Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Thanks for the Executioner's Pendant!
  • edited July 2017
    edit: woops, wrong place.
  • Been said before, but bringing it up again: wildewood and wyrdenwood racial hats. Please oh please.

And just to get the obligatory "gnome and fink hats too" reply out of the way, those too.
  • 2k Credit arti:
    Choker of Wyrden Supremacy:
    Syntax: do NMBG to applies Aeon to all enemies in the area

I am sure this would be universally loved.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Upgrade to the lifeline arti that takes away power cost and hourly limit, but requires mutual allies and full h/m/e.
  • Artifact music box. Perma musicbox that lets you pick ego/health/mana anti regen, only one at a time. Its up permanatly saves having to crank it. Cranking it to switch anti regen type using balance.

Artifact truetime enchantment, perma truetime enchantment no rubbing required.

• Not sure if it could be qol, but maybe a spice rack artie that works like the dollhouse so you can store all your cooking bottle curios in, including spectral cooking cup. You could also anchor it to your manse if you wanted.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Veyils said:

Wouldn't this delete aeon? (or whatever tf it's called in this game). Don't get me wrong: I'm all for it.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Versalean said:
    Veyils said:

Wouldn't this delete aeon? (or whatever tf it's called in this game). Don't get me wrong: I'm all for it.
    not at all. truetime only makes curing aeon -slightly- faster. You already can upkeep it and it stays active for very long, just removes the need of having to upkeep it occasionally -and- removes the need to find tinkers to make you new watches when yours decay.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Yea its a ever so slight buff in combat to avoid you having to recast it. Similar to the music boxes in the artifact would be a minor buff to you not having to crank it.
  • Ah, thanks. I thought it nixxed aeon and was stripped in the process. Shows how long it's been since I've pvp'd >_< Anyway, good idea in that case - upvoted!
    mobile gnomish feeding station

Little, mobile device of gnomish origin that can hold 20 pieces of food. Whenever one of your beasts feedbags has space, it'll zip out of your inventory and refill that feedbag, till the device itself is empty.

Wouldn't remove the need to refill, but would allow to make the refill once per login instead of roughly every hour. Suppose would be worth 50 - 100 credits to me. (or maybe dingbats ? ).

• Bump because Estarra can no longer access the forums.

Looking for more dingbat item ideas.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • To clarify, we're looking for whimsical artifact ideas and especially a few ideas to justify a higher cost. Thanks!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Estarra said:
    To clarify, we're looking for whimsical artifact ideas and especially a few ideas to justify a higher cost. Thanks!

By the bottom part, you mean that you're looking for higher-priced dingbat ideas?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Artifact sorta not directly related to combat but sort of one everyone would want for a high price.

Steal the Lucidian power reserve regeneration in the sun and make it terrain based.

EG
    The Gnomish street sucker.
    You regenerate 1% reseves every ingame hour while standing on road/urban terrain.

The woodchipper
    You regenerate 1% reserves every ingame hour while standing on forestal lands.

Etc

• Veyils said:
    Artifact sorta not directly related to combat but sort of one everyone would want for a high price.

Steal the Lucidian power reserve regeneration in the sun and make it terrain based.

EG
    The Gnomish street sucker.
    You regenerate 1% reseves every ingame hour while standing on road/urban terrain.

The woodchipper
    You regenerate 1% reserves every ingame hour while standing on forestal lands.

Etc

Make it an Aethergear/Aethersuit module!
  • An aethersuit module that allows you to fly into aetherspace. 1500 dingbats.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    They're a rocket tree....ROCKET TREE, killing kethuru's bits out here alone...
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Mirror of Vanity : 100 credits

Lets you sketch/paint yourself

(Unless this is already a thing. Please be a thing!)
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Ess said:
    Mirror of Vanity : 100 credits

Lets you sketch/paint yourself

(Unless this is already a thing. Please be a thing!)
    Hey, this is really neat. Also gives me the following idea:

Statue of Vanity: 100 credits

A statue of yourself that changes along with your present appearance.
  • A helm like aethersuits
    with different modules for keeping defenses up, trueblind, truedeaf, third eye, maybe even something to let you see noncorporeal things like dreamweavers. 
    Easily another big dingbat sink
  • Leprechaun Transcription Device (200 dingbats)
    Allows you to TELL DEVICE <message>. The device will then display your message in a room emote, removing any drunk filtering.

Revertification Brace (300 dingbats)
    Wearing this full-body brace will stop you from falling over or out of your saddle whilst drunk.

Intravenous Kaffeinator 2000 (500 dingbats)
    Stops you from falling unconscious due to drunkenness, at a cost of (10% max health?) per proc.

NB - inb4 "people with 50 poteens need penalties". I agree, but each of the above is more expensive than one heartstop a RL day.
  • We really like some of these ideas! Keep them coming!
  • edited August 2017
    -Micro Algontherine Egg:
    Specially adapted to live outside of aetherspace, this unique creature will allow the owner access to a mobile, portable home/vehicle, upgradeable to a max of 10 rooms. Similar to Balloon artifact, take your entourage with you. May be designed to the user's specifications, and any manse additions may be made to it. Special abilities: Fly, Dive/DeepseaDive, Burrow, Chameleon. Live in the sky, underwater, underground. Cannot be set up in/linked to organisational territories without org perms. Can never become an aethership.

Could have an owner's charm, allows for 
    STROKE- Sets the final destination, needs room number, similar to speedwalk. Otherwise can use regular directional commands.
    STUDY- Receive a tell from your micro algontherine, telling you it's current location, including room number
    BRUSH - Syncs the charm to you, enabling use of the charm and permission to enter, also used to transfer ownership. Can't be forced. 
    TICKLE - Unsets the algontherine from its last location and channels it back into the charm, allowing you carry it with you. 
    RELEASE- Releases the algontherine to form in your current location.
    RECALL - Teleports you inside. Planar restrictions apply.

-More multi-passenger flying mounts similar to the magic carpet.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • A Runed Lobster Trap
     - Speeds up the decay time of all items within the trap up to 500% by submerging them directly into the currents of the aethers.
     - PUT <item> IN LOBSTERTRAP
     - LOWER LOBSTERTRAP up to 5 depths, each depth speeding up the decay of the items within 100%.
     - RAISE LOBSTERTRAP up to 5 depths, the last RAISE LOBSTERTRAP allows the user to retrieve their items.
     - GET <item> FROM LOBSTERTRAP
     - When any item reaches 1 month of decay time, the trap is automatically sprung and raises itself up.

General design idea: Plain in shape and function, a runed lobster trap appears unremarkable until closer inspection. Made entirely of platinum, aetheric detritus obscures the exquisite craftsmanship.

I don't think anyone would buy it if it cost more than 100db or something similar to that, but it'd be useful for making tawdry clothing!
  • Not an idea for a specific artifact. Rather an idea for a general artifact mechanic: the ability to trial an artifact. Sometimes you want to see a little more specifically how an artifact works without investing the credits. While some artifacts can be lent by other players who have them, that doesn't always work.
    ASHOP <id> TRIAL END [CONFIRM] // to terminate the trial period for an artifact earlyASHOP <id> TRIAL [CONFIRM]

• Not all artifacts can be trialed: for example consumable artifacts can't be trialed
    • Trial lasts for 1 RL hour
    • Trials are not available during events
    • If the masochism timer is triggered outside an arena, the trial ends immediately
    • Maybe your character only gets 5 trials to use and once they're gone, they're gone
    • Or, maybe you can only trial an artifact once and then you can no longer trial that artifact
    • Or both
    Chirbi said:
    A Runed Lobster Trap
     - Speeds up the decay time of all items within the trap up to 500% by submerging them directly into the currents of the aethers.
     - PUT <item> IN LOBSTERTRAP
     - LOWER LOBSTERTRAP up to 5 depths, each depth speeding up the decay of the items within 100%.
     - RAISE LOBSTERTRAP up to 5 depths, the last RAISE LOBSTERTRAP allows the user to retrieve their items.
     - GET <item> FROM LOBSTERTRAP
     - When any item reaches 1 month of decay time, the trap is automatically sprung and raises itself up.

General design idea: Plain in shape and function, a runed lobster trap appears unremarkable until closer inspection. Made entirely of platinum, aetheric detritus obscures the exquisite craftsmanship.

I don't think anyone would buy it if it cost more than 100db or something similar to that, but it'd be useful for making tawdry clothing!
    Though for 100db you could technically get a scarecrow hat, which solves the tawdry problem for you.

Not against the idea, just pointing out :)
  • @Foehn - I like that idea a lot. I know in the past (MKO, not Lusty) I've asked the Godmin ahead of time if I could buy an artefact with a view to a refund if it's not quite what I was looking for. They happily returned my (bound) credits 24 hours later when I wasn't really feeling it - and no reason they wouldn't when I'd already shown I wasn't douching around by binding the credits.

Another possibility is a hiring (vs. trialling) system. So you hire it for a RL day for 1/10th of the ticket price, and the system records your fee and discounts it from any future purchase of the artefact.