WonderBrazier Aug 2017 promo

Comments

• I really don't like the purify effect. Others have made good points about why it's probably too strong, but also even if we want an effect like that, it shouldn't be gated behind an expensive artifact.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I'd like to see some descs and skill lines :D
  • Kaimanahi said:
    Preliminary constructive feedback:

- Purify, I have to agree, imposes an unfair strain on melders. No ability should shut down the vast majority of a class' prime skillset without counter-play. A less invasive implementation might be to give personal immunity to meld passive effects for a limited time (60s?).

Being immune to one class' passive abilities doesn't seem fair.

Originally, I wondered if given the number of illusion skills on this artifact if it simply and then blocked illusionry terrain.
  • Remove purify. Move one of the level 20 abilities to the level 12 slot.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    One of the level 20 abilities (the most broken one) was already removed.
  • Why does level 20 even need so many abilities though?
  • What does "a small crit chance to non-village influencing" mean precisely? 

Does amplify live in the buff system, or is it outside?
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Steingrim said:
    Kaimanahi said:
    Preliminary constructive feedback:

- Purify, I have to agree, imposes an unfair strain on melders. No ability should shut down the vast majority of a class' prime skillset without counter-play. A less invasive implementation might be to give personal immunity to meld passive effects for a limited time (60s?).

Being immune to one class' passive abilities doesn't seem fair.

Originally, I wondered if given the number of illusion skills on this artifact if it simply and then blocked illusionry terrain.
    I mean, lust already exists.
  • Mrak said:
    What does "a small crit chance to non-village influencing" mean precisely? 

Does amplify live in the buff system, or is it outside?
    It is outside the buff system. 5% chance to crit (with 5% of 5% to do x4 crit etc).
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited August 2017
    Random feedback: Illusoryself is one of the the best survivability skills in the game, if not the best damage mitigation skill. You just don't see it much because the rest of glamours tends to be be terrible (looking at you, flare mechanic). 

If even if it's just once a whenever, it will afford a person a tremendous amount if survivability from damage. I assume no one is raising an eyebrow because most people haven't used it. I played glamours almost exclusively (despite popular trends) and I can tell you that defense is a game changer.

Also, yes, it already sucks to be a melder. Mechanics that make it more sucky might be good for the game in the long run, but at that point you may as well just remove melding rather than making it incrementally worse to play as one.

edit: Here's an example of how you can stack mitigation.

(7468|89), (7170|98), (10800|100), 5p  (ex)-
    A bone shark opens his massive maw and bites down hard on your arm.
    Grokus, an undead grimtoad leaps into the air in front of you, deflecting the attack.
    A bone shark shears through the water and past you, causing the waters to churn in a mass of bloody 
    red froth as he neatly carves a huge chunk of meat out of you.
    Your illusory doppleganger completely absorbs the damage.
    (7468|89), (7170|98), (10800|100), 5p  (ex)-
    You can no longer sustain your damage shift.
    (7468|89), (7170|98), (10800|100), 5p  (ex)-bb
    manifest destruction at shark
    You shape liquid globes of power from the air and hurl them at a bone shark. He screams in agony as 
    they splash across his burning skin and hungrily devour it.
    You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
    (8215|98), (7300|100), (10800|100), 5p  (e)-
    A bone shark crashes headlong into you with the weight of his entire body.
    (7822|94), (7300|100), (10800|100), 5p  (e)-
    You bleed 79 health.
    (7743|93), (7300|100), (10800|100), 5p  (e)- (0.203s)
    (7743|93), (7120|97), (10800|100), 5p  (e)-
    A magic aura flares around you and completely absorbs the damage.
    (7743|93), (7120|97), (10800|100), 6p  (e)-
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. (3.314s)
    (7743|93), (7300|100), (10800|100), 6p  (ex)-
    bb
    You shape liquid globes of power from the air and hurl them at a bone shark. He screams in agony as 
    (7743|93), (7300|100), (10800|100), 6p  (e)-
    A magic aura flares around you and completely absorbs the damage.
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. (3.276s)
    bb
    You may be healed by a scroll again.
    Grokus, an undead grimtoad leaps into the air in front of you, deflecting the attack.
    A bone shark shears through the water and past you, causing the waters to churn in a mass of bloody 
    red froth as he neatly carves a huge chunk of meat out of you.
    (6639|79), (7300|100), (10800|100), 6p  (e)-(read 232032)
    You read a Scroll of Healing.
    You feel an invigorating energy rush through you.
    (7386|88), (7300|100), (10800|100), 6p  (e)-
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. (3.264s)
    (8133|97), (7300|100), (10800|100), 6p  (ex)-
    bb
    (8133|97), (7300|100), (10800|100), 6p  (e)-
  • Illusoryself is crazy powerful unless you fight against someone with the illusions skill set who knows what they are about.

But yea when theres no illusionists about its gold.
  • Cyndarin said:
    Random feedback: Illusoryself is one of the the best survivability skills in the game, if not the best damage mitigation skill. You just don't see it much because the rest of glamours tends to be be terrible (looking at you, flare mechanic). 

