran said:
    One possible addition/change though might be the default display for "guild tasks list" could be nice if it was all tasks the player is elligible for. So it checks rank, path, and completions to display, potentially, a "to-do list"
    It does if you don't have the ability to change them.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I haven't actually checked on this yet, but it sounds amazing. Will it have support for things like "Bring in X bards", "Do this quest", "influence this village"?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    I haven't actually checked on this yet, but it sounds amazing. Will it have support for things like "Bring in X bards", "Do this quest", "influence this village"?
    Quests, yes, as long as they're actually tied into our quest system (they show up on QUESTS) - Feel free to bug them if you arent' sure or they don't.

Bards and villages, no.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    Saran said:
    It does if you don't have the ability to change them.
    Bugging, cause no one else in the Listeners has the permission yet but Tristanna can see all the tasks including a disabled one.
  • Interesting. I'm actually thinking of using 0 value tasks for optional tasks instead, but using it for formatting is something that didn't cross my mind, and which could be useful!

• I know this is a hare-splitting question, so bear with me. Is there any intention of tying this in with achievements? So even though bards aren't a triggerable quest, maybe a bard song could be?
  • Chirbi said:
    I know this is a hare-splitting question, so bear with me. Is there any intention of tying this in with achievements? So even though bards aren't a triggerable quest, maybe a bard song could be?
    I was wondering about that. I thought that was considered a quest, so I was confused why it didn't count.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kerith said:
    Chirbi said:
    I know this is a hare-splitting question, so bear with me. Is there any intention of tying this in with achievements? So even though bards aren't a triggerable quest, maybe a bard song could be?
    I was wondering about that. I thought that was considered a quest, so I was confused why it didn't count.
    There are quests (of which basically anything that triggers karma when you complete it is one), and there are Quests (which are built into the Quests system).  Bards and scholars are not built into the Quests system, but guild tasks can only be triggered off of Quests (there's nothing for the more generic mini-quest things).

They would have to actually make a Quest in the system for these smaller things in order to be able to trigger off of them.
  • edited July 2017
    If tasks are disabled are they still viewable by everyone?

EDIT: If I had read the help scroll properly I would have known the answer, ignore me!