If even if it's just once a whenever, it will afford a person a tremendous amount if survivability from damage. I assume no one is raising an eyebrow because most people haven't used it. I played glamours almost exclusively (despite popular trends) and I can tell you that defense is a game changer.

Question!

I know from other games with absorb shields... they can range anywhere from near useless (probably from devs worried about the latter), to being totally broken overpowered...

I'm a little curious where this one sits on the power curve. A 5p power cost... seems like it might be worth it if you're trying to punch above your weight class for a specific mob or something, but seems like it would be a bit heavy for routine bashing and would drain reserves if you tried to upkeep it... is that right? Or is it so powerful it's worth it all the time and won't use much power..?
    beep
  • edited August 2017
    Well for bashing there isn't really many places or mobs that are scary enough for you to be wanting to use illusoryself all the time. Except astral and if your bashing astral your drawing in power.

Illusoryself is really nice for astral bashing, it was my go to thing as a bard for hunting.

EDIT: Just a rough recap on how the ability works. You cast it and you get a damage shield thats about double your health. There is a chance a damage hit hits your illusoryhealth pool instead of you. So its basically a chance to toally shrug damage until the illusoryself wears out.

You essentially just shrug random damage hits. It lasts plently long enough for all pvp fights to have it up all the time and you can maintain it constantly on an astralbash and still generate power.

Its main weakness is that it can be dispelled with a super quick balance. So any mages or glamours bards who are on the ball can strip it and make it totally useless.

• ...Like bodyguard with a healthpool, but also useful in pvp it sounds like... How is blur? 
    beep
    edited August 2017
    Illusoryself is a shield that has twice your total health pool that has a 50% chance to absorb any damage received until it runs out. There are a handful of skills that bypass it, the same that bypass rune of absorption I believe, but those are very few and far between.

It's amazing for astral where you are constantly drawing power, a glamours bard can grind astral super early.

For PK, you set it up before the fight, regen power, then you have what equates to a 50% damage shield as long as it lasts. So, for example, in a group fight where both teams are focusing down melders...assuming all things equal, the melder with this artifact takes half the damage of the opposition. That's...significant. 

I could be wrong, but dispel has a decent chance to fail on someone that is also trans illusions. Technically if someone wants to dump the power on you, they can critique as well. 

I actually don't know what blur does. I've always used it but the AB is super vague. I'd be surprised if anyone actually knew specifically what it does. "Makes you harder to hit," but it doesn't provide dodge. Maybe it worked with stance prior to the overhaul? Maybe @Ianir can eyeball it for you.
    edited August 2017
    A lot of things bypass Rune of Absorption, it only blocks physical damage... so it doesn't sound like IllusorySelf uses the same routine, if only a few things can bypass it.
  • Pretty sure it's increased dodge. Not sure the amounts or what it compares to. 

• I've never had a targeted dispell fail before.
    edited August 2017
    Xenthos said:
    A lot of things bypass Rune of Absorption, it only blocks physical damage... so it doesn't sound like IllusorySelf uses the same routine, if only a few things can bypass it.
    No no. I mean some skills have been changed to ignore RoA. I believe Nihilism Torture does, for example, through a report some years back (I think. My memory is soaked in whiskey).
  • ...I had kind of assumed the RoA was a pve thing anyways, I'm a little surprised to hear it works in pvp at all...
    beep
    Not gonna lie. I scratched my head at illusoryself being a power on there
  • Pretty sure that blur the skill and the wonder brazier has zero effect in game other than to be an active defense.
  • Q: If you form a wonder item and there's a substantial change (spelt n-e-r-f) to it afterwards, can you get your crystal refunded?
    What does blur actually do?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Blur's supposed to make it harder to hit you with warrior attacks? I've never seen it do or proc anything.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Versalean said:
    Q: If you form a wonder item and there's a substantial change (spelt n-e-r-f) to it afterwards, can you get your crystal refunded?
    Nope.  You can break apart a more complete wonderitem and get all crystals back minus one (so if you have a 20 crystal item and it is nerfed you can break it into 19 crystals), but a one-crystal wonderitem can't break (or it would be a 100% loss).

This is why I generally don't form wonderitems until I have 15+ crystals (preferably all 20).
  • Current list of changes:

1) Rework/modify purify
    2) Add a limitation on illusoryself or give an alternative.
    3) Ensure Blur is actually functioning and, if it's not, actually give it an effect within the overhauled game.
    4) Add a cooldown/balance time to track.

No estimated time of completion, hopefully in the next week health willing.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • I didn't think blur did anything.
    Yehn said:
    ...I had kind of assumed the RoA was a pve thing anyways, I'm a little surprised to hear it works in pvp at all...
    Nope! RoA should one of the first artifact purchased for any serious PKers. 
  • Not sure if its that needed these days. Physical damage is generally on the lower end of the damage spectrum anyway